GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

My new GX

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-14, 10:55 PM
RCsGX
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ST2Alpha
Never been a big fan of "White", but that Blizzard White is sharp/

Alpha
Me either but keeping a black or dark vehicle clean isn't fun. The Blizzard Pearl stays clean looking a month without a wash. I would wash my black vehicles and go for a ride and come back and it had a light film of dust already showing.
Old 07-24-14, 06:45 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by RCsGX
Me either but keeping a black or dark vehicle clean isn't fun. The Blizzard Pearl stays clean looking a month without a wash. I would wash my black vehicles and go for a ride and come back and it had a light film of dust already showing.
You can say that again a black car is not a color its an occupation [ wash it daily ] I have a 2005 sc430 pebble beach and its tough to keep it clean. I also have the gx470 in blizzard pearl and its a pleasure always looks cleaN
Old 07-24-14, 10:32 AM
RCsGX
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mrblister
You can say that again a black car is not a color its an occupation [ wash it daily ] I have a 2005 sc430 pebble beach and its tough to keep it clean. I also have the gx470 in blizzard pearl and its a pleasure always looks cleaN
And a nice SC at that!
Old 07-25-14, 09:56 AM
470SNC
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

dude love the build man, thank you for all the documentation, great work!
Old 10-09-14, 06:44 AM
REDTAIL27
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the interior color wish mine was like that
Old 03-29-16, 08:45 PM
RCsGX
Lexus Champion

Well guys / gals I sold my GX. Bitter sweet to say the least. It had 15x,xxx miles on it and was still rolling strong. I gave her a fresh oil change and replaced the cabin filter before selling. I hope the new owner enjoys it as much as I did. It was time to make a change, the GX was just too small inside for our needs.

I ended up buying a low mile (6x,xxx) '08 Sequoia Limited 4wd.1 owner / great shape, all service records from Toyota. The Sequoia is HUGE inside and is just as quiet as the GX was. It has so many storage spots it's insane and it has a huge comfy armrest console (thats one thing I couldnt stand about the GX was the drivers / passengers tiny captain chair armrests) and last time I counted 16 cupholders The 5.7 is a beast and so much more fun to drive. Even though its a heavier SUV it still handles great and has the same tight turn radius as the GX. I was surprised at how easy it is to drive.

I have no plans on lifting, just enjoying the stock ride. I swapped my Nitto Terra Grapplers G2 over to the Sequoia but I'm going to upgrade to new tires in the next week or two. They looked huge on the GX but look too skimpy on this big beast. I found a few threads where guys were able to put 33" and 34" on stock suspensions.

Anyway I've meet some great people here and have learned a lot. Who knows, maybe one day I'll be back in a LX...until then
Old 03-30-16, 01:48 PM
shyguyF
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats on the new ride man ! The BFD wheels went with the truck as you sold it ? Do you mind telling me what kind of center caps did you get when you had BFD wheels with the truck? I have bought a set of BFD off on online without the caps so I need your help. Thanks RC!
Old 03-30-16, 03:41 PM
RCsGX
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by shyguyF
Congrats on the new ride man ! The BFD wheels went with the truck as you sold it ? Do you mind telling me what kind of center caps did you get when you had BFD wheels with the truck? I have bought a set of BFD off on online without the caps so I need your help. Thanks RC!
Thanks. Yeah the GX wheels are 6 lug, the new Sequoia is 5 lug, so I just swapped over the new NTG G2 tires.

I didn't use any center caps but I still have mine if you want them. Never used. I only removed one from the wrapper and it has some tiny scuffs from being in the garage. If it bothers you, you can always repaint them all to match whatever color.

$10.00 will cover shipping. If you want them just shoot me a PM and I'll send you my Paypal email address.

Last edited by RCsGX; 03-30-16 at 04:01 PM.
Old 03-30-16, 03:59 PM
RCsGX
Lexus Champion

I found one more thing in the garage if anyone's interested. It's a custom made ARB compressor mount. I never got around to using it. It's brand new....$50 shipped.

To see how it mounts see the link below;
http://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/arb-...runner.572981/

Old 03-30-16, 04:35 PM
Matsui
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You've been away from the forum for so a while so I thought you had switched to something else a long time ago. Good luck with the new Sequoia - excellent choice Post some pictures of it if you can.
Old 03-30-16, 09:38 PM
RCsGX
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by shyguyF
The center caps are headed your way. I PM'ed you the tracking info. Enjoy!!

Originally Posted by Matsui
You've been away from the forum for so a while so I thought you had switched to something else a long time ago. Good luck with the new Sequoia - excellent choice Post some pictures of it if you can.
No, I just took a break for awhile.

The Sequoia is at the dealer getting detailed. I'll have some pictures soon though. I already ordered a color matched grill from Toyota, now to find some nice 20s that look stock'ish. This time I'm keeping everything stock, no lifting or A/T tires. I'm aiming for a smooth, quiet ride.
Old 03-31-16, 07:35 PM
RCsGX
Lexus Champion

Found the RSES remote. I bought it from Sewell maybe 2yrs. ago. Never used it, like new condition.
$50 shipped, cheapest anywhere! Get it while you can.

Part number shown below;
Old 03-31-16, 08:30 PM
GXallday
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great choice RCsGX. I was one of the people advising to get a sequoia when you asking for advise. Please post some pics when you can. I love those trucks.
Old 04-01-16, 08:51 AM
IanB2
Pole Position

Received 520 Likes on 433 Posts

Congrats on the new purchase, in for pics of the new rig!
Old 12-11-16, 08:49 PM
gxman1
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Hello Rc,

In case you see this post. Its been a while, we communicated well few years back. I knew you were going to sell it. I came here to look up something regarding front and rear shocks and saw your post.

Best of luck to you, you have been very helpful and supportive. Thank you for everything.

Originally Posted by RCsGX
Well guys / gals I sold my GX. Bitter sweet to say the least. It had 15x,xxx miles on it and was still rolling strong. I gave her a fresh oil change and replaced the cabin filter before selling. I hope the new owner enjoys it as much as I did. It was time to make a change, the GX was just too small inside for our needs.

I ended up buying a low mile (6x,xxx) '08 Sequoia Limited 4wd.1 owner / great shape, all service records from Toyota. The Sequoia is HUGE inside and is just as quiet as the GX was. It has so many storage spots it's insane and it has a huge comfy armrest console (thats one thing I couldnt stand about the GX was the drivers / passengers tiny captain chair armrests) and last time I counted 16 cupholders The 5.7 is a beast and so much more fun to drive. Even though its a heavier SUV it still handles great and has the same tight turn radius as the GX. I was surprised at how easy it is to drive.

I have no plans on lifting, just enjoying the stock ride. I swapped my Nitto Terra Grapplers G2 over to the Sequoia but I'm going to upgrade to new tires in the next week or two. They looked huge on the GX but look too skimpy on this big beast. I found a few threads where guys were able to put 33" and 34" on stock suspensions.

Anyway I've meet some great people here and have learned a lot. Who knows, maybe one day I'll be back in a LX...until then