GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Rarity of a Sport Package GX

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-15, 06:28 PM
NMBruce
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was just looking at cars.com last week and for the complete US, I found only 2 2006-2009 GX470 with the Sport package.
Old 11-22-15, 02:44 PM
desertjunk
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NMBruce
I was just looking at cars.com last week and for the complete US, I found only 2 2006-2009 GX470 with the Sport package.
I found my '06 in the autotrader.com, it was a trade in at the local Mercedes dealer down the street from work, it was newly listed so I drove over to look at it since this was my particular year. I drove the lot and didn't see it.....weird I thought, maybe on a test drive already, bummer, so I drove to the holding area behind the dealer and there it was, dirty, uncleaned, not even ready for pics or the lot, so I asked about it, got the details and made an offer to them on the basis of them cleaning it and doing a safety inspection. They accepted my offer, at $500 under blue book! I started the serve arch on the sport pack and was pleasantly surprised that they missed that part of the GX and didn't price it as such to my good fortune!
I added some new Falken Wildpeak AT all terrain tires and a pintle hitch to tow my cargo trailer!
I love this rig and am planning a great off road expedition in central Idaho in 2016!
Attached Thumbnails Rarity of a Sport Package GX-image.jpeg  
Old 11-24-15, 07:38 AM
NR04
Rookie

Originally Posted by maxx430
Good News! I picked up a 2006 GX sport package. Black with grey interior. I hate black but i could settle since it was a sport package. I will post pictures when i get a chance to clean it up.
Congratulations! I was debating between black and silver but settled for silver since the black would show all the scratches from off-roading. But black looks really sharp in my opinion.

My first mod recommendation would be Weathertech window visors and floor mats.

Enjoy!
Old 11-24-15, 07:53 AM
NR04
Rookie

Originally Posted by shadowmite
I would concur, I and a coworker both had 2006 GX470's, mine is a sport/kdss and his was not. The ride is amazingly better in mine as everyone riding in the cars can tell. Without a direct comparison it might be hard to notice, but if you take the same roads everyday and switch between the cars you certainly can tell what it gets you.
Ha! Looks like people really do notice KDSS on the road. I only had mine for a few weeks before replacing the suspension so I didn't notice the reduced body roll as much but it does provide a little bit more wheel articulation when off-roading. However, I still wish I had gotten the basic model without the navigation!
Old 11-24-15, 05:44 PM
desertjunk
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NR04
Congratulations! I was debating between black and silver but settled for silver since the black would show all the scratches from off-roading. But black looks really sharp in my opinion.

My first mod recommendation would be Weathertech window visors and floor mats.

Enjoy!
That's funny, the people that traded in my '06 had installed the weather tec liners front, middle and rear! That's like another $300 in floor liners! I still had the original first aid kit in the rear door too!
Not to mention it has the front frame towing system for tow behind by a motor home! That's another $300! This '06 was really loaded. Did I say a non smoker too!
Old 11-24-15, 07:31 PM
maxx430
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by desertjunk
That's funny, the people that traded in my '06 had installed the weather tec liners front, middle and rear! That's like another $300 in floor liners! I still had the original first aid kit in the rear door too!
Not to mention it has the front frame towing system for tow behind by a motor home! That's another $300! This '06 was really loaded. Did I say a non smoker too!
sounds like someone hit the jackpot! Noticed some weather tech mat does not have a high elevated side. I figure the side wall would be high to keep all the stuff inside the mat.
Old 11-26-15, 11:08 AM
desertjunk
Driver School Candidate

Yes unfortunately the Weather Tech mats are not available with the raised edge for mud, snow, or rain. I looked at the Husky liners and for this rig they come the same way! Too bad since I have husky liners in my Tundra and they are great! They have the raised edges for bad weather, they fit nice and we're not very expensive. So I am stuck with free sub par weather techs for now! Sometimes these people assume that because it's a Lexus it must not get driven in bad weather or rough terrain!
Old 11-26-15, 06:09 PM
ALAN553
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 144 Posts

Weathertech not raised around edges? Nothing escapes my Weathertech floor liners...
Old 11-29-15, 09:28 PM
stl2chi
Rookie

Default Kdds

Interesting stat regarding the rarity of the sport package.

Just a note.. since most folks are looking for the Sports model to get the KDDS.

It was actually available on the 2005 as an stand alone option.. since the sports package did not appear until 2006.

I actually remember a salesmen trying to talk me out of ordering it back in late 2004... He too gave me the "its only needed it you are doing heavy off-roading".

Glad I did not listen to his madness.
Old 11-30-15, 06:47 AM
mustangpro
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Somehow I accidentally purchased an '05 Sport. I wanted the black maple wood trim versus the standard light wood. Didn't realize until I did further research that it was an indication of the sport trim.

After a year and 10k miles with the KDSS I feel that I wouldn't miss it. I really hate the GX lean, I'm tilting low on the drivers side about an inch. I feel people behind me are saying to themselves, what a fat azz driving that Lexus! I also feel it knock/pop over bumps. You can tell a lot is going on under there when it's having to do it's job. I do take mine off road on my property, I've tried to challenge the KDSS vs my '05 V8 SR5 4Runner, I really can't tell it helps. The biggest advantage I see is more on road, it feels like KDSS does tone down the body roll. If it goes bad and needs $$$ then I'll remove it and go with non-KDSS sway bars.
Old 01-26-16, 07:10 AM
dmhudson91
Driver School Candidate

Since the mods moved my other post. THIS IS NOT MY CAR. For anyone looking for a Sport, found this one while casually browsing.

Link to eBay
Old 01-28-16, 06:33 PM
MichiDan
Driver School Candidate

I've recently listed my silver 08 GX470 with KDSS and Sport package on AutoTrader. It has 88k miles and is in excellent condition. I'm in SW Michigan, search in zip code 49120 and you'll find it. I'd prefer that it go to someone here who would appreciate it, rather than some schmuck off the street.
Old 01-29-16, 12:05 PM
TechJunky
Driver School Candidate

After helping a friend buy IS350 F-type a few years ago I made sure the salesperson knew I was looking for a Sport. six months later I got a call from him. One had just been traded in for a new GX. Needless to say I bought it before they had a chance to clean it.
Old 01-30-16, 03:08 PM
Morphyne
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MichiDan
I've recently listed my silver 08 GX470 with KDSS and Sport package on AutoTrader. It has 88k miles and is in excellent condition. I'm in SW Michigan, search in zip code 49120 and you'll find it. I'd prefer that it go to someone here who would appreciate it, rather than some schmuck off the street.
Post this on www.t4r.org the guys over there will love it.
Old 04-08-16, 09:53 AM
sull
Driver School Candidate

Is this 2005 GX470 a Sport Package? Or did some non sport come with same interior as sport?
According to VIN lookup, it does not have KDSS but not sure how accurate it is.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...3382/overview/

Quick Reply: Rarity of a Sport Package GX