GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

NEW member first post on 07 GX 470

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-15, 05:06 PM
memokc
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW member first post on 07 GX 470

Just bought my bosses wife's one owner loaded with EVERY option you can get but I can't find how to have the windows power fold in when I am pulling into my garage?? I have looked on line in my owners manual and it appears it does not have this feature?? This is insane, my BASE model 04 Escalade has power folding windows!! Someone please tell me I have just over looked something somewhere and that my new mint condition 07 GX470 has this feature. I LOVE the truck I and this puppy is loaded to the gills but if I have to pull the mirrors in manually every time I pull into my garage it's going to **** me off! Now that's real luxury, getting out in the rain to push your mirrors in to pull into your garage and pathetic that a base model Esclade 3 years older has the power fold in mirror feature. Any help would be appreciated and sorry to be so long winded, first post and just wanted to get my frustration accoss after searching through this novel of an owners manual. Thanks in advance and I guess PM me if there is a way to do this I am over looking.

Thanks!
Mark
Old 04-04-15, 05:18 PM
burny
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

No option for this. My wifes 07 GS350 has it but not our trucks. you must have a tight garage.
Old 04-04-15, 05:21 PM
LexRex
Pit Crew

Received 68 Likes on 43 Posts

Real luxury is having a garage big enough to park your vehicle without having to fold your mirrors!

Just kidding.

Nope, you didn't miss anything. That's not an option.
Old 04-04-15, 06:22 PM
memokc
Rookie

Originally Posted by LexRex
Real luxury is having a garage big enough to park your vehicle without having to fold your mirrors!

Just kidding.

Nope, you didn't miss anything. That's not an option.
Very funny, my house is 3000sq feet and my truck fits, it's just way more quicker to pull them in as I am coming up my drive way like I did in my 2004 Escalade and then just right on in the garage with a ton of room on both sides. I guess I just would have expected a 2007 Lexus to have had such a basic feature that my 3 year older model Eacalde has??Thanks for the replies Gents!
Old 04-05-15, 06:23 AM
LexRex
Pit Crew

Received 68 Likes on 43 Posts

I looked around for an aftermarket solution, but didn't see anything reasonable.

Hey, at least the GX is a lot narrower than the Caddy, right?
Old 04-05-15, 07:38 AM
memokc
Rookie

True LexRex, very true about the width of my Escalade and the Lexus. I guess it was just a feature I had for so long I had just grown fond of using. No worries and I wish you and you family a Happy Easter!
Old 04-06-15, 07:07 AM
techrep
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by memokc
Just bought my bosses wife's one owner loaded with EVERY option you can get but I can't find how to have the windows power fold in when I am pulling into my garage?? I have looked on line in my owners manual and it appears it does not have this feature?? This is insane, my BASE model 04 Escalade has power folding windows!! Someone please tell me I have just over looked something somewhere and that my new mint condition 07 GX470 has this feature. I LOVE the truck I and this puppy is loaded to the gills but if I have to pull the mirrors in manually every time I pull into my garage it's going to **** me off! Now that's real luxury, getting out in the rain to push your mirrors in to pull into your garage and pathetic that a base model Esclade 3 years older has the power fold in mirror feature. Any help would be appreciated and sorry to be so long winded, first post and just wanted to get my frustration accoss after searching through this novel of an owners manual. Thanks in advance and I guess PM me if there is a way to do this I am over looking.

Thanks!
Mark
You don't have to get out...roll down the window and pull them in...