GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Warranty Direct vs Lexus Platium Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-07, 03:17 PM
thedon3
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Warranty Direct vs Lexus Platium Warranty

I am trying to decide which warranty is better for my GX-470-07. They are about the same price and it seem the warranty direct has better coverage.I am just looking to see who has had good or bad luck with these warranties
Thanks
Old 02-12-07, 03:36 PM
jjbodean
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i cant believe that the lexus warranty wouldnt be better, its the same as the new car coverage. can you compare and contrast the two for us so we can understand why you believe the other is better?
Old 02-12-07, 03:42 PM
thedon3
Rookie

The warranty Direct Luxury Care package also cover wear and tear as the Lexus Platium does not. I have had the Lexus warranty on my 04, but , I am always looking for better.
Old 02-13-07, 06:02 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Wear and tear meaning what? Battery? Brake pads and rotors? Tires?
Old 02-13-07, 08:31 AM
94SC300TX
Rookie

My parents have te Warranty Direct Luxury Care package on two of their cars, a 2002 Corvette C5 and a 2002 Mercedes S430, and I can tell you that the warranties have already paid for themselves! Great service, no hassles and they even pay for a part that may be failing but has not failed yet, such as a slow window motor etc. The Mercedes S had to have the suspension replaced and being airmatic struts, the replacements cost $3600 installed, all covered under the $0 ded warranty and they provide rental cars.
Old 02-17-07, 01:36 PM
koolaidman
Lexus Test Driver

extra care is better

let me put it this way

manufactor warr=plat extra care
Old 02-18-07, 10:00 AM
laynlow
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 94SC300TX
My parents have te Warranty Direct Luxury Care package on two of their cars, a 2002 Corvette C5 and a 2002 Mercedes S430, and I can tell you that the warranties have already paid for themselves! Great service, no hassles and they even pay for a part that may be failing but has not failed yet, such as a slow window motor etc. The Mercedes S had to have the suspension replaced and being airmatic struts, the replacements cost $3600 installed, all covered under the $0 ded warranty and they provide rental cars.
Do you have a link for the Warranty Direct Luxury Care package please.

Thanks!
Old 02-18-07, 10:04 AM
thedon3
Rookie

http://www.warrantydirect.com/luxury_care.asp. This is the link you wanted. Also, I think I am going with Lexus warranty. I cannot find anyone who is solid with warranrty direct service with Lexus
Old 02-22-07, 08:25 PM
Argentum
Driver School Candidate

I'll say this from the standpoint of a service manager at a prominent Lexus dealer: The Lexus Extra Care warranty gets you faster service, they have the part numbers, operation codes, and support many TSIBs. We can finish a claim in about 5 minutes, which means less waiting for you. (Mainly, this because our accounting department handles transactions "behind the scenes" with Extra Care.)

Many other extended warranty and service contracts make us fax documentation back and forth, then then mail us the amount, if it's off by a penny (even in their favor!) they nix the transaction and start over again. Sometimes, they don't pay the full cost for parts, and try to bargain with you. Some companies even demand the car gets towed to a non-Lexus dealer for repairs, because the labor rate may be cheaper...you get the idea. I'm not implying Warranty Direct is at all like this, I'm just stating what I deal with with non-Lexus extended warranties.

In short, the car's owner has to wait longer to get their car back, because the service reps have much more work to do with 3rd-party contracts. That's not to say some of them aren't generous with repairs, nor aren't a pleasure to deal with. One extended service contract company I dealt with even offered 50%-off customer-paid details once a year! But they're far and few between, and many companies scare you into buying one early, so you don't get the full value of them.

In short, do your homework.
Old 02-23-07, 02:57 PM
thedon3
Rookie

I agree and have decided to go with the Lexus warranty. One question, I am going to purchase for Jim at Huntsville, it should not effect where I get the work done at Prestige in NJ? They are required to honor it, right?
Old 02-23-07, 03:07 PM
jjbodean
Lexus Test Driver

the lexus factory plan is good at any lexus dealer in north america
Old 02-23-07, 03:44 PM
thedon3
Rookie

Thanks,
One more question. How long until they stop giving a loaner car out?
Thanks,
Bobby
Old 02-23-07, 03:47 PM
jjbodean
Lexus Test Driver

loaner cars are typically on a dealer by dealer basis. some give one to you for any service, others only a 15k service or greater. they are required to give you one if its going to be a warranty repair that will take a certain amount of time or longer. the lexus platinum plan provides for substitute transportation reimbursement as well
Old 02-26-07, 04:30 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by thedon3
Thanks,
One more question. How long until they stop giving a loaner car out?
Thanks,
Bobby
prestige gives you a loaner for an oil change, it may cost 150 bucks but they give you a loaner, 1 of the reason they built the larger dealer, to accommodate more customers with parking and loaners

Just be well informed cause they can be very cunning with pushing dealer recommended services that can easily reach and exceed 1000 dollars
Old 02-27-07, 05:46 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

$150 oil change? They can keep the loaner car.

Quick Reply: Warranty Direct vs Lexus Platium Warranty