GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

SIRIUS on 06 GX part number verified!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-05, 03:10 PM
kormaster
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SIRIUS on 06 GX part number verified!!

Ok... i am dying to get this thing installed by using the OEM addon module.
Someone on this boar has verifies that ES330, LX470, and LS430 all use same part for SIRIUS module from Lexus. ANd you also need FIT-kit (assuming harness and antenna stuff),, and those 3 vehicles all use same parts.

Since GX isnt listed on Lexus computer as a compatible model, someone has VERIFIED that ES, LS, and LX kit works on the 06 GX. I am not sure about the previous models

Part number for the SIRIUS module - PTS3100052 - $229
FIT-KIT - 115

Now.. installing these... i assume it isnt worth more than 100 bucks honestly... i think some of us can do this at home....

I called LONGO lexus... they are not being cooperative as far as letting me know how much the parts are.. i had to call WESTMINSTER and Cerritos LExus to get these part numbers.

Longo wants $500 installed.... maybe it is worth it for some of us who doesnt have time... but Longo is far from me and i dont have time so i might just do this at the dealer...
Old 10-19-05, 08:04 PM
BobsGX
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The fit kits are different for each vehicle. So far, Lexus hasn't come out with a fit kit for the GX. Maybe if they get enough phone calls asking when the kit will be available, they will develop it sooner. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. I'm going to call tomorrow and see what they have to say. How about it?
Old 10-20-05, 12:22 AM
kormaster
Pit Crew

My car is going in this saturday... i have confirmed with parts dept (real friendly man - he even apologized for calling 30 min late today and explained that everything will work out)

He ordered today... all the parts should be in by tomorrow evening... total install and parts is 499.00

Im a happy camper so far... ill update you guys... BTW.. this is Westminster Lexus here in socal.

Part dept man named Angel.... tell him that i sent you over if you guys are in socal area...
Old 10-20-05, 11:22 AM
irv09
Driver School Candidate

what do you all think about installing the Sirius in an 05? Do you think the radio is that different from MY 05 to 06?
Old 10-20-05, 02:14 PM
LexusTech
Rookie

I got word today from our GM,has told u to intall Sirius tuners in all the '06 GX470's that arrive.

The actual tuner module is the same regardless of model. Fit kits do vary among models though.

My parts manager said we will use ES330 fit kits,but I guess we'll have to figure out the rest (how to route the wiring harness,tuner mounting location,etc.). Like the other models,you press the "AM" button twice to use satellite radio. While other models say "AM SAT" on the same button the GX does not.

As for compatibilty with 05 radios,that's a good question. Cosmetically the 05 and 06 radios look exactly the same to me. The next time I service my mother's '04 GX I will try to borrow a harness and tuner from parts to test...I'm sure 04 and 05 radios are definitely the same.

I should have some more details in the next few days. We have quite a few 06 GX's in the warehouse to do installs on.
Old 10-24-05, 06:15 AM
rgbyhkr
Driver School Candidate

Any idea if installing this effects the ability to install a VAIS Tech iPod adapter? I'm guessing not since the VAIS Tech mod involves the MD Changer "input" but I wasn't sure.
Old 10-25-05, 12:43 AM
kormaster
Pit Crew

My parts dept man called me and told me that the all the parts will be in this week... so i guess ill take the car in this sat. Ill keep you guys updated!!
Old 10-25-05, 12:57 PM
babygirl
Driver School Candidate

Have you guys been successful in adding the Sirius to your GX
Old 10-26-05, 12:29 AM
kormaster
Pit Crew

im gonna find out this saturday... seems like straight forward stuff...
Old 10-26-05, 04:32 PM
LexusTech
Rookie

Originally Posted by babygirl
Have you guys been successful in adding the Sirius to your GX
We installed two so far,I did the second one. We would have installed more but the fit kits we need are backordered Both were 2006 with navigation.

As mentioned before,the tuner module is the same regardless of vehicle. The fit kit is for an ES330 with navigation.
Old 10-27-05, 06:46 PM
stl2chi
Rookie

Default trying!!!

Ok.. I called my local dealer today.. The part number above is correct.... However, they weren't sure if the fit kit or module were compatible............They were unable to give me a price for labor..... Has anyone else tried this?

I too would like a nice sirius radio integrated into my system......

Very frustrating... If dealers are installing... All should..... Is there any bulletins or anything official that I can point the service department to??

thanks
Old 10-28-05, 12:21 AM
kormaster
Pit Crew

Im getting mine installed for 500 flat with all the parts and labor. This is Westminster in socal. Hope that helps.
Old 10-28-05, 02:15 AM
Capirato
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Sirus Radio

Originally Posted by kormaster

Im getting mine installed for 500 flat with all the parts and labor. This is Westminster in socal. Hope that helps.
Please send pictures.

~ Cap
Old 10-28-05, 07:47 AM
jtbmoore
Driver School Candidate

how are you guys running the antenna. Could someone post a pic or a few pics
Old 10-29-05, 11:53 PM
Capirato
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default How did it go ??

Originally Posted by kormaster

Im gonna find out this Saturday... Seems like straight forward stuff...
Kormaster.....

How did it go ??

~ Cap

Quick Reply: SIRIUS on 06 GX part number verified!!