GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Power Window/Moonroof remote opening feature

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-07, 09:38 AM
Lou19
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Window/Moonroof remote opening feature

Is there a secret sequence to deprogram this feature?:

Power Window and Moon Roof
Holding down the UNLOCK button on the Key-fob 2.5 seconds will OPEN all windows and moon roof (ON/OFF) - Default on

My dog ate my key fob. Every time she barks or takes a dump, all the windows and moon roof open on my GX. Seriously, I want to disable this feature without paying the dealer, if possible.

Lou
OIF Vet
42nd ID
Misfits
"Spin 'um up"
Old 04-05-07, 11:58 AM
94SC300TX
Rookie

dude, that is the funniest post ever!!!
Old 04-05-07, 03:12 PM
cmarshack
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lou19

My dog ate my key fob. Every time she barks or takes a dump, all the windows and moon roof open on my GX. Seriously, I want to disable this feature without paying the dealer, if possible.
I would be more worried about my dog!

Get that remote out of the dog and your problem is solved...leave it in there and your vet bill will be a lot more than paying the dealer to shut off this option.

Old 04-05-07, 09:06 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

+1, take the dog to the vet asap, to hell with the windows.
Old 04-06-07, 07:08 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts
Smile

I think he was kidding about the dog.
Old 04-06-07, 07:43 AM
Lou19
Rookie

Thanks G Man, you are on the same wavelength. I was having fun with my dilemma but I guess I struck a nerve with the Bob Barker Fan Club. Let's see if they get that one.

Lou
OIF Vet
42nd ID
Misfits
"Spin 'um up"
Old 04-06-07, 08:53 AM
cmarshack
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lou19
Thanks G Man, you are on the same wavelength. I was having fun with my dilemma but I guess I struck a nerve with the Bob Barker Fan Club. Let's see if they get that one.

I was pretty sure you were kidding...but to be honest I have absolutely no idea why you would need to turn this option off??? Just don't hold down the button...

And by the way I am probably not much older than you...if at all, but that does not mean that I am not going to miss Bob when he retires this
Old 04-06-07, 09:30 AM
CVsIS250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL! Funny stuff...I knew you were kidding btw. plus if your dog ate the key fob it would just rid it by itself...
Old 04-06-07, 10:20 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

There was instructions on this site a while back reagarding disabling the auto door lock but I dont recall see anything about the instruction for the window and sunroof function. You may want to try Tundra solution or get a hold of a service manual. When I did my free customize setting. I was going to diable this feature too. After talking to some people on this forum, I found out that it is actually useful when entering the car on a hot summer day. It lets the car vent out for a min.or so.
Old 04-06-07, 10:53 AM
Lou19
Rookie

I have used this feature, in the summer, and find it to be very helpful in purging the summer heat. Until...

The other morning I found my GX all open which was quite scary. There was a spritz over night and I had to wipe the inside down. I believe the fob was activated by the way my keys were positioned in my pocket overnight. No harm to the truck but I wish this feature would time out, perhaps 1 minute, then close.

I can take it to the dealer for the change, but I was hoping to toggle this option on a seasonal basis. This would reduce the possible accidental activation time to only the summer months.

Cmarshack:

Have you Lexus spayed or neutered.

I will miss Bob also, immortalized in the "Happy Gilmore" fight scene.

Lou
OIF Vet
42nd ID
Misfits
"Spin 'um up"
Old 07-04-11, 11:30 AM
Stockstink
Driver School Candidate

Seroiusly?? no one knows how to enable/disable this feature. Mine is disabled and I want to enable it.

How is this done?
Todd.
Old 07-04-11, 09:01 PM
ALAN553
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 144 Posts

Try disconnecting the battery, I lost all auto window functions when I changed battery and had to reprogram.
Old 07-29-11, 10:19 AM
mimas
Driver School Candidate

Let's say it's a rainy night and you're carrying groceries to your car. You want to open the rear hatch using the key fob, but accidentally press the Unlock button instead. Before you realize your mistake, all windows including the moon roof are open. Now you must get into the car and start the engine before you can close anything. Front seats soaked and headliner stained. I pulled the fuse for the moon roof to prevent this accident from happening.
Old 08-03-11, 07:36 PM
ROSCOGX470
Instructor

Received 99 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Stockstink
Seroiusly?? no one knows how to enable/disable this feature. Mine is disabled and I want to enable it.

How is this done?
Todd.
Its in the owners manual for sure. When my battery died it disabled upon battery replacement. Its the same for the automatic moonroof open/close feature if I'm not mistaken. I could be wrong but i would try it. It was like holding the power moonroof button open until it beeps or something like that. Good luck.
Old 08-04-11, 06:11 AM
ALAN553
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 144 Posts

you really need to hold the unlock button for at least 3-4 secs before the windows start to open, i have never opened them by accident while unlocking doors ever.

Quick Reply: Power Window/Moonroof remote opening feature