GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Anyone use USASPEC BT45-TOY Bluetooth Adapter?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-15, 10:19 AM
glassmanj
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone use USASPEC BT45-TOY Bluetooth Adapter?

i just found this thru a local installer's site. hadn't seen it before. it allows bluetooth music and phone, while also giving you a USB charging only port as well as an mini jack AUX input. the vaistech only gives bluetooth so i'm leaning this way. anyone used this before or recommendations?

https://www.usaspec.com/p-322-bt45-toy.aspx
Old 11-20-15, 07:02 AM
roemer7
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Vaistech SLB3 installed and really like it. It gives perfectly clear sound and integrates into the Lexus system beautifully.

- The SLB3 also has a USB charging port.

- One huge advantage of the SLB3 is that it automatically skips/clears the navigation "OK" screen.

http://www.vaistech.com/manuals/Manual_SL3B.pdf

Page 4 of the instruction manual shows the USB charging port.

Having an additional AUX port would be nice.

Feel free to ask if you have any more questions.
Old 11-20-15, 06:32 PM
zippinbye
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by roemer7
Just stumbled across your discussion, so I'll ask: my 05 with NAV/ML Audio is fine except for the Bluetooth audio quality at the other end of the line. Not so good. Totally acceptable 11 years ago, but my daughter's $100 Pioneer deck sounds 10 times better for the other call participant. Dies your system resolve that issue and stream BT musical as well?
Old 11-21-15, 05:59 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by roemer7
I have the Vaistech SLB3 installed and really like it. It gives perfectly clear sound and integrates into the Lexus system beautifully.

- The SLB3 also has a USB charging port.

- One huge advantage of the SLB3 is that it automatically skips/clears the navigation "OK" screen.

http://www.vaistech.com/manuals/Manual_SL3B.pdf

Page 4 of the instruction manual shows the USB charging port.

Having an additional AUX port would be nice.

I have 2004 gx470. I also installed the sl3b Great product great sound easy install I have main module in glove box so easy access to charging port if I want it as well if any firm ware updates.
Old 11-21-15, 06:20 AM
LexRex
Pit Crew

Received 68 Likes on 43 Posts

My SL3B should be here today. FWIW, bluetooth call quality on my '09 is great. Just needs to stream music too, so the Vais should be ideal.
Old 11-23-15, 11:41 AM
roemer7
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zippinbye
Just stumbled across your discussion, so I'll ask: my 05 with NAV/ML Audio is fine except for the Bluetooth audio quality at the other end of the line. Not so good. Totally acceptable 11 years ago, but my daughter's $100 Pioneer deck sounds 10 times better for the other call participant. Dies your system resolve that issue and stream BT musical as well?
I've not had any complaints with the call quality in my 06 GX. With that said, it's old tech and could probably be improved upon. The SLB3 still uses the GX's integrated bluetooth for calls. It seamlessly pauses the music to answer a call and then picks back up where it left off when the call is over. The bluetooth sound for steaming music is crystal clear. I have no complaints with the sound quality of the music.

As nice as the music sounds with the SLB3, my favorite feature is the "OK" bypass feature. I smile every time I hear the "beep" and the "OK" screen goes away.
Old 12-01-15, 01:33 PM
auburn
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have the USA - SPEC BT45 TOY adapter installed in my 2004 GX470.
It works perfectly, I like it a lot. Music is crystal clear.
Phone works very well, cuts music out on incoming and outgoing calls.
Voice is clear on phone calls for both parties.
Thumbs up for this adapter!
Old 12-03-15, 10:06 AM
mbryson
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting. I'll have to check these out. Sorry but I'm posting so I can find this easily. We are recent purchasers of a 2004 GX. Vehicle is for my wife but I like it quite a bit as well
Old 12-03-15, 05:19 PM
glassmanj
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

@auburn,
does your bt45 clear the nav screen like the vaistech as stated above-"One huge advantage of the SLB3 is that it automatically skips/clears the navigation "OK" screen

that may be my final deciding factor. i loath that screen
Old 12-03-15, 07:51 PM
auburn
Driver School Candidate

The USA-SPEC BT45-TOY does not eliminate the Navigation/OK screen.
It does work very well though, and is plug and play.
It was more important to me to have both hands free phone and bluetooth music than eliminate the Navigation/OK screen.
That said if your GX already has hands free phone than the Vais Tech would be great as well.
2004 GX's did not have hands free phone so the USA-SPEC unit made more sense to me.

Last edited by auburn; 12-03-15 at 07:59 PM.
Old 12-04-15, 06:54 AM
auburn
Driver School Candidate

Would think that you would only use the music streaming portion.
Vaistech may be a better solution for people with hands free phone option from the factory.
(No navigation ok screen) with Vaistech.
Old 03-07-16, 09:20 AM
angelslex
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I have a 2004 GX. Do you have a link of what parts to order.
Thanks
Old 03-10-16, 08:07 AM
Bodee470
Driver School Candidate

i just installed the bt45 into my 04 gx. took about 15 minutes to install. Sound quality is the same as stock, maybe a little more heavy in the bass. yes there is an issue with different volume sets switching from phone calls to music, but that doesn't bother me much. microphone is crystal clear. you can still switch to next song and control volume from the steering wheel which I really like. all in all I will purchase again. I think the wife wants one for her 2011 Rav now.
Old 03-13-16, 09:52 AM
memokc
Rookie

Not to go off topic but a lot of you keep referring to the nav screen OK button you have to push before the screen will change. I have a 2007 GX & it had the original nav disc so I purchased an OEM 2015 15.1 nav disc & to my surprise a little paragraph pops up when you start your SUV telling you about safety etc & then times out shortly and goes to the nav screen. No OK button etc. So for those that might have a really old nav disc might consider upgrading, it has a ton of new highways that were just built here in OKC & such & I don't have to touch the OK button. Although my home address when in my freaking driveway is not right & when I put in my address it looks like it's a block up the road, it's a great upgrade! Just my two cents about the OK button in the nav screen.
Old 03-13-16, 03:41 PM
chiph9
Pole Position

Received 752 Likes on 616 Posts

Your 2007 uses Gen5 navigation software and it may behave differently from the people with Gen4 and Gen3 systems (I have this one and were it not for my USB interface, would be hitting OK every time.)

Chip H.

Quick Reply: Anyone use USASPEC BT45-TOY Bluetooth Adapter?