GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Value of 04 gx?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-13, 09:18 PM
slvrboolet
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Value of 04 gx?

Been thinking about a gx. I own 2 is300 one is stock the other is boosted lots of mods. I found what looks to be a nice one at a local small dealer I looked up the car on Lexus with the vin and found it in dec it had lots of service done including the 90k boots, etc.
it has 88k service was all done at 85 and apparently sold or traded shortly after why spend all that $ then trade or sell make no sense at all but it's on the history. Its blue has navi and ml rear camera ?but the 3rd seat is missing which I want. It does have the mounts for it. They have a "no haggle" (wtvr) price of 16.5 I of course wants to offer less it is 8-9yrs old but what's a fair offer? There are tons for sale some less $ some about the same with the 3rd but this one has the most thorough and up to date service I have seen.
Old 03-14-13, 08:47 AM
slvrboolet
Lexus Champion

Any opinions good deal rip off etc? I know what kbb and the like say but current market value is something as well with gas prices being high I doubt they are a fast mover.
Old 03-14-13, 10:08 AM
BFX
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Edmunds dealer retail is about 16.2 and Edmunds is regarded as consumer friendly, so I would say the price is reasonable. But I think you can get it down to around 15 - 15.5. If the timing belt and water pump have been replaced, you are not likely to incur big repair expense in the near future.
Old 03-14-13, 10:51 AM
slvrboolet
Lexus Champion

Forgot about edmunds. I emailed him about the 3rd row
And he was able to get ahold of the prev owners who still had it and they'll drop them off lol. That's pretty cool. Now just need to decide what to do lol.
Old 03-14-13, 05:00 PM
LVLEXUS
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting.....just today I saw a 04 gx470 with 93K on it.....THIS IS WHAT I LEARNED.....
yes 90k service was done ....tb, wp, thermo, power steering, brake flush, the ace was a brand new ML AMP installed by dealer, transfer case done under the TSB....new tires, 3rd row....unit is clean inside and out, garaged, clear bra....the couple was asking 18K for it....wonder if I should jump on it? Thank you...looking forward to the responses. Plus they have all the original dealer invoices as well for hard proof.
Old 03-14-13, 06:53 PM
BFX
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LVLEXUS
Interesting.....just today I saw a 04 gx470 with 93K on it.....THIS IS WHAT I LEARNED.....
yes 90k service was done ....tb, wp, thermo, power steering, brake flush, the ace was a brand new ML AMP installed by dealer, transfer case done under the TSB....new tires, 3rd row....unit is clean inside and out, garaged, clear bra....the couple was asking 18K for it....wonder if I should jump on it? Thank you...looking forward to the responses. Plus they have all the original dealer invoices as well for hard proof.
It looks to be a reasonable asking price based on the options and condition of the truck. I like to use eBay listings as a gauge, so there are 5 2004 GX with about 90K listed, price ranges from 15.6 to 18K. Maybe you can knock 500 to 1K off the price, how was the test drive?
Old 03-14-13, 07:08 PM
BFX
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by slvrboolet
Any opinions good deal rip off etc? I know what kbb and the like say but current market value is something as well with gas prices being high I doubt they are a fast mover.
The newer MY especially 08 and 09 does move pretty fast here in Dallas. About a month ago there was a fully loaded 2008 white GX with 59K CPO offered by Lexu dealer for 38K, it was sold within days.
Old 03-15-13, 08:08 AM
bauer26
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LVLEXUS
Thats extremely reasonable, you could try and haggle a little bit but honestly I would go for it at 18k.... we paid a little over 17 and it was no where near to what you got there. Then again we bought in the Dallas market and GXs that came up for sale were off the market in days.
Old 03-15-13, 10:17 AM
slvrboolet
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bauer26
Thats extremely reasonable, you could try and haggle a little bit but honestly I would go for it at 18k.... we paid a little over 17 and it was no where near to what you got there. Then again we bought in the Dallas market and GXs that came up for sale were off the market in days.
What's a good way to check the air suspension when checking these out?
Old 03-15-13, 10:52 AM
bauer26
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Test drive, if the truck is bumpy and generally rides like crap or if it is bottoming out then you know there is a problem. As for the compressor when you turn the truck off and get out listen for excessive noise coming from rear driver side, some noise is expected but should quick.

Here are a couple threads on the air suspension system problems.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...-problems.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...oming-out.html

Some people around here have opted for taking out the air bags and replacing with traditional coils

Thread about switching out the bags for coils - https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...uspension.html

Last edited by bauer26; 03-15-13 at 11:04 AM.
Old 03-15-13, 05:34 PM
slvrboolet
Lexus Champion

Test drove it today pretty nice everything seemed to work like it should except the power mirrors one mode slowed l/r the other wouldn't move l/r at all so that's weird. They also said they really dont budge on price might could come off 500 or so but thats probably it so that could be a deal breaker. Any idea what the flashing orange light means ?
Old 03-15-13, 05:53 PM
BFX
Driver School Candidate

It looks like the tire pressure warning light, make sure all tires including spare tire are inflated properly.
Old 03-15-13, 06:45 PM
slvrboolet
Lexus Champion

Ahh ok thnx no idea what half those lights and buttons are for. Only neg is the power mirrors not working right and the fact they won't come off the price that much. Decisions decisions
Old 03-15-13, 07:17 PM
BFX
Driver School Candidate

Maybe the mirroe motor is bad, found a recent DIY link...
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...-up-picts.html
Old 03-16-13, 03:52 AM
ALAN553
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by BFX
Maybe the mirroe motor is bad, found a recent DIY link...
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...-up-picts.html
That's it, about 100 bucks per actuator, 5 min fix for a DIY-er

Quick Reply: Value of 04 gx?