GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Strange message from Lexus Customer Service re: HID lights as "standard":

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-06, 06:08 AM
JWS3
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange message from Lexus Customer Service re: HID lights as "standard":

This is what I got in response to my suggestion that HIDs should be standard:

"Thank you for contacting Lexus Customer Satisfaction. We are dedicated to providing superior service. In circumstances that require our attention, we will assist in the resolution process.

I apologize that we do not currently have Sirius radio available for our GX 470 models, however, we do currently offer XM radio. Please be advised your comments regarding Sirius radio have been documented for product improvement consideration. Currently, our 2006 GX 470 does come with High-Intensity Discharge headlamps with dynamic auto leveling as a standard feature.
We sincerely appreciate the time you have taken to provide this feedback.
If you require further assistance, please respond to this e-mail, or contact Lexus Customer Satisfaction at 1-800-255-3987, Monday through Friday, 5:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., or Saturday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.

Sincerely,

Heather Stafford"

Wow-- I didn't know these lights were standard!! Guess all of us got defective vehicles...

Here is my response:

I believe you are mistaken as to the availability of HID (High Intensity Discharge) lights on the GX 470. The following is copied directly from your web site:

Headlamps Automatic on/off projector-beam headlamps with 30-second delay

The link is here: http://www.lexus.com/models/gx/470_specifications.html

It is possible that there is a change, with such not so reflected on the web site. Any ideas?

Either way, please check into the matter and clarify if you would.

Gotta love the informed people they have? Or, are there changes coming......

Jim
Old 04-19-06, 10:42 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

I think she confused GX with RX

If it does come standard, then maybe late late 06 change???
Old 04-19-06, 12:44 PM
JWS3
Pole Position

Default Update- they were wrong..

Updated msg:

I apologize for any inconvenience. The website information is accurate. Our GX 470 comes with Automatic on/off projector-beam headlamps with 30-second delay rather than HID headlamps. Please be advised your suggestions have been documented for product improvement consideration at Lexus Headquarters.
Old 04-20-06, 11:30 AM
loflin
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JWS3
Updated msg:

I apologize for any inconvenience. The website information is accurate. Our GX 470 comes with Automatic on/off projector-beam headlamps with 30-second delay rather than HID headlamps. Please be advised your suggestions have been documented for product improvement consideration at Lexus Headquarters.
General rant...

Why is it no one can ever apologize for being WRONG anymore? I get the same as above: "... apologize for the inconvenience", "... apologize for the misunderstanding" like it was half our fault!, "... apologize for the confusion" again like it was half our fault, etc.