GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Anyone use USASPEC BT45-TOY Bluetooth Adapter?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-17, 03:37 PM
arp1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What dip switch settings did you set yours at. I just installed one in my 04 GX, it works well, but when another source is used and then go back to the BT45 source, I get no audio... Maybe I did not set them correctly.
Old 05-15-17, 03:42 PM
arp1
Driver School Candidate

What dip switch settings did you set yours at. I just installed one in my 04 GX, it works well, but when another source is used and then go back to the BT45 source, I get no audio... Maybe I did not set them correctly.

What input source are you using?

Thanks!
Old 05-18-17, 11:40 AM
dtaylor
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

SPEC BT45 TOY.....
This looks like an excellent upgrade from the crappy performing factory (cellphone) bluetooth feature. What else does it do? Load Iphone contacts perhaps? If not, anyone know ow to accomplish this in the 07 GX470?
Old 05-19-17, 04:17 PM
DiabloX22
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

I have a USA BT I have to install 1 of the things on my to do list. I have a extra BT TOYR adapter if anyone is interested.
Old 06-17-17, 12:11 AM
overland
Driver School Candidate

Just stumbled upon this thread. looks like the perfect solution. I will go with Vaistech as it seems to be better
Old 06-19-17, 07:07 PM
ShellyGX
Pit Crew

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Bodee470
i just installed the bt45 into my 04 gx. took about 15 minutes to install. Sound quality is the same as stock, maybe a little more heavy in the bass. yes there is an issue with different volume sets switching from phone calls to music, but that doesn't bother me much. microphone is crystal clear. you can still switch to next song and control volume from the steering wheel which I really like. all in all I will purchase again. I think the wife wants one for her 2011 Rav now.

How did you install it in 15 minutes? Looks like the head unit has to come out. Were you able to reach around back to plug it in?
Old 06-20-17, 08:08 AM
deeken
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I installed min in about an hour and a half. It was a PIA to run the mic cable through the dash and into the console area. It's a decent amount of work depending on where you are running the mic and the main unit itself.
Old 06-21-17, 07:36 AM
ShellyGX
Pit Crew

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I looked into getting the BT45 TOY but the listing said the GX470 was only for "without rear seat DVD only." We have a 2004 with rear seat DVD. Has anyone installed with the rear seat DVD?

EDIT: Answered my own question, needs an additional cable.

Last edited by ShellyGX; 06-21-17 at 07:43 AM.
Old 06-21-17, 01:25 PM
overland
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ShellyGX
I looked into getting the BT45 TOY but the listing said the GX470 was only for "without rear seat DVD only." We have a 2004 with rear seat DVD. Has anyone installed with the rear seat DVD?

EDIT: Answered my own question, needs an additional cable.
If you do not use the DVD player you can install without cable. You will lose rear DVD
Old 06-27-17, 10:00 PM
ace911
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Took me a good 2 hrs to figure out the wiring and get everything tucked away all nice and neat. Been less than a year and the first one quit working. Had to buy a new one, but just swapped out modules, so it wasnt too bad...just another $165 bucks,Not too happy about that.
btw: Dont forget to turn the volume down before you turn off the car. Otherwise....!!!!!CONNECTED!!!!... when you get back in your car....SUPER LOUD!!...thats always fun.Scares the ***** out of my kids every time.
The following users liked this post:
09ESGuy (06-29-22)
Old 07-10-17, 09:03 AM
levinsoy
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I have had this in my 2004 GX for about 9 months and love it outside of the noice difference between phone/Bluetooth and regular radio. Otherwise the BT audio works great, phone calls are clear also. There is a different TOY-R cable that sells for $30 if you have the rear entertainment system where it is supposed to fix the fluctuating noise issues but that is BS as I have tried two of these cables and there is zero difference between the regular cable and the TOY-R cable. Issue is most of these aftermarket units, you will experience a noise difference between radio and say BT Audio/Phone calls up to 50% difference. It's just something you have to live with. I worked with USA SPEC tech support on adjusting the dip switches and nothing made the volume issues go away. I'm cool with it because I still get BT Audio, Phone, and all my pandora/amazon music, podcasts, etc... The audio shows you the songs or podcasts that are playing, when call comes in it even announced the number for you, and steering wheel controls work. Any other questions, PM me.
Old 09-16-18, 06:00 AM
dwbf11
Driver School Candidate

Old thread, but does anyone know if this will work for an 03 (Nav, ML) GX? USA-Spec says it’s for 04+ only but I’m trying to figure out why that may be, especially since other older Lexus models are supported by the part.
Old 09-17-18, 09:55 AM
DiabloX22
Pole Position

Yes, mine is a 03, I installed it, it works fine. If you have RSE, make sure you get the correct adapter. I got mine from Crutchfield. I had no fluctuations in the volume either. Any questions, feel free to hit me up anytime
The following users liked this post:
dwbf11 (09-18-18)
Old 09-18-18, 08:09 AM
dwbf11
Driver School Candidate

Thanks DiabloX22 - I went ahead and ordered one. USA Spec Tech Support was not willing to say one way or the other if it would work for an 03, but encouraged me to "let them know" what I find out...
Old 09-18-18, 10:38 AM
DiabloX22
Pole Position

No problem, anytime!If you are going to do it yourself, feel free to contact me. I had mine out 2x. Once for the install, once for the thread I found to bypass the 'safety" bs of not being able to enter addresses, watch movies (lol) and all that stuff. It was well worth the time! IF you are doing it yourself, BE VERY careful when removing the wood trim!!! I would have to think about what dip switch settings I used, I know I did try a couple before the initial, replacement of everything. I also removed the cig lighter, and found a flush mount with TWO 2.1 a charging ports, most did not have dual 2.1a. The BT does come with a AUX line and a usb, which you can pick up a flush mount adapter and make a really nice, easy install in 2 areas, either the cig lighter, that is the easiest 1 to remove and replace. or the aux power port near the heated seat controls. I could not see a use for them, or just running it to the glove box. I was not going to drill a new hole in the plastic either. The mic, I ran through the back of the glove box, up the A pillar, along the head liner, using a set of plastic interior tools I bought from Ebay, just pushing the wire in enough to stay and be hidden, mounted it to the driver side of the rear view mirror. It did not take as long as it sounds!!! In the end, a fully finished professional install, that you will be proud of!. Hit me, up, anytime, I will be more than happy to give you any help, I can!

Quick Reply: Anyone use USASPEC BT45-TOY Bluetooth Adapter?