GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

LED headlight bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-17, 02:36 PM
Booyah
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I suggest Xenondepot 5K HID kit (great C/S), I have ran their kits on low and Fogs since 08 when I bought my GX, and really have not had much of any issues! I love them and the light output, there are quite a few GX owners who have that kit and all love it.
The following users liked this post:
XenonDepot (10-18-18)
Old 01-10-17, 04:51 PM
EddieK05
Pit Crew

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I bought the OPT7 kit for low beams on my '08 GX and have been extremely happy with them. Took about 15 minutes to install and the light pattern is excellent.

Last edited by EddieK05; 12-21-17 at 08:51 AM.
Old 09-21-17, 01:29 PM
DiabloX22
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

idk how old this is OPT7 LED FluxbeamX Lows are insane doing fogs as we speak ordering his
Old 12-21-17, 06:47 AM
Matsui
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sheikhmax
If you are looking to buy LEDs we talked about on this thread the link is below:

https://www.amazon.com/OPT7-Headligh.../dp/B00VNBDWPK
I just ordered these and can't wait to get them on.
Old 12-21-17, 08:42 AM
sheikhmax
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ruining them for 1 year and almost 4 months. Still going great and no issues so far...
Old 09-08-18, 08:21 PM
Gxlukewv
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been running the xenondepot extreme hid’s for around 8 months in my 06 gx and my lights keep randomly shutting off. The company had me switch ballast, then they had me remove the relay harness’ then re install them after that didn’t correct the issue. Any suggestions from anyone on here or anyone else have similar experience?
Old 09-10-18, 07:02 AM
maxx430
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Gxlukewv
I have been running the xenondepot extreme hid’s for around 8 months in my 06 gx and my lights keep randomly shutting off. The company had me switch ballast, then they had me remove the relay harness’ then re install them after that didn’t correct the issue. Any suggestions from anyone on here or anyone else have similar experience?
I have an 06 with the extreme hids as well. Had it for over 2 years and recently my driver side light would not always turn on. I have to turn the lights off and on until it turns on.
Old 09-10-18, 07:13 AM
Gxlukewv
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by maxx430
I have an 06 with the extreme hids as well. Had it for over 2 years and recently my driver side light would not always turn on. I have to turn the lights off and on until it turns on.
m

mine is doing this with and without the relay harness. I don’t want to just keep turning them on and off, I would prefer a permanent fix, but I haven’t been able to find any useful info. The company has just had me remove the relays and then re install the relays when removing them didn’t fix it. Any suggestions? Or are you in the same boat?
Old 09-10-18, 07:47 AM
JLee50
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by DiabloX22
idk how old this is OPT7 LED FluxbeamX Lows are insane doing fogs as we speak ordering his
Did they fit? I ordered fogs from v-leds a while back and they did not (looks like they pulled it from their compatibility list after I returned them).
Old 09-13-18, 12:35 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

m

mine is doing this with and without the relay harness. I don’t want to just keep turning them on and off, I would prefer a permanent fix, but I haven’t been able to find any useful info. The company has just had me remove the relays and then re install the relays when removing them didn’t fix it. Any suggestions? Or are you in the same boat?
It sounds like you have already been in touch with us about troubleshooting your issues - swapping components around, or trying the kit without the relay harnesses, is not necessary going to Fix the issue. Usually those are just steps in properly diagnosing the Source of the problem, at which point we can help you out with replacements if you are under warranty.

If you get the same behaviour both With and Without a relay harness, then you can rule that out as your culprit. If you swapped the ballasts side-to-side, did you find your issue staying on the Same side of the vehicle? Or did the problem switch sides? This can help us identify your problem.

If we have not already reached a resolution with you - please contact us with your order details by forum PM, phone (877-522-2701, Mon-Fri, 9AM-5PM EST), or http://info@xenondepot.com, and we will do our best to help you out.

Originally Posted by maxx430
The same goes for your issue as well - please reach out to us if you have not already done so. What you describe is definitely an ignition issue on that one side. These issues are more commonly related to a ballast (or relay harness, when they are in use), but can also be caused by a loose/bad connection between the bulb and the vehicle's OEM wiring, hence why we have you do some swapping/troubleshooting to narrow things down.

~Robert
Old 09-18-18, 07:09 PM
DiabloX22
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

I have BRAND NEW OPT-7 Flux Beam X Hi and Lo's if anyone is interested. I will give a heck of a deal! NEVER were installed, unfortunately never got around to it before heading to Arizona from Chicago, had a incident with my GX and I am in the process of going back and forth with the insurance company, they want to total it! Hit me up, I will send pics and we will make a deal!
Old 09-19-18, 08:19 AM
sheikhmax
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DiabloX22
I have BRAND NEW OPT-7 Flux Beam X Hi and Lo's if anyone is interested. I will give a heck of a deal! NEVER were installed, unfortunately never got around to it before heading to Arizona from Chicago, had a incident with my GX and I am in the process of going back and forth with the insurance company, they want to total it! Hit me up, I will send pics and we will make a deal!
I am interested and will PM you
Old 09-28-18, 06:36 AM
dasgroup
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

PM sent also. Just bought my 05 and do not like the stock headlights.
Old 10-17-18, 07:23 PM
MTD1
Driver School Candidate

Received 23 Likes on 8 Posts

Ok so I must have missed something. I had a low beam bulb burn out on my '06. So I bought the

OPT7 Fluxbeam H11 LED Headlight Bulbs w/Arc-Beam - 60w 7,000Lm 6K Cool White CREE Kit

and installed them today. It was easy to install. I do like the white color of the light. But I am very much underwhelmed? I do not find them to be very bright? I would never say I can't tell when I turn on my brights. I took them out into the country tonight and actually found I couldn't wait on the oncoming car to pass so I could turn my brights back on?
Did I miss something? Why is everyone else's so bright and mine average at best. Other than the color, I'd say they are no different or brighter than the factory bulbs that were 12 years old.
I pulled up to my garage to see if they were pointing up or down. The aim seemed fine.
Thoughts? Please help.