GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Hidden fuse for trailer lights?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-16, 01:02 PM
ryanmcdoug
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hidden fuse for trailer lights?

Hey guys, been lurking here for a while since I bought my 07 GX a while ago. Tons of great information on this site. Was having a problem getting my trailer lights to work with my factory installed tow package and was wondering if there is a group of trailer specific fuses hidden somewhere that I don't know about.

I ask because on my old Tacoma I had issues and after hours of troubleshooting I found out that there was a cluster of fuses under the carpet behind the rear seats. There was no mention of these fuses in the owners manual and I got lucky I found them. Did some searching on the forum and couldn't find anything related.
Old 07-19-16, 01:19 PM
Barnesie
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ryanmcdoug
Hey guys, been lurking here for a while since I bought my 07 GX a while ago. Tons of great information on this site. Was having a problem getting my trailer lights to work with my factory installed tow package and was wondering if there is a group of trailer specific fuses hidden somewhere that I don't know about.

I ask because on my old Tacoma I had issues and after hours of troubleshooting I found out that there was a cluster of fuses under the carpet behind the rear seats. There was no mention of these fuses in the owners manual and I got lucky I found them. Did some searching on the forum and couldn't find anything related.
I would make sure you have the relays needed for towing. There a two in the engine bay and another one in the back near the drivers side tail light. There is a thread somewhere on this site that talks about the specifics....I will try to find it for you.
The following users liked this post:
GX4704X4 (09-25-20)
Old 07-19-16, 01:23 PM
Barnesie
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...tow-hitch.html

Thread for the relays...maybe someone took them out or something??...either way I would start there.
Old 07-19-16, 09:05 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by ryanmcdoug

There is a small rubber like plastic relay box behind the battery it should have two places for the relays The early 2004 gx470 needed the relay in the rear left taillight section that you could get to through the jack storage panel or you could pry the molding open to get to the connector that relay was green and was discontinued You should only need the two relays that are in the separate relay box in the engine compartment for the 2005 going forward
The following users liked this post:
MrClean402 (04-12-24)