GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Help for Nav screen

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-11, 11:59 AM
tz693
Intermediate

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Help for Nav screen

I am new in the club. I only own my 04 GX less than two monthes. It is a great car I ever have and I really enjoy the ride on it. Recently I am reading all the past threads in this forum and trying to get much familiar to my truck.

Today, I was playing with the Nav screen Override that was posted in other thread. It was all my bad! For some reasons, I don't quite remember what steps I have entered, I ended up with massing up with the Nav system. The car now only displays the following screen after turning the key on.

The MAP, DESTand MENU buttons do not reponse. The DISPLAY, INFO, AUDIO and CLIMATE buttons seem to response correctly. I also tried to eject and insert the Nav DVD a couple times. It didn't help.

Does anyone here know what's wrong and how to reset the system? Your help will be greatly appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails Help for Nav screen-gx470.jpg  

Last edited by tz693; 03-27-11 at 01:01 PM.
Old 03-27-11, 04:04 PM
wokraku
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Consult your dealership; they should be able to reset it for free. Hope this helps...
Old 03-29-11, 06:22 PM
tz693
Intermediate

After two day's hard work. I finally fixed the problem by following the steps that RXCHICAGO posted on this thread http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums...ic=29621&st=30.

Do not ever mess up the Load Country key when playing with the Override menu!

Last edited by tz693; 03-29-11 at 07:29 PM.
Old 03-29-11, 06:59 PM
Johnny Rad
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats! I remember reading that it's a fatal move when you get that screen - good to hear that's not the case.
Old 03-30-11, 09:40 PM
nbeihl
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had your same problem...

I went to the dealer (Lexus of Mobile) and they wanted to replace my ECU at a cost of over $800.

Here is the 1.5 hour fix.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...-pictures.html

Scroll down to the pictures that I posted of the screen you are getting follow those instructions.

If you have any questions, post on this thread and I will reply.
Old 03-31-11, 06:15 AM
tz693
Intermediate

Originally Posted by nbeihl
I had your same problem...

I went to the dealer (Lexus of Mobile) and they wanted to replace my ECU at a cost of over $800.

Here is the 1.5 hour fix.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...-pictures.html

Scroll down to the pictures that I posted of the screen you are getting follow those instructions.

If you have any questions, post on this thread and I will reply.
nbeihl,
Just for curiosity. You fixed it the problem by just disconnecting the battery? Actualy in my case, that was my first try. I tried it several times ( I am an electrical guys. It is not hard for me to do that). It still showed the same screen. I ended up putting in a upgraded version V7.1 DVD. The nav system then prerformed system upgrade and back to english menu. I have exact same ECU as in your picture. I don't know why they behaved differently.
Old 04-03-11, 08:35 AM
Naeel
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If such screen appears on GX 2005, it means - no more loader on the system
(maybe after battery disconnecting)

It is necessary to use you ORIGINAL navi disk
Old 04-04-11, 06:06 AM
nbeihl
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tz693
nbeihl,
Just for curiosity. You fixed it the problem by just disconnecting the battery? Actualy in my case, that was my first try. I tried it several times ( I am an electrical guys. It is not hard for me to do that). It still showed the same screen. I ended up putting in a upgraded version V7.1 DVD. The nav system then prerformed system upgrade and back to english menu. I have exact same ECU as in your picture. I don't know why they behaved differently.
I am sure there is more than one way to skin a cat. I did have an updated disk that I tried using, and I could not get it to work that way on my car. Using the updated disk would be much easier than pulling out the seat and the ECU.

If you have this problem and you have access to an update disk, I would try that.

I know that once I drained the battery to the system, I accidently put the update disk in and it did not work there either. It wanted the disk that was already loaded on the system. After it booted, then I updated the system.