Setting the door lock function - Page 4 - Club Lexus Forums

Log In 

Setting the door lock function

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-02-07, 01:35 PM   #46
brickauto
Driver
 
brickauto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: OH
Posts: 129
Default

I've successfully disabled the all door autolock feature in my GX, thanks for this great FAQ!

This thread should be a STICKY!
brickauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-09, 03:31 PM   #47
TNGUYEN571
Driver School Candidate
 
TNGUYEN571's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ga
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbach View Post
Got this fron the dealer the other day. You can set the following auto door locking and unlocking functions. All times must be EXACT or it will not work.

(a) Locking linked with the shift position

All the dooor are locked automatically when the selector lever is moved out of the "P" position with the ignition switch in the "ON" position. This is suppose to be the default setting for new vehicles.

(b) Unlocking linked with the shift position

All the door are unlocked automatically when the selector lever is moved to the "P" position with the switch in the "ON" position.

(c) Locking linked with the vehicle speed

All the doors are automatically locked when the vehicle speed reached 12 mph or higher. However, if any door is unlocked during driving, the auto function will not operate until the unlocked door is opened once.

(d) All the doors are unlocked automatically when the driver's door is opened within 10 seconds after the ignition switch is turned from "ON" to the "ACC" or "LOCK" position.

Setting the functions
1. Close all the doors.
2. Turn the ignition switch to the "ON" position.
3. Within 10 seconds after the ignition switch is turned to the "ON" position;
+To set function (a)
Push and hold the front of the power door lock switch for 5 seconds with the selector lever in the "P" position.
+To set function (b)
Push and hold the rear of the power door lock switch for 5 seconds with the selector switch in the "P" position.
+To set fuction (c)
Push and hold the front of the power door lock switch for 5 seconds with the selector switch in any position except "P".
+To set function (d)
Push and hold the rear of the power door lock switch for 5 seconds with the selector switch in any position except "P".

All the doors are automatically locked and unlocked when you release the power door lock switch. This indicates that the functions is set. If all the doors do not lock and unlock, the time the switch was held may have been too short or too long. Perform the procedure over again starting at step 1.

If you want to cancel a function, repeat the procedure. Each time you perform the procedure, the function is set or cancelled.
Thank you for the great information.
TNGUYEN571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-09, 11:23 AM   #48
agood1
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 82
Default

This should be a sticky!
agood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-11, 04:26 AM   #49
ncphoto
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 4
Default

Works great as directed, but does anyone know how to:

(b) Unlocking linked with the shift position

All the door are unlocked automatically when the selector lever is moved to the "P" position with the switch in the "OFF" position only.
In other words if the vehicle is still running, I don't want them to unlock with the kids in the back.

Thanks
ncphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-11, 12:39 PM   #50
ALAN553
Lexus Test Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: nj
Posts: 816
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncphoto View Post
Works great as directed, but does anyone know how to:

(b) Unlocking linked with the shift position

All the door are unlocked automatically when the selector lever is moved to the "P" position with the switch in the "OFF" position only.
In other words if the vehicle is still running, I don't want them to unlock with the kids in the back.

Thanks
I agree with that, I made it so that doors unlock only when i take the key out and open my door, the rest automatically unlock. Have to open your door within 10 secs of removing the key.
ALAN553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-11, 12:56 PM   #51
BurgBoxstr
Lead Lap
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: In the garage...
Posts: 684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncphoto View Post
Works great as directed, but does anyone know how to:

(b) Unlocking linked with the shift position

All the door are unlocked automatically when the selector lever is moved to the "P" position with the switch in the "OFF" position only.
In other words if the vehicle is still running, I don't want them to unlock with the kids in the back.

Thanks

You could just engage the child locks in door jamb when desired to accomplish this as the vehicle can't determine if/when kids are/are not in back.

BurgBoxstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-11, 05:53 AM   #52
ncphoto
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgBoxstr View Post
You could just engage the child locks in door jamb when desired to accomplish this as the vehicle can't determine if/when kids are/are not in back.

Yes that would work, but we do have adults in the back as well at times. I just thought there was a solution to when you removed the key all the doors would unlock. My GMC does that, guess Lexus did not have that feature in 03 - 04. But, I'll just leave it to when I open my door they unlock. That work as well.

Thank all!
ncphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-11, 05:56 AM   #53
ALAN553
Lexus Test Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: nj
Posts: 816
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncphoto View Post
Yes that would work, but we do have adults in the back as well at times. I just thought there was a solution to when you removed the key all the doors would unlock. My GMC does that, guess Lexus did not have that feature in 03 - 04. But, I'll just leave it to when I open my door they unlock. That work as well.

Thank all!
although you cannot set it to unlock when you remove the key, you can set it to unlock when you put it in park
ALAN553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-12, 09:29 PM   #54
Globalinx
Pole Position
 
Globalinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: ON
Posts: 253
Default

Finally!!! I almost went to the dealer to get rid of the annoying auto lock function. It had bothered me for just over a year since I got the car. Now I can enjoy the normal way of living
Thanks for the post!

I also would like to know if there is a home remedy for getting all doors unlockd at the same time with a single press of a key button, or I have to go to a dealer for that?
Globalinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-12, 08:10 AM   #55
ALAN553
Lexus Test Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: nj
Posts: 816
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globalinx View Post
Finally!!! I almost went to the dealer to get rid of the annoying auto lock function. It had bothered me for just over a year since I got the car. Now I can enjoy the normal way of living
Thanks for the post!

I also would like to know if there is a home remedy for getting all doors unlockd at the same time with a single press of a key button, or I have to go to a dealer for that?
Don't think so, that feature works that way across the industry, don't want to let a stranger in any of the other doors while you are getting in the car.
ALAN553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-15, 09:39 PM   #56
fjc32
Driver School Candidate
 
fjc32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: ca
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbach View Post
Got this fron the dealer the other day. You can set the following auto door locking and unlocking functions. All times must be EXACT or it will not work.

(a) Locking linked with the shift position

All the dooor are locked automatically when the selector lever is moved out of the "P" position with the ignition switch in the "ON" position. This is suppose to be the default setting for new vehicles.

(b) Unlocking linked with the shift position

All the door are unlocked automatically when the selector lever is moved to the "P" position with the switch in the "ON" position.

(c) Locking linked with the vehicle speed

All the doors are automatically locked when the vehicle speed reached 12 mph or higher. However, if any door is unlocked during driving, the auto function will not operate until the unlocked door is opened once.

(d) All the doors are unlocked automatically when the driver's door is opened within 10 seconds after the ignition switch is turned from "ON" to the "ACC" or "LOCK" position.

Setting the functions
1. Close all the doors.
2. Turn the ignition switch to the "ON" position.
3. Within 10 seconds after the ignition switch is turned to the "ON" position;
+To set function (a)
Push and hold the front of the power door lock switch for 5 seconds with the selector lever in the "P" position.
+To set function (b)
Push and hold the rear of the power door lock switch for 5 seconds with the selector switch in the "P" position.
+To set fuction (c)
Push and hold the front of the power door lock switch for 5 seconds with the selector switch in any position except "P".
+To set function (d)
Push and hold the rear of the power door lock switch for 5 seconds with the selector switch in any position except "P".

All the doors are automatically locked and unlocked when you release the power door lock switch. This indicates that the functions is set. If all the doors do not lock and unlock, the time the switch was held may have been too short or too long. Perform the procedure over again starting at step 1.

If you want to cancel a function, repeat the procedure. Each time you perform the procedure, the function is set or cancelled.
Thank you.

I just bought my neighbor's 04 GX. I could not believe for 11 yrs that he did not look into this. Every door was locked and needed to be forced open by door handle. My 14 GX does unlock all doors when shift into P. I thought the 04 was broken. I also went to the dealer to have the steering wheel retract taken out, and one button unlock all doors programed. It was free.

The only thing I may add is using the stop watch function on your iphone to get exactly 5 sec. I tried one thousand one ... That did not work.
fjc32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-15, 06:55 AM   #57
NTH
Pole Position
 
NTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: MD
Posts: 327
Default

I'm very happy with the "auto lock with lever out of P, and unlock with lever back to P". However, I guess there's no diy for unlocking all doors at once from remote. That calls for a trip to the dealer, I guess.
NTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-15, 11:04 PM   #58
holycowe
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Nv
Posts: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTH View Post
I'm very happy with the "auto lock with lever out of P, and unlock with lever back to P". However, I guess there's no diy for unlocking all doors at once from remote. That calls for a trip to the dealer, I guess.
Press the remote once, driver door unlock. Press it twice, all doors unlock. That's what I have on our rx330 and gx470
holycowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-15, 04:34 PM   #59
NTH
Pole Position
 
NTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: MD
Posts: 327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by holycowe View Post
Press the remote once, driver door unlock. Press it twice, all doors unlock. That's what I have on our rx330 and gx470
That's pretty standard on all of them. I was referring to unlocking all from one press.
NTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-15, 05:47 PM   #60
SC3coupe
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 982
Default

So to disable the feature of autolocking, do you go to the follow procedure (a) once more?
I am thinking to just disable the locking and unlocking together.
SC3coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's your (LPS) Lexus Personalized Settings? Batmobile IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) 45 07-01-16 10:31 AM
Sick of that reverse beep? Disable it with Carista for iPhone (yes, just released!) Carista Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace 34 10-15-15 05:57 AM
Linking driving position memory with door unlock mlerskine RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) 18 02-09-14 01:28 PM
Setting the door lock function 2007 GX rtpatter GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) 1 05-13-10 12:35 PM
Am I missing something with "Setting the Auto Locking Features? triplecore RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) 2 07-02-08 06:24 PM


Tags
03, 2004, auto, automatic, disable, door, es300, function, gx470, lexus, lock, manual, reprogram, service, setting, settings, unlock

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:39 AM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved