GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Xenon Depot - 4300K Xtreme HID - Install w/Pics (no 56k)

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-07, 12:09 PM
LexGX
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Before i bought my hid kit, i bought some blue bulb and to find out they suck. So since i paid like 50 bucks for them, i was going to use them until they die. the light output was too dim and so i decided to adjust the height of the beam pattern. Is it possible to turn it too much and then the beam gets put back into a position at its lowest?

I'm still deciding if i want to go hid with fog lights or not. If i am then i'm going to wait until i get 4300k low beam and then 3000k for fog.
Old 07-23-07, 01:09 PM
tyoung88
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No high beams or cops pulling over so far...

Funny you should mention the fog lights as I've been trying to figure this out for several weeks. The stock oem fogs definitely look yellow compared to the 4300k HID. What's worse is that as I'm driving the HID's are so bright that if I flick on the fog the difference almost isn't noticeable. The fogs seem to be more of a cosmetic thing now than adding any real-world lighting improvement. I've been debating between Sylvania Silverstar, PIAA Xtreme White, PIAA Ion (yellow), and just leaving them off.

I've also been trying to figure out what to do with the parking light. I put in a 5-led refractoring wedge bulb but it's too blue. I've ordered another led that hopefully should be whiter.
Old 07-25-07, 02:57 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Hello,

To get the closest match to OEM I would suggest going with the 4300k kit as your vehicle has OEM projector headlights. This kit will offer you the brightest possible output as the higher you go in terms of colour temperature the more colour you obtain however the less actual useable light output you obtain.

The Xtreme ballasts are epoxy sealed to ensure that they are well protected from the elements.

The components used in the Xtreme line are not made by Philips however they are made in Japan to ensure both longevity and reliability.

In terms of the fogs, how about HID =)?
Old 07-25-07, 04:45 PM
Josh's GX
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was looking on another forum and saw that someone had a question regarding how to save the information stored on the vehicle when you disconnect the battery. I figured since this step is done when you replace the headlights with the HID kit, this would be the best place to ask.

Anyways...someone said to use http://autorepair.about.com/gi/dynam...6storeId=10101 which will store the information. My question is, has anyone used this, and if so how did/does it work? And if not, what did you do once you re-connected the battery?
Old 07-25-07, 07:52 PM
GXlexus470
Driver

Default Xenon Depot - 4300K Xtreme HID - Install w/Pics (no 56k)

Originally Posted by tyoung88
No high beams or cops pulling over so far...

Funny you should mention the fog lights as I've been trying to figure this out for several weeks. The stock oem fogs definitely look yellow compared to the 4300k HID. What's worse is that as I'm driving the HID's are so bright that if I flick on the fog the difference almost isn't noticeable. The fogs seem to be more of a cosmetic thing now than adding any real-world lighting improvement. I've been debating between Sylvania Silverstar, PIAA Xtreme White, PIAA Ion (yellow), and just leaving them off.

I've also been trying to figure out what to do with the parking light. I put in a 5-led refractoring wedge bulb but it's too blue. I've ordered another led that hopefully should be whiter.
tyoung88, check this out from ebay motors. It seems legit. Has anyone in the Forum tried these on theirs? Let me know what you think.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PIAA-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 07-26-07, 06:59 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

wow... $80 for a pair of halogen bulbs.
Old 10-25-07, 01:30 PM
jditom
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just ordered mine today!!!
H11! I assume there are no changes on my 2008.
4300 Kit

Originally Posted by XenonDepot
Hello,

To get the closest match to OEM I would suggest going with the 4300k kit as your vehicle has OEM projector headlights. This kit will offer you the brightest possible output as the higher you go in terms of colour temperature the more colour you obtain however the less actual useable light output you obtain.

The Xtreme ballasts are epoxy sealed to ensure that they are well protected from the elements.

The components used in the Xtreme line are not made by Philips however they are made in Japan to ensure both longevity and reliability.

In terms of the fogs, how about HID =)?
Old 10-25-07, 03:02 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Order Received!! Your kit will be shipping tomorrow via UPS =)

Regards,

Steve
Old 10-25-07, 03:18 PM
BurgBoxstr
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

jditom-
I see your 4300 - raise you 700 + 24

Ordered my 5000k set yesterday

Wanna bet on who installs them 1st? Just kiddin', I'll probably let mine "season" in the garage for a week or two until I install them. Gotta let the GX stare at 'em in envy for a few days (as if it's not already jealous of the HIDs on my wifes GS350). Plus, maybe the next time it goes in for service, it'll download something into the Lexus computers saying HIDs should be std on the GX!! Of course, that'd be bad for Steve then Oh well, at least we'll both have them now.
Old 10-25-07, 04:10 PM
jditom
Pole Position

Originally Posted by XenonDepot
Order Received!! Your kit will be shipping tomorrow via UPS =)

Regards,

Steve
Steve,
Thanks for the great service
John
Old 10-25-07, 04:15 PM
jditom
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BurgBoxstr
jditom-
I see your 4300 - raise you 700 + 24

Ordered my 5000k set yesterday

Wanna bet on who installs them 1st? Just kiddin', I'll probably let mine "season" in the garage for a week or two until I install them. Gotta let the GX stare at 'em in envy for a few days (as if it's not already jealous of the HIDs on my wifes GS350). Plus, maybe the next time it goes in for service, it'll download something into the Lexus computers saying HIDs should be std on the GX!! Of course, that'd be bad for Steve then Oh well, at least we'll both have them now.
I will get to them as soon as I detail the Landcruiser, take pics and put her up FOR SALE!
But I know when they get here I will not waist much time and I will be up late in my garage again putting on some HID's!
Old 10-25-07, 04:28 PM
BurgBoxstr
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jditom
Steve,
Thanks for the great service
John
Agreed! Thanks Steve for the great service thus far and helping me decide! Looking forward to being able to see better in the GX. Can't tell you how many times I've puttzed around w/ headlight alignment to date. It's either too high and makes a big void just in front or too low and can't see squat in the distance

Will post back w/ results too as the many before me who did this helped "convince" me too.
Old 10-25-07, 04:28 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Thanks for the business =)
Old 10-26-07, 08:27 AM
tyoung88
Rookie

Since this thread has popped back up I wanted to let everyone know that my 4300k Kit has been running great with no issues. Color temp has stayed consistent and I've been leaving the switch on AUTO.
Old 10-26-07, 08:30 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Glad to hear it! Thanks for the update.

Steve

Quick Reply: Xenon Depot - 4300K Xtreme HID - Install w/Pics (no 56k)