GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

New to clublexus and need some help

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-15, 02:31 PM
freddiekd
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New to clublexus and need some help

I'm really excited to have a place to turn when there are probs with my 05 GX470., 120k miles
I've read several post on the engine light, "Christmas tree lights" coming on and have yet to solve my problem of the lights.
Haven't been to dealer yet because I'm hoping to get good info here.
I changed the gas cap and still the same problem after a hundred miles or so.
I'm not sure what some of the abbreviations mean such as MAF, ETC. I figured out that CEL is check engine but some others not sure about.
I'm fairly mech. Inclined and would like to repair the problem without taking to expensive dealer and I'm hoping you's guys could help.
The fault codes are as follows:P1442 sec. Air injection, P1442 Sec. Air injection(air) system switching valve No. 2 bank 1. P1445 sec. Air injection (air) system switching. P1445 mod sec air injection (air) system switching valve no. 2 bank2. C1203 ABS Engine control.
Sounds like lots of problems to occur at once soooo I was hoping with all you experienced smart individuals I might get some insight on where to go next.
Your help is greatly apprecematated. freddiekd
Old 01-06-15, 02:35 PM
burny
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

The secondary air injection pump buried down in the manifold. Might want to rebuild your starter while you are in there. I think Rockauto has a reasonably priced secondary air pump
Old 01-06-15, 02:37 PM
burny
Lexus Champion

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...r-problem.html
Old 01-06-15, 02:41 PM
burny
Lexus Champion

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...-air-pump.html
Old 01-06-15, 07:01 PM
kamlung
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

yep just bypass the secondary air injection... the kit is sold on ebay and the directions are in the links above... that will resolve your issue...
Old 01-06-15, 07:25 PM
Johnny Rad
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome. There's a number of super sharp GX experts that regularly post, so stay tuned.

Good luck! I suspect you'll be fine in short order.

(I'm just here for the ride.)
Old 01-07-15, 12:22 PM
burny
Lexus Champion

There is a Dorman pump through NAPA auto that is $110. I think it less than $80 on Amazon
Old 03-10-15, 12:20 PM
rsvedin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hi,

Jumping in on this old thread as I have the same issue on my 2005 GX470 with 105k miles on it. I am getting the p1442 and p1445 error codes when I hook up a bluetooth OBDII reader and use Torque on Android to get the codes.

I'm a bit confused, it looks like there are two things that can be done to fix the issue. Or maybe both things need to be done, to address both the codes?

1) Order bypass kit on eBay (not sure if I can post a link but appears to be about $155 with free shipping)
2) Order new Dorman 306-010 Electric Pump for about $85 + tax on Amazon.

Do I need to do both of those? Or what is the recommended approach?

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-11-15, 07:23 AM
chiph9
Pole Position

Received 728 Likes on 596 Posts

The bypass kit may allow you to pass emissions tests (not sure). But it will cause your vehicle to pollute more, and that's bad.

The Dorman pump is a near-OEM replacement for the expen$ive Lexus part - you just need to transfer over the wiring harness with it's connector from your old one.

Do one or the other, but not both.

The suggestion at the top of this thread to consider rebuilding the starter while you're in there is also a good one. Much like how you replace the water pump during a timing belt service - the labor to get to it is the expensive part.

Chip H.
Old 03-11-15, 09:24 AM
rsvedin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chiph9
The bypass kit may allow you to pass emissions tests (not sure). But it will cause your vehicle to pollute more, and that's bad.

The Dorman pump is a near-OEM replacement for the expen$ive Lexus part - you just need to transfer over the wiring harness with it's connector from your old one.

Do one or the other, but not both.

The suggestion at the top of this thread to consider rebuilding the starter while you're in there is also a good one. Much like how you replace the water pump during a timing belt service - the labor to get to it is the expensive part.

Chip H.
Thanks Chip! I appreciate your help. I guess I'll order the Dorman pump and swap that out. Cheers