GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Chrome wheel exchange sellers on ebay.

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-11, 08:23 AM
Vinniety
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Chrome wheel exchange sellers on ebay.

I was able to pick up four stock gx470 rims and i want to get them chromed. The current chrome ones on the truck are shot. Has anyone used the companies on ebay that have the chrome wheel exchange?
Old 05-16-11, 05:42 PM
NYGX470
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why dont you try the one out in LI?, wheels of America? I think its out by farmingdale....look it up, its been years since my brother and i used them and they did excellent work.
Old 05-17-11, 10:06 AM
NYGX470
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, just found out from my bro, its wheels america, you can stop by and check out their work and tell them exactly how you want it. that way they dont take short cut on chroming the wheels. why pay for the shipping both way when youre in NY and you can inspect it as you pick it up.
Old 05-19-11, 08:20 PM
ROSCOGX470
Instructor

Received 99 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Vinniety
I was able to pick up four stock gx470 rims and i want to get them chromed. The current chrome ones on the truck are shot. Has anyone used the companies on ebay that have the chrome wheel exchange?
I bought 4 Sequoia 17" chrome wheels that look very similar to the GX wheels( 5 split star)from Ebay used in relly good condition for $440 delivered. You can see them in my avatar. My point is sometimes you can hit it right and find a good deal on ebay or craigslist, that way you have an extra set for the brutal northeast winters. I left mine on a little to long and got a few pits in between the spokes. I can imagine driving the entire winter would do to chrome wheels. Also take a look at PVD chrome wheels. They are the only chrome wheels with a clearcoat that have a warranty against peeling/pitting.
Old 06-14-11, 04:14 AM
Australian
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

I noticed the word Chromed. Do not think your getting chromed wheels when your buying Chrome painted wheels. Did you know there is no such thing as Shadow chromed? Shadow chrome is a paint used by BMW etc but it is not an electroplated chrome. I would prepare my own wheels and chrome paint them rather than pay for the service.
Old 06-14-11, 04:45 AM
Vinniety
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Australian
I noticed the word Chromed. Do not think your getting chromed wheels when your buying Chrome painted wheels. Did you know there is no such thing as Shadow chromed? Shadow chrome is a paint used by BMW etc but it is not an electroplated chrome. I would prepare my own wheels and chrome paint them rather than pay for the service.
I have NO idea what the hell your talking about. Look at what i posted in my thread and tell me where i said chrome PAINTED wheels. Im looking for chrome plated wheels.
Seriously paint chrome....really....i have seen it and in no way will it come out the same.

What ever!
Old 06-16-11, 07:15 PM
ROSCOGX470
Instructor

Received 99 Likes on 71 Posts

I have NO idea what the hell your talking about. Look at what i posted in my thread and tell me where i said chrome PAINTED wheels. Im looking for chrome plated wheels.
Seriously paint chrome....really....i have seen it and in no way will it come out the same.

What ever!
I thought it was me. Where did shadow chrome get introduced to the post? Anyways if you go through Ebay use the PVD chrome especially because your from the northeast. It has the only warranty on peeling and is clearcoated.