GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

What did you do to your GX TODAY?

Old 10-29-13, 07:21 AM
Crispy3M
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by johnny rad
here's what i say to my future 90k mi service: Suck it!
I love it... LOL!!!
Old 11-20-13, 09:04 AM
GX470Fan
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recently bought an '07 GX with about 85k miles on it in literally perfect condition. Paid less than $24k for it from a Lexus Dealership, which was a great price. One, meticulous, owner, the Dealership did the timing belt, water pump replacement, replaced all filters AND put a new set of tires on it prior to my purchasing it. Smoking deal. Today I put in a full set of dark grey (to match the dark interior of my Sports Package model) Weather-Tech mats and cargo liner. I also just purchased a dashboard cover in this new "high tech" material to protect the dash from cracking (a common affliction I've read about in this Forum). The dash cover kind of looks like carbon fiber, but it's not. It's a "high tech" plastic material that has a very cool pattern to it. It was custom ordered to match all the sensors and defogger on the dash of the GX. I'm very happy with both additions to my baby. My GX has ALL the bells and whistles with the exception of the rear seat entertainment system. Sports Package, clear bra all around, factory tint all around, chrome exhaust tip, Navigation Package, ML Sound System, third row seating and air, the works. The only thing that doesn't work is the background light on the drivers side heated seat switch, but I'm not going to bother with that. Love my new ride!
Old 11-20-13, 09:15 AM
gxman1
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

light issue is a quick fix, see this thread and ask RC, he is highly knowledgeable.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...6016-leds.html

Originally Posted by GX470Fan
I recently bought an '07 GX with about 85k miles on it in literally perfect condition. Paid less than $24k for it from a Lexus Dealership, which was a great price. One, meticulous, owner, the Dealership did the timing belt, water pump replacement, replaced all filters AND put a new set of tires on it prior to my purchasing it. Smoking deal. Today I put in a full set of dark grey (to match the dark interior of my Sports Package model) Weather-Tech mats and cargo liner. I also just purchased a dashboard cover in this new "high tech" material to protect the dash from cracking (a common affliction I've read about in this Forum). The dash cover kind of looks like carbon fiber, but it's not. It's a "high tech" plastic material that has a very cool pattern to it. It was custom ordered to match all the sensors and defogger on the dash of the GX. I'm very happy with both additions to my baby. My GX has ALL the bells and whistles with the exception of the rear seat entertainment system. Sports Package, clear bra all around, factory tint all around, chrome exhaust tip, Navigation Package, ML Sound System, third row seating and air, the works. The only thing that doesn't work is the background light on the drivers side heated seat switch, but I'm not going to bother with that. Love my new ride!
Old 11-20-13, 10:12 AM
RCsGX
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by GX470Fan
Originally Posted by gxman1
light issue is a quick fix, see this thread and ask RC, he is highly knowledgeable.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...6016-leds.html
Like GXMAN said it's an easy fix. You can't be driving your new '07 Sport w/ all the bells and whistles with a burnt out bulb.

Here's a how-to. You can use LEDs or pay around $5 for the same filament bulb from Toyota / Lexus.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...placement.html

And when you have time please post up some pictures of your dash cover. I'm sure members here w/ a cracked dash would love to see pics of it. It sounds cool. I for one hate those carpet looking dash covers.
Old 11-20-13, 10:50 AM
GX470Fan
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by RCsGX
Like GXMAN said it's an easy fix. You can't be driving your new '07 Sport w/ all the bells and whistles with a burnt out bulb.

Here's a how-to. You can use LEDs or pay around $5 for the same filament bulb from Toyota / Lexus.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...placement.html

And when you have time please post up some pictures of your dash cover. I'm sure members here w/ a cracked dash would love to see pics of it. It sounds cool. I for one hate those carpet looking dash covers.
Lol, ok I will look into getting that (admittingly annoying) light replaced, thanks! Also, I will gladly post pics of my new cover, however, I don't know how to do that. If you'd give me some pointers, that would be great. It is a pretty cool alternative to the "carpet" covers, I think. One other thing, I would like to have the details of my "rare" fully loaded, Sport package plus GX appear below my posts, but I don't know how to make that happen, either. Any help with that would be greatly appreciated. I've owned many high-performance BMW's and some Mercedes over the years. However, this GX smokes them all in every category. The pure luxury of it is amazing. I look forward to driving it everyday, everywhere. I do a fair amount of serious off-roading (mostly in Moab, UT) and I cannot wait to put my "Silver Bullet" through its paces. My old 4Runner Limited was VERY capable off-road, but from what I've read in this Forum and elsewhere, I can tell my GX is even MORE capable, especially with the KDSS on it. Thanks in advance!
Old 11-24-13, 08:09 PM
RCsGX
Lexus Champion

Just enjoyed the nice cool day. Wish it stayed like this!!

Old 11-24-13, 10:02 PM
Crispy3M
Driver

Looks like a dent in that fender
Old 11-25-13, 12:05 AM
RCsGX
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Crispy3M
Looks like a dent in that fender
Bumper not fender. You sure do know how to kick a guy when he's down!!

I didn't get a chance to try and get it out w/ the heat gun, too much stuff was going on this weekend. Hopefully next but it's Thanksgiving weekend so I doubt it.
Old 11-25-13, 08:07 AM
gxman1
Pole Position

I am confused here

I see you have a hitch and I am sure it is rated for 6500LB, you think you can tow the fighter jet with your GX?

I am sure Crispy is playing with you, I cant see any dent form the picture, I am still ticked of these AH who hit and leave. I was in a car waiting for someone, and I noticed a flatbed truck, he backs out and his long hitch hits another car rear bumper and it was pretty hard hit, he quickly drives off, I see the damage and yell at the guy to stop he took off, waited till the owner showed up and told him all about it, he was very thankful.
Old 11-25-13, 08:54 AM
redrocks
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am confused here

I see you have a hitch and I am sure it is rated for 6500LB, you think you can tow the fighter jet with your GX?
Given that the jet is now just a "shell", a GX could tow it!

Looks like he's tempting someone to hit him from behind with that extended hitch.
Old 11-25-13, 08:57 AM
tz693
Intermediate

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

Looks like your rear end is a bit lower. Is it just an angle of the view?
Old 11-25-13, 10:01 AM
gxman1
Pole Position

RC is a perfectionist and I seriously doubt his GX rear end is low, it is terrain.
Old 11-25-13, 10:10 AM
redrocks
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

RC is a perfectionist and I seriously doubt his GX rear end is low, it is terrain.
Definitely the terrain.
Old 11-25-13, 12:10 PM
RCsGX
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by redrocks

Looks like he's tempting someone to hit him from behind with that extended hitch.
I am.

Originally Posted by tz693
Looks like your rear end is a bit lower. Is it just an angle of the view?
gxman1 and redrocks are right, it's the terrain. I'm on a little hill or deep dip, whatever you want to call it. There 4 deep dips right in front of the plane. The gap on the passenger side rear is very tall. Here's 2 pics to show what I mean that I took at a park a few weeks back.

Old 11-25-13, 03:50 PM
Crispy3M
Driver

am sure Crispy is playing with you, I cant see any dent form the picture, I am still ticked of these AH who hit and leave.
Yes, all in good fun... Better to laugh about it if you can

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to your GX TODAY?