GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

What Mods R Youuuuu Doing?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-08, 03:01 PM
DJJJAMES
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Mods R Youuuuu Doing?

Let Me Know.. I Have A 2003 Onyx Black Gx470 & I'm Ready To Trick It Out.. I Have A 2000 Watt Crunch Amp/2 Channel - Two 12" Dual Speakers Sub( Soon To Be Jl's) With Four 6.5" Logic Speakers(soon To Be Upgraded) .. I Also Have Done The Dvd Override Withthe Switch (for Front Screen Dvd Action While Car In Motion- Switch Goes From Dvd Player Screen Back To Nav Screen When A Dvd Is Playing)..

Mark Levinson Audio Stock
Sports Package
3rd Row Seating
Drop Down Dvd Plaver-stock
Rear Spoiler

Looking At 24" Rims.. Altezza Lights (was Gonna Go Prado But I Think Altezza's Right Now.. Maybe Some Magnaflow Dual Exhaust Action Like My Man Carsmack (nice Job By The Way)..

Any Rim Recommendations...im Looking At Status Rims.. Im Definitly Getting That Vais Ipod Adapter.. Is There Anymod's I Don't Know About.. ???

Is Kdss Worth It ?? What's Goin On With The Trd Or Any Other Super Charger For The Gx??
Old 10-05-08, 06:18 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

KDSS is not worth the trouble or cost. Great option but not to add. Cost thousands. TRD did make a supercharger kit but they are difficult to get as I have been looking for some time. There are several ECUs so make sure you get the one for a 4runner to prevent engine detonation.

Welcome to CL.
Old 10-05-08, 07:29 PM
DJJJAMES
Driver School Candidate

Thank You Sir.. Im Looking For The K&n High Air Filter For The 2003 Gx470.. But Can Only Seem To Find One For '04 & Up... Are They Universal As Most Things Between The Gx470 Models?
Old 10-05-08, 07:57 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by DJJJAMES
Thank You Sir.. Im Looking For The K&n High Air Filter For The 2003 Gx470.. But Can Only Seem To Find One For '04 & Up... Are They Universal As Most Things Between The Gx470 Models?
I have a thread here on my KNN filter install. Also some pics in my sig below. Yes, fits perfectly. 4Runner 2004 V8 version.
Old 10-07-08, 02:27 PM
DJJJAMES
Driver School Candidate

Great... Because Every Site I See Selling This K&n Filter Is Saying 04' & Up.. But It Does Look Similar To My Air Filter Chamber's Space & I Know You Know Your Stuff Double P... Since This Thread Is About All Mods.. I'm Really Interested In Going With The Dual Exhast On The Gx.. I Saw A Magnaflow Y Connector & I See Cmarshack Used A 14571 Magnaflow Muffler.. But Did He Use 2 Of Those Mufflers... I Don't See A Kit That Actually Comes From The Stoc Converter & Goes Around The Spare On Eadch Side (hence The Custom Job)...

Now The Specs On The 14571 Muffler Say The In & Out On That Muffler Are 2.5", But I Saw Someone Saying Here That The Stock Exhaust System Is 3.5"... Could I In Theory Standard Plumbing Pipe (the Right Guage Of Course & Custom Weld Myself A System... I'm Going For A Simple Sound Nothing To Loud Or Thundering I'd Rather A Deeper Pitch The Faster I Go ... Do You Know How I Could Achieve That???

Thanx Again
Old 10-07-08, 03:38 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

The muffler fits out exhaust pipe fine-not 3.5". Any reputable exhaust shop can fabricate the piping for your GX and route it fine.
Just use 1 muffler. The muffler is just a swap out of the factory muffler. The extra pipe is connected to the existing pipe behind the rear axle and in front of the spare tire.
Old 10-07-08, 05:48 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

The KNN # is 63-9022
Old 10-07-08, 11:16 PM
DJJJAMES
Driver School Candidate

I Saw This Intake Not Long After My Last Post.. I Specifically Looked For A 4 Runner 4.7 Intake , But I Wasn't Sure If The Fitment Was Right So You Just Answered Another Question Before I Could Even Ask It... I Feel The Need To Build My Own Exhaust System.. I'm Going To Have To Do A Little Bit More Research Before My Dual Exhaust Is Completed

Have You Seen Any Different Headlights For The Gx470? Projectors / Angel Eyes/ Smoked Or Blacked Out Versions, Etc?
Old 10-08-08, 08:09 PM
DJJJAMES
Driver School Candidate

Question

Ok.. So Pearlpower.. I Watched You Youtube On The Magnaflow Dual Exhaust System & It Sounds Great.. Do You Have One Muffler Or Two & If I Could Somehow Fit 2 Mufflers Without Removing The Spare , Would There Be Any Benefit?
Old 10-08-08, 08:56 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by DJJJAMES
Ok.. So Pearlpower.. I Watched You Youtube On The Magnaflow Dual Exhaust System & It Sounds Great.. Do You Have One Muffler Or Two & If I Could Somehow Fit 2 Mufflers Without Removing The Spare , Would There Be Any Benefit?
Same setup as you see here. There really is not room for two mufflers. You could run a single inlet and dual outlet muffler but then the cost would rise as two pipes would need to be run under the axle and then there is the question on room.
Old 10-09-08, 11:00 PM
DJJJAMES
Driver School Candidate

Do You Have A Shot Of Your Gx470's Undercarraige You Could Post Double P ?? Anyone Who Has Dual Exhaust System Please Post Pics Of Your Under Carraige So We All Can Have Exhibits Of This Beautiful Mod!!!

Now There's More Than One Way To Project The Pipes & I Think I See A Clear Path From The Muffler To Where The Driver's Side Tail Pipe Would Point.. Now On The Stock Exhaust.. There Is A Large Diameter (possibly Resnator) Deal That Is A Part Of The Exhaust System Before The Exaustst Pipe Comes Out The Back.. What Is That? How Do I Go Aftermarket (dual Exhaust) & Still Make Up For The Function Of That Piece??