GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

bluetooth via voice command

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-08, 06:54 PM
tsslo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bluetooth via voice command

I have an 07 GX470 and I've been successful pairing by Blackberry 8830 to the car...works fine when I'm stationary and when a call comes in. The problem is calling while I'm driving. The voice command on the phone stops working when I'm driving and I can't seem to figure out how to get the "car" to call with the Lexus voice command. I've uploaded my phonebook but I've hit a wall trying to get it to work. The latest is the car responded that the number in the phonebook didn't have a "voice tag". I can't find this feature or option anywhere...to turn on or off. Anyone dealt with this?? Tks in advance.
Tom
Old 04-22-08, 08:00 PM
HoboGX
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tsslo
I have an 07 GX470 and I've been successful pairing by Blackberry 8830 to the car...works fine when I'm stationary and when a call comes in. The problem is calling while I'm driving. The voice command on the phone stops working when I'm driving and I can't seem to figure out how to get the "car" to call with the Lexus voice command. I've uploaded my phonebook but I've hit a wall trying to get it to work. The latest is the car responded that the number in the phonebook didn't have a "voice tag". I can't find this feature or option anywhere...to turn on or off. Anyone dealt with this?? Tks in advance.
Tom
Just curious, who is your provider. I have 8830 through Verizon, and I cannot get the phonebook to upload. Someone told me that Verizon blocks it. I am finding it hard to believe.
Old 04-22-08, 09:07 PM
JimsGX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a Blackberry 8830 on Verizon service and was able to upload my phonebook to my 08' GX without a problem. Also worked fine on my 07' RX400h...

Jim
Old 04-23-08, 07:42 AM
tsslo
Driver School Candidate

I'm with verizon. To transfer the phonebook on your 8830, first get the screen on the lexus to be ready to receive the uploan then on the 8830 to to application; options; bluetooth; and then on the "paired" bluetooth on your lexus hit the button to the left of the tracball and you will see a screen with "transfer address book".
Old 04-23-08, 07:44 AM
tsslo
Driver School Candidate

Jim, can you use the voice dial on the phone when you are driving? Second, can you use the voice dial on the lexus to dial the number from the phone book? Tks.
Old 04-23-08, 06:08 PM
JimsGX
Lexus Test Driver

Jim, can you use the voice dial on the phone when you are driving? Second, can you use the voice dial on the lexus to dial the number from the phone book? Tks.
I've never bothered with the voice dial directly on the blackberry. I can use both the dial by number and the dial by name functions built into the GX while driving though.

Jim
Old 04-23-08, 06:13 PM
JimsGX
Lexus Test Driver

Tom
To answer your original question, in the navigation book on page 155 (2008) it shows you how to set up the "dial by name" function for any entry you've uploaded to the GX's contact list. On the 2007 the page might be different, but I'd bet its right around the same page.

Jim