GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Value of 2007 gx470 (or, how to valuate?)

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-14, 08:56 AM
JAH216
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Value of 2007 gx470 (or, how to valuate?)

Hello, was wondering best way to valuate our trucks. I know there are mixed reviews of Kelley and Edmunds etc so I usually just go to autotrader and enter in what I am looking for and then make the search "nationwide" as that gives best range. Anyone have a better idea? What is a 2007 w/all options (except KDDS) worth ? (95K miles, 12 month old michelins, all maintenance including belt/water pump, brakes, diffs, etc).

Thanks

Joe

..BTW, I have been on here a long time but for some reason Iost my ability to post or comment on posts hence I register as new? I don't think I did anything wrong??? I could not figure out how to rectify that nor contact moderator? What am I missing?
Old 01-14-14, 08:06 PM
YoshiMan
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts

Every time I've sold a car, I've just done the nationwide search and based it off that. I price them slightly lower just to make it stand out better than the other listings, and never had an issue with moving them quickly.
Old 01-15-14, 12:14 PM
470reasons
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

...2007 w/all options (except KDDS) worth ? (95K miles, 12 month old michelins, all maintenance including belt/water pump, brakes, diffs, etc).
Looks like you signed up just to sell a GX. LOL!
Anyone take the bait?
Old 01-15-14, 02:09 PM
JAH216
Driver School Candidate

no funny guy, I didn't. You have to read the whole post, not just first sentence.

Been here almost 4 years but somehow lost ability to post and comment. Additionally, I am not selling, I need to determine what it's worth. (else I would have put in sales forum)

Thanks YoshiMan, I think the nationwide sales give the best FMV idea. The auction values would be good too but I don't know how to get them without being a dealer or at least having license.

Joe

(formerly JAH1)
Old 01-15-14, 02:45 PM
470reasons
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by JAH216
no funny guy, I didn't. You have to read the whole post, not just first sentence.

Been here almost 4 years but somehow lost ability to post and comment. Additionally, I am not selling, I need to determine what it's worth. (else I would have put in sales forum)

Thanks YoshiMan, I think the nationwide sales give the best FMV idea. The auction values would be good too but I don't know how to get them without being a dealer or at least having license.

Joe

(formerly JAH1)
O.K. Joe. But there IS circumstantial evidence to support my theory. I have seen this same tactic used on other forums. No charges will be filed and I withdraw my accusation!

I've found that cars.com gives more national search results for our vehicles. Cars.com charges dealers less to list a vehicle. Throw out the highest priced 20% and the lowest priced 20% and somewhere in the middle is the asking price. Your car sounds like it's in great shape, so that should bump up the price a bit too. Welcome back!
Old 01-15-14, 07:13 PM
Johnny Rad
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

PM me if you're selling, please.
Old 01-15-14, 07:55 PM
JAH29
Driver School Candidate

...mystery solved... I was using wrong user name. Whoops. Must have registered JAH1 at some point.

Thanks for input. I'm trying to figure out FMV v. balance owed. Bought it cpo almost 4 years ago but can't remember what I paid, I think it was 33k or so. I have window sticker and it was close to 60K new so that is a big depreciation in 3 years (60 down to 33). I looked at autotrader and saw that some, even with 90-100K miles are still going for $25K or so....that's amazing. First owner takes a big hit compared to long life of these things.

Johnny, wasn't planning on selling but daughter, who stood to inherit it next year when she turns 16, said she "doesn't want to drive a mom car". Kids are insane, maybe I'll get her an old caravan instead. How is snow in Utah...maybe we can work something out!

Joe (formerly JAH1 and very briefly JAH216)
Old 01-16-14, 02:44 AM
ALAN553
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 144 Posts

Joe

(formerly JAH1)
Galves.com is the place many dealers and auctions use.
Old 01-17-14, 02:16 PM
GX470Fan
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello, was wondering best way to valuate our trucks. I know there are mixed reviews of Kelley and Edmunds etc so I usually just go to autotrader and enter in what I am looking for and then make the search "nationwide" as that gives best range. Anyone have a better idea? What is a 2007 w/all options (except KDDS) worth ? (95K miles, 12 month old michelins, all maintenance including belt/water pump, brakes, diffs, etc).

Thanks

Joe

..BTW, I have been on here a long time but for some reason Iost my ability to post or comment on posts hence I register as new? I don't think I did anything wrong??? I could not figure out how to rectify that nor contact moderator? What am I missing?
I have some info that might be useful to you. About 3 months ago I bought a one owner, nearly perfect '07 GX 470. It had about 89k miles on it and was loaded: Sports Package (that includes the KDSS), Nav Package, Mark Levinson Sound Package, full Factory tint all around, full Tow Package and Third Row seats and air Package. The only options that it doesn't have is the LexusLink and the Rear Entertainment Package (I would've liked the LexusLink, but didn't want the Rear Entertainment Package anyway). It had a great set of brand new Cooper tires on it, full inspection done, all brake pads replaced, all filters replaced and a (almost) new Lexus battery installed. I found it at a Lexus Dealership here in Colorado and initially they were asking almost 27k for it. After MUCH research, I knew that was WAY too high. I did all of my negotiations over the phone and emails, taking well over two weeks. Since I was financing the GX, I absolutely wanted/needed "GAP" coverage, which was almost an extra $500, but it's WELL worth having just in case of a total loss, IMO. I eventually got them down to $24,900 including the "GAP" coverage. Compared to all of my previous research, I felt it was a VERY fair price. When washed and waxed, it looks nearly brand new. I should also mention that when purchased new, it had a full clear bra installed on it, including the side view mirrors, which had/has kept chip damage to almost nothing. I had always had that installed on my bought new BMW's and I highly recommend having one installed on, well, any vehicle. I hope this info helps you in your search for the perfect GX. Now that I have one, I will never drive another brand or model again. I plan on driving my "new" GX for many years to come. As an aside, I do a LOT of off-roading, mostly in Moab, Utah, and my GX is even MUCH more capable than my previous 4Runner Limited, which is saying a lot. Shoot me anymore questions if you wish. I'd be more than happy to help you in your search. My two cents.
Old 01-17-14, 06:21 PM
roemer7
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's my buying experience if it helps.

Last month I bought a one owner black 2006 GX with rear entertainment and ML sound, 99k miles with timing belt service already done. It came with four remote keys, brand new tires, battery and nearly new Lexus all-weather floor mats. Both manifolds were reportedly replaced at 95k. It had been serviced at the local Lexus dealer every 5k and super clean. I paid $18,900. I had to replace one seat belt that was ripped and the DVD remote control.
Old 01-18-14, 11:52 AM
JAH29
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for all the help fellas, great to get real world numbers. Amazing how these hold their value. I too have 3rd row seats. They are GREAT when kids have teammates/friends etc coming and going places and though it is PITA to remove and store them in garage it's worth it....that back space is enormous when they are out.

Thanks again.