GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

GX470 and Wheel Spacers

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-10, 12:56 PM
BLUEGXLVCR
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GX470 and Wheel Spacers

Coming over from a 4runner I was thinking about adding some wheel spacers to get those rims out a little. Has anyone does this and do they have pictures? I used All-Pro spacers before so wondering if I can do it again?
Old 12-23-10, 01:24 PM
charlie@jd
Pole Position

^^ just do it... i have but i don't have any pics at the moment.
Old 12-23-10, 05:20 PM
BLUEGXLVCR
Driver

Originally Posted by charlie@jd
^^ just do it... i have but i don't have any pics at the moment.
Perfect, what size and brand are you running? Spidertrax?
Old 12-29-10, 11:12 AM
SmittysGX
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would like to see some pics if there are any out there. I currently have 22s on the GX and like where they sit. Once I sell them and put the stockers back on I would like to space them out a touch....
Old 12-29-10, 12:50 PM
BLUEGXLVCR
Driver

Originally Posted by SmittysGX
I would like to see some pics if there are any out there. I currently have 22s on the GX and like where they sit. Once I sell them and put the stockers back on I would like to space them out a touch....
I can't help as I've decided to go with 20s. This thing isn't going off road any time soon and if it does, I plan on getting a secondary set for that in the future. So, getting a little bling to fit in here in Vegas. It's a new path for me as I've never done the bling bling thing before. WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO?!

By the way, if you decide to go with spacers, go to All Pro Off Road. They have hubcentric wheel spacers for $79 bucks. They are far less expensive than Spidertrax and I can say they worked great as I had them on my 2006 4runner.

http://allprooffroad.com/tech-info-m...ers/toyspacers <-- linky (second set down)

Last edited by BLUEGXLVCR; 12-29-10 at 12:54 PM.
Old 01-05-11, 12:20 AM
charlie@jd
Pole Position

here's pix of my gx

Old 01-05-11, 10:03 AM
Lexus 4 ME
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow great looking GX!!! What kind of wheels is it? And what spacers do you have is it 1.5 inch. Did you get extended lugs?
Old 01-05-11, 04:24 PM
ROSCOGX470
Instructor

Received 99 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus 4 ME
Wow great looking GX!!! What kind of wheels is it? And what spacers do you have is it 1.5 inch. Did you get extended lugs?
I just switched to chrome Sequoia wheels and i got the bling and the different offset at the same time.
Old 01-05-11, 05:00 PM
chrisvr6
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by charlie@jd
here's pix of my gx

which whels and tire size is that? nice!
Old 01-05-11, 07:40 PM
BLUEGXLVCR
Driver

Love the look Charlie!

I went a different route for the first time in my life. I went with 20s. It was just a swap of rims and sensors with the guy so no cost to me to give it a whirl. It is a bit of a waste of a 4WD but I have something else to play with. This is my DD and I live in Vegas so weather is no concern.

This is what I use to play...

Old 01-05-11, 09:25 PM
Johnny Rad
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice Jeep. Looks way too clean for you to play with it too hard. (That's what she said)

I used to drive a '75 CJ5 way back when. With a tiny 11-13gal tank, I pretty much lived at the gas station. Gas was cheap then. Oh, the good old days!

Yours is older, isn't it?
Old 01-06-11, 07:11 AM
BLUEGXLVCR
Driver

Originally Posted by Johnny Rad
Nice Jeep. Looks way too clean for you to play with it too hard. (That's what she said)

I used to drive a '75 CJ5 way back when. With a tiny 11-13gal tank, I pretty much lived at the gas station. Gas was cheap then. Oh, the good old days!

Yours is older, isn't it?
Ha ha it is a church! I've been over the Rubicon with her and the Sierra Trek. Trust me I don't take the hardest lines but I do use her. She's a 1969 CJ-5. The odo reads about 67K miles but in truth, the drivetrain has about 8,000 miles on it all the way down to the engine.

Locked front and rear, D44 axles. I've got a 3spd in it with a Warn overdrive. So six forward speeds and two reverse. The engine is a Buick V6. No power steering, drum brakes all the way around. I'm a pic *****, here are some more. And oh yes, my butt sits on the what 10 gallon gas tank?

Oh one more, recently sold this baby. I didn't have the time or space for two toys...

Old 01-06-11, 07:13 PM
Johnny Rad
Instructor

FJs and CJs - so cool. Though I had a Jeep, I always wanted a FJ40. I kick myself for passing on an '81 FJ a hundred years ago.

My '75 CJ5 was fitted with the 304 V8, 4bbl Holley, 3spd and full cage. Diamond plating in the rear corners set it off nicely. With 35's and semi-operable drums, it pulled from side to side crazy hard under braking. It was a franken-truck: not sure anything was original and not sure any of it was high quality, but I loved it! (When it ran ... that's another story.)

I'd love to post pics, but that was way before my camera went digi.
Old 01-07-11, 07:27 AM
BLUEGXLVCR
Driver

Originally Posted by Johnny Rad
FJs and CJs - so cool. Though I had a Jeep, I always wanted a FJ40. I kick myself for passing on an '81 FJ a hundred years ago.

My '75 CJ5 was fitted with the 304 V8, 4bbl Holley, 3spd and full cage. Diamond plating in the rear corners set it off nicely. With 35's and semi-operable drums, it pulled from side to side crazy hard under braking. It was a franken-truck: not sure anything was original and not sure any of it was high quality, but I loved it! (When it ran ... that's another story.)

I'd love to post pics, but that was way before my camera went digi.
All my best wheeling pics are in an album in the closet so I can relate. Oh man, god forbid those drums even get a bit wet! Back in the days when you actually had to "drive". It keeps me real! Pretty rare cars run in my family. Uncle rocks a 54 CJ3B and a 67 Corvette Singray. I've also got a 42 Ford Convertible on ice up in the country.

Oh to keep this on topic, I don't run spacers on any of those! Hahaha!
Old 01-07-11, 09:13 AM
Johnny Rad
Instructor

I want to see pics of a stockers with spacers...

Quick Reply: GX470 and Wheel Spacers