GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

I'm getting a new bumper... and light... and...

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-16, 01:05 PM
IanB2
Pole Position

Received 520 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by SkeetShoot
To be honest with you I'm sure I could deny and not sign it, but to be honest, they have been excellent to work with (the company) they called right away apologized and said they would handle everything.

I'm not really an opportunistic guy so for me to try to get some extra cash out of it, really isnt in my nature. I just want my car fixed and back to me so I can enjoy it again, thats all.
I'm not suggesting you try and get anything extra out of them, just that you have control over how what you are owed is spent.

If the bodyshop was down with it, you could also have them invoice as quoted, and do the repairs to your specs with you kicking in any extra monies required. At the end of the day, it's not the other party's business what you do with your money.
Old 05-26-16, 01:28 PM
SkeetShoot
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK. Well currently I just want the body shop to do what they are going to do. I've known the guy for a long time and is a family friend. He is going to do a little Stainless Steel welding for me for my brewing hobby as well.

I'm sure with $5K I could easily replace all the stuff myself, but I don't have the time or the inclination at this juncture.
Old 06-06-16, 07:01 AM
SkeetShoot
Rookie

I got my GX back on Saturday. Body Shop did a great job, not that it was that hard of work for them anyway. Blended nicely on the hood. They ended up repainting most of the front hood, which was nice. Only small issue was when they did that there was a small drip that dried... Its minimal, but its too bad that it happened.

I'll get some pictures up later.

Oh and I decided since I was in the mood to check out the rear brakes... whoah... Those have got to be the original rotors. 130 miles, the outside of the rotor is in not too terrible condition, but the inside... Oh man... it has about a half inch on the outside of the rotor where it rusted up and is now biting into the pad and created a severe groove... Now i know why its pulsating a bit back there!

I'll have to put new rear rotors and pads on the back for sure. Also still need to replace the struts and shocks as they are all blown. I'll probably wait until after winter to do all this, as honestly its not that bad. Plus I figure if I wait, I can just put the lift suspension on that I want and the new Grabbers.
Old 06-06-16, 11:45 AM
180ls1
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SkeetShoot
I got my GX back on Saturday. Body Shop did a great job, not that it was that hard of work for them anyway. Blended nicely on the hood. They ended up repainting most of the front hood, which was nice. Only small issue was when they did that there was a small drip that dried... Its minimal, but its too bad that it happened.

I'll get some pictures up later.

Oh and I decided since I was in the mood to check out the rear brakes... whoah... Those have got to be the original rotors. 130 miles, the outside of the rotor is in not too terrible condition, but the inside... Oh man... it has about a half inch on the outside of the rotor where it rusted up and is now biting into the pad and created a severe groove... Now i know why its pulsating a bit back there!

I'll have to put new rear rotors and pads on the back for sure. Also still need to replace the struts and shocks as they are all blown. I'll probably wait until after winter to do all this, as honestly its not that bad. Plus I figure if I wait, I can just put the lift suspension on that I want and the new Grabbers.
IMO they should have done the WHOLE hood. That way the paint wraps the whole thing and there wont be a thin layer of clear coat exposed to at the edges where they stopped.
Old 06-07-16, 05:28 AM
SkeetShoot
Rookie

I checked... They did the whole hood and the fender. Sorry no photos I forgot my phone today running out of the house. ugh.