GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

New 2009 GX470 Owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-14, 05:03 PM
burny
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I used to make that Winchester to Herndon run back in the day right through middleburg on Rt 50. We are at the Outer Banks quite a bit as well. If you are computer savvy, you will love this tech stream gadget with the mongoose cable.
Old 03-27-14, 05:06 PM
burny
Lexus Champion

Also, check out the upgraded armrest thread. If you travel a lot, the fatter inside armrest is a must have. That flimsy thing there now will make your elbow sore.
Old 03-27-14, 05:18 PM
burny
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by wkosmann
Yeah. I was down in Roanoke, Va., visiting my son, minding my own business, when we went to a local used car dealer. They had this gorgeous metalic blue GX470 on the lot, and I just fell in love with it on first sight. I was driving a black 2001 Landcruiser, with 245K miles on it. It was time to get newer, so we bought the Lexus. Original asking price was just under $40k. Final negotiated price was $36,800 + sales tax, licence, title. I feel like I shouldn't drive the Lexus until I sell the Landcruiser.

Is this it?
http://www.web2carz.com/110694085/20...e436a6a4e0a591
Old 03-27-14, 06:04 PM
wkosmann
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep. Excellent investigative work. You are my hero. If I ever grow up, I want to be just like you.
Old 03-27-14, 06:39 PM
RCsGX
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

FYI your GX has LoJack installed.
Old 03-27-14, 08:15 PM
wkosmann
Driver School Candidate

FYI your GX has LoJack installed.
Yes, I know. And that's another thing I am curious about. I have no information on the LoJack system, where it is located, how to turn it off or on, etc. Anyone got a clue (or a vowel)?
Old 03-27-14, 08:42 PM
RCsGX
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

You'll never know where it's at unless you tear apart your entire GX. My Dad had it installed on his s/c Vette and they wouldn't even let him watch or tell him where it was installed.

You have to contact LoJack to get it re-activated.
Old 03-28-14, 05:40 AM
ChiTownGX
Rookie

Yeah. I was down in Roanoke, Va., visiting my son, minding my own business, when we went to a local used car dealer. They had this gorgeous metalic blue GX470 on the lot, and I just fell in love with it on first sight. I was driving a black 2001 Landcruiser, with 245K miles on it. It was time to get newer, so we bought the Lexus. Original asking price was just under $40k. Final negotiated price was $36,800 + sales tax, licence, title. I feel like I shouldn't drive the Lexus until I sell the Landcruiser.
Personally, I think that is the best color. I originally wanted that blue when I bought my 2005 GX, but ended up with white, which is nice too. The low mileage ones go fast. The same week I missd yours, I missed another white one with 12K on it. For that mileage, I would say you got a pretty fair deal. Oh well, the search goes on. Thanks for the pricing information.
Old 03-28-14, 06:26 AM
burny
Lexus Champion

Techstream thread

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ol-ever-6.html
Old 03-28-14, 10:09 AM
ZiaMan
Driver School Candidate

Anyone have any insight into the solution of this?
You cannot stream music via bluetooth on the GX. Since you have a 2009, you should have the Aux input that you can wire from your phone to the input. However, you can setup your phone to use the bluetooth for voice calls. If you are playing music, the bluetooth will override it. You have to pair your phone to the nav unit.
Old 03-30-14, 02:24 PM
wkosmann
Driver School Candidate

You'll never know where it's at unless you tear apart your entire GX. My Dad had it installed on his s/c Vette and they wouldn't even let him watch or tell him where it was installed.

You have to contact LoJack to get it re-activated.

Read more: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...#ixzz2xU0HAiAX
So I called LoJack yesterday, and found out lots of stuff. As soon as I get my permanent registration, and mail them a copy (along with some other stuff), I'll be good to go. I'm already getting a LoJack discount on my USAA auto insurance premiums. None of the LoJack material made the transition to me. But LoJack will send me a completely new set of stuff (owner's manual, wallet card, etc. Best part is that there is no yearly fee to me. The only cost is the original installation cost, which the previous owner paid. Good deal!!!

Last edited by wkosmann; 04-15-14 at 06:41 AM.
Old 03-30-14, 02:36 PM
wkosmann
Driver School Candidate

I have read all the Techstream threads that have been posted in my thread, as well as any Techstream threads mentioned (or linked) in the Techstream threads posted in my thread. I've also ordered the latest version of the Mini Vic cable (with the newest version of Techstream)

http://www.uobd2.net/wholesale/mini-...able-2442.html

I have several Windows XP laptops that I keep about because I have software that doesn't run on any newer OS. So, I shouldn't have any trouble installing the cable device drivers, or Techstream software. I can't wait to start checking things out, changing settings, etc. It's gonna be just like Christmas all over again in April.
Old 03-30-14, 02:47 PM
wkosmann
Driver School Candidate

You cannot stream music via bluetooth on the GX. Since you have a 2009, you should have the Aux input that you can wire from your phone to the input. However, you can setup your phone to use the bluetooth for voice calls. If you are playing music, the bluetooth will override it. You have to pair your phone to the nav unit.
Where is this Aux input you speak of located? Is that the one that is on the Center Console, just underneath the A/V and Navigation complex?

Also, I've read conflicting information on whether my CD changer can play DVDs. Some places in the literature say yes, as long as the car in not moving. My changer has a DVD symbol on it, indicating that it plays DVDs. I tried to play a DVD, could not get an image to show up on the NAV screen. My GX470 does not have the rear DVD entertainment system. Does anyone know the answer to this?
Old 03-30-14, 02:47 PM
burny
Lexus Champion

man keep me updated on any cool finds on it. I just cut off DRL's and programmed a key
Old 03-30-14, 03:14 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

Originally Posted by burny
man keep me updated on any cool finds on it. I just cut off DRL's and programmed a key
When you change the setting to shut off the DLR's, does that shut them off regardless of the what position the lights are set to on the steering column stalk? Or does it just keep them off when the stalk is in the "off" position but let them stay on when the stalk is in the "auto" position?

Quick Reply: New 2009 GX470 Owner