GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

IPOD Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-07, 04:37 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Most info is repost from prior posts , but to add I have one in each car and really do like them. Works great.
Old 09-02-07, 02:57 AM
Capirato
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default iPod intergration kit

Will this work on a GX ??

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/08/31/toyota-gets-in-on-the-ipod-integration-game/

~ Cap
Old 09-03-07, 01:33 PM
jugdish
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Capirato
That would be fantastic if it does, or if something similar is coming to Lexus...............I had serious issues the the VAIS ipod solution. Had it installed on an 04 GX w/nav, and a few months after installing it my nav was going nuts. Couldn't keep itself in sync and often had my location hundreds of miles off. Took it to Lexus, and they replaced everything including the LCD head unit after 2 months of trial and error. I finally found out from VAIS that the unit had a bad component and needed to be swapped. All of that hassle, and the lexus dealer cracked one of the wood trim pieces during the process and the replacement wood piece was a different color than the original. I got the new unit from VAIS, and the sound quality was lacking, just didn't sound like it used to. I now have an 07 and prefer the AUX input as the sound quality is better than the VAIS, but hopefully lexus comes up with factory integration soon.
Old 09-03-07, 02:40 PM
rj4510
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by jugdish
That would be fantastic if it does, or if something similar is coming to Lexus...............I had serious issues the the VAIS ipod solution. Had it installed on an 04 GX w/nav, and a few months after installing it my nav was going nuts. Couldn't keep itself in sync and often had my location hundreds of miles off. Took it to Lexus, and they replaced everything including the LCD head unit after 2 months of trial and error. I finally found out from VAIS that the unit had a bad component and needed to be swapped. All of that hassle, and the lexus dealer cracked one of the wood trim pieces during the process and the replacement wood piece was a different color than the original. I got the new unit from VAIS, and the sound quality was lacking, just didn't sound like it used to. I now have an 07 and prefer the AUX input as the sound quality is better than the VAIS, but hopefully lexus comes up with factory integration soon.
It's hard to imagine you had two bad units in a row. My brother-in-law and I both have the Vais unit and they have been functioning flawlessly. The Aux input on the 07 is still the best and cheapest solution. Too bad the dealer broke the trim. I would have insisted on them replacing all of them to match.

Perhaps some of us CL members could teach them how to remove the trim.
Old 09-06-07, 04:11 PM
ADVocate
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool I guess it happens...

Originally Posted by jugdish
From what I have read with most users, and my own experiences. The VaisTech unit works well. There are a few quirks that have been noted. But, the audio is BETTER than any mini-stereo jack or FM tuner unit out there. I guess you are that occasional situation that things go horribly wrong. I too would like to see Lexus step up the plate in new technology integration on all their products. After all, isn't this brand supposed to be the pinnacle of the Toyota product line. That policy should go across the board for all the Lexus vehicles in possessing the latest auto innovations.