GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Need help with turn signal socket part # & source

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-16, 08:02 PM
zippinbye
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Need help with turn signal socket part # & source

My replacement attempt of the left front turn indicator bulb did not go so well. It's the third time I've had to change a 1156A bulb on my 2005 GX, so the method was not a mystery. As I did the push and turn motion to unseat the bulb from the socket, I got the dreaded bulb glass disconnect from its base; it just crumbled in by hand. I have suffered this mishap in other vehicles, most often boat trailers that are prone to corrosion problems. One can usually use needle nose pliers to gently coax the base out of the socket. Not me today! Due to limited access and fumbling fingers, I butchered it, eventually removing the base chunk-by-chunk. And of course I messed up the plastic socket too. While it appeared the contacts would align properly, the bulb would not illuminate without me intervening (downward pressure). I pried the bottom contact up higher with no success. I got tired if trying to finesse the socket to functionality. Looks like I could clip and strip the wires and crimp on a replacement socket with a bit of luck. But I cannot find the part in any of the online catalogs or via Google search. Please drop me a part number and likely place to find it if you know. Also any tips on commonality with other Toy/Lex vehicles. Praying my local pic-a-part place will get car in stock that I can cannibalize. Thanks!
Old 08-22-16, 07:05 AM
chiph9
Pole Position

Received 728 Likes on 596 Posts

Unless you're willing to replace that entire sub-harness ($2500), pick-a-part is your best bet. Find something to block the opening in the meantime so you don't get water in there.

http://www.lexussouthatlantaparts.co...rimLevel=19100

Chip H.
Old 09-08-16, 06:20 PM
zippinbye
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Toy/Lex Commonality

Yes, Pick-A-Part looks like they way. Does anybody know what other Toyota/Lexus cars might share the identical socket to the one that holds our amber front turn indicator bulb?
Old 11-23-20, 10:47 AM
YouCrazy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any luck

Originally Posted by zippinbye
My replacement attempt of the left front turn indicator bulb did not go so well. It's the third time I've had to change a 1156A bulb on my 2005 GX, so the method was not a mystery. As I did the push and turn motion to unseat the bulb from the socket, I got the dreaded bulb glass disconnect from its base; it just crumbled in by hand. I have suffered this mishap in other vehicles, most often boat trailers that are prone to corrosion problems. One can usually use needle nose pliers to gently coax the base out of the socket. Not me today! Due to limited access and fumbling fingers, I butchered it, eventually removing the base chunk-by-chunk. And of course I messed up the plastic socket too. While it appeared the contacts would align properly, the bulb would not illuminate without me intervening (downward pressure). I pried the bottom contact up higher with no success. I got tired if trying to finesse the socket to functionality. Looks like I could clip and strip the wires and crimp on a replacement socket with a bit of luck. But I cannot find the part in any of the online catalogs or via Google search. Please drop me a part number and likely place to find it if you know. Also any tips on commonality with other Toy/Lex vehicles. Praying my local pic-a-part place will get car in stock that I can cannibalize. Thanks!
Any luck finding the part number. I seen some on Amazon and ebay. The grey wire got ripped off the harness I don't think I can solder it back together

Old 11-23-20, 03:41 PM
Lexus4321
Instructor

Received 120 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by YouCrazy
Any luck finding the part number. I seen some on Amazon and ebay. The grey wire got ripped off the harness I don't think I can solder it back together
I think I included all of the connectors in the 2004 set of docs

check here https://s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/s...4-Lexus-RM.zip

Once you find the connector you'll need to buy the "repair kit" for that connector, the dealer should be able to get it for you around $20 or so. They usually come with wires attached to pins you insert into the new connector, you then have to splice the wires together (inline twist, I like to solder, heatshrink tubing, put tubing on 1st, etc).

Or, just call dealer parts and tell them you need repair connectors/wires for the blinker connector, etc.
The following users liked this post:
YouCrazy (11-23-20)