GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

06 GX470 master window/door lock inop.

Old 05-11-16, 08:56 PM
P0411
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 GX470 master window/door lock inop.

Hello everyone. I have a 06 GX470, and the lf window master switch has stopped working. The only items it will still control are the window lock, and the up and down movement of the lf window. It will not operate the other three Windows or the door locks. Before you ask I did try to re-sync all of the Windows first. I know the master switch is good, since I was able to swap it with a known good one. I checked all fuses and they are also good. I removed of door panel and was going to start checking grounds and continuity between the harness from the lf master switch to the junction block. Anyone else ever seen this before or have any ideas??
Old 05-12-16, 06:57 AM
chiph9
Pole Position

Received 728 Likes on 596 Posts

Try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes by removing the negative terminal. When you reconnect it, try to be fast and sure, to minimize any sparking. You'll have to reenter your radio codes and reset your seat memory afterwards, as well as resetting the auto-windows.

If this doesn't do it, I would investigate broken wires where they go through the rubber door boot.

Chip H.
Old 05-13-16, 07:28 AM
MRG242
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by P0411
Hello everyone. I have a 06 GX470, and the lf window master switch has stopped working. The only items it will still control are the window lock, and the up and down movement of the lf window. It will not operate the other three Windows or the door locks. Before you ask I did try to re-sync all of the Windows first. I know the master switch is good, since I was able to swap it with a known good one. I checked all fuses and they are also good. I removed of door panel and was going to start checking grounds and continuity between the harness from the lf master switch to the junction block. Anyone else ever seen this before or have any ideas??
I had a similar issue a few weeks ago after disconnecting and reconnecting the battery. I went to each window control and operated the window from there. Then, I could operate all windows from the driver's seat controls.

Mike
Old 05-15-16, 06:13 PM
P0411
Driver School Candidate

I've tried re-syncing all of the Windows. That was the first thing I tried. The door lock on the LF doesn't work either. I've eliminated the lf master switch and junction block as being both good.
Old 05-16-16, 07:05 AM
chiph9
Pole Position

So, no blinking window switch lights?

Chip H.
Old 05-16-16, 07:19 AM
P0411
Driver School Candidate

The main master window switch blinks like it need to be reprogrammed. Problem is when I go to each individual switch and go through the process of doing so the master switch still won't control the other three Windows. The door lock doesn't work on the lf switch either. But the RF door lock switch does work.
Old 05-16-16, 10:25 AM
chiph9
Pole Position

I would start looking at wire continuity then. Use a voltmeter, not a test light (they draw too much current for today's computer-run cars). I don't have a factory service manual, but maybe you can pick one up that has the wiring diagrams and color codes you need.

Chip H.
Old 04-01-19, 05:28 PM
MrJason
Lead Lap

Received 222 Likes on 176 Posts

I just started having weird issues. The rear left window just rolled down on its own and wouldn’t roll up from anywhere else.
I had to hold the switch on the rear left up and turn the key on while holding up. This got the window up... but it then statered rolling down again. So I turned the key off and held up on the rear switch to get it back up.. then quickly turned off the key.

I happen to be on a business trip... so I just unplugged the rear left window switch. This stopped the window from rolling down on its own... but now only my front two windows work.

im hoping it’s just the master switch. I ordered one today so it will be at home when I get back.

But the drivers window will will only retain auto function until the key is cycled... on top of that.. the pass front window only works from the pass switch(yes I tried the sync).

Hopefully I can get the new switch and install it... then all will be well after that.
Old 08-31-19, 07:56 AM
hairdoo
Driver School Candidate

Default Did you ever resolve this?

Originally Posted by P0411
I have the EXACT same problem (and my fob stopped working). Curious what the fix was, if there was one.
Old 04-10-20, 11:18 AM
jnshaycons
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Did this ever get resolved

I have the same exact issue. Key fob and passenger switch are the only way to operate door looks. Master switch will not lock or unlock. Master switch will only control driver door window and no other windows. All other windows work fine from their local switch including the express function after re initialization.
I have tried 2 different master switches both with the same results.
All wires and connects have been checked and seem normal including all fuses.
Any luck with your issues?
Old 11-23-23, 11:25 PM
donmsb
1st Gear

Originally Posted by jnshaycons
I have the same exact issue. Key fob and passenger switch are the only way to operate door looks. Master switch will not lock or unlock. Master switch will only control driver door window and no other windows. All other windows work fine from their local switch including the express function after re initialization.
I have tried 2 different master switches both with the same results.
All wires and connects have been checked and seem normal including all fuses.
Any luck with your issues?

Hi! Apologies for bringing up an old thread, also I’m new here so apologies if i make any errors here.
Did you ever fix this issue? I had some water ingress through what i assume is from the roof rack bolt holes and it pooled up around the driver seat floor board.
i noticed that my key fob would no longer unlock/lock the car but can be unlocked with the key, only the driver window can be operated by the driver door switch panel, doors can be unlocked with the passenger switch panel, all windows roll down with their individual switches.
i also noticed that the auto side mirror tilt stopped working in reverse, and the auto retract feature of the steering wheel stopped working as well.

It doesn’t look like any of the ECU-B and ECU-B2 fuses are blown.

curious if you were able to fix your issue?

Old 02-21-24, 11:42 AM
yubagx
3rd Gear

Default same same, any news?

Hey everyone, im joining the issue club. When the windows, lock, driver seat settings and steering wheel auto position stopped working i also had the following dash lights come on, Brake, ABS, VSC TRAC, VSC OFF and the car skid. There were no codes thrown, and now they have gone away after a day..
Very strange. Anyone have an update on cause? All fuses checked and all are fine.

06 GX470 131k miles
Old 02-21-24, 01:26 PM
chiph9
Pole Position

Did you visually check the fuses or did you check with a meter? Because it's not uncommon for a fuse to fail so that you can't tell by looking.

Chip H.
Old 02-21-24, 01:44 PM
yubagx
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by chiph9
Did you visually check the fuses or did you check with a meter? Because it's not uncommon for a fuse to fail so that you can't tell by looking.

Chip H.
Good call, ill give that a go tonight.
Old 02-23-24, 04:40 PM
yubagx
3rd Gear

All fuses are good.. my 4runner also just threw a 420 code so im on a roll with troubleshooting adventures now!