GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

DRL burnt out, or is it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-05, 08:45 PM
brent0226
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DRL burnt out, or is it?

Over the past week or so, the MAINT REQD light would blink 4 or 5 times every time the car was started. I checked on the nav screen about the maintenance items, and I cleared them. The light still blinked when the car was started.

Then when driving one night, the right turn signal blinked very fast, and I discovered that the right front DRL/turn signal light had gone out. So, we decided it needed to be fixed later this week.

Two days later, the DRL is working fine and so is the turn signal The MAINT REQD light still blinked (have no idea if they were related), but I followed the odometer instructions in a different thread to clear the MAINT REQD light.

Has anyone else had a spastic DRL?
Old 08-17-05, 09:18 PM
koolaidman
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by brent0226
Over the past week or so, the MAINT REQD light would blink 4 or 5 times every time the car was started. I checked on the nav screen about the maintenance items, and I cleared them. The light still blinked when the car was started.

Then when driving one night, the right turn signal blinked very fast, and I discovered that the right front DRL/turn signal light had gone out. So, we decided it needed to be fixed later this week.

Two days later, the DRL is working fine and so is the turn signal The MAINT REQD light still blinked (have no idea if they were related), but I followed the odometer instructions in a different thread to clear the MAINT REQD light.

Has anyone else had a spastic DRL?
have u dont the campaing for the recall yet?
Old 08-17-05, 10:14 PM
CivicFerio
Pole Position

Hello,

When the maintenance required light is blinking, is it a reminder that you might need to take your GX in for service. If you continue to ignor it it will eventually just stay on. Nothing will happen when it is on because it is just a reminder indicator.

The DRL on the GX are notorious for burning out since they are operated at full battery voltage. For every 10 GX I see on the road half of them has a burnt out DRL light.

Since the light bulbs for the DRL are the same as the turn signal lights. When they burn out the the turn signal controler is affected, that is why it will blink faster.

A possible explanation for the DRL coming back on is the filament might have rewelded itself again and closing the circuit. It will come loose again eventually so have it replaced by the dealer under warantee.

Regards,
Charleston
Old 08-18-05, 10:10 PM
koolaidman
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by koolaidman
lol i dont even understand what i said

take it to the dealer 98 and up have a recall. then replace bulbs and tell me if it works. if u dont know. open up the hook. left side right above the passenger front tire there will be 2 holes or a 2x2 black box if u have the black box its been done if u see 2 screw holes it hasnt been done.
Old 08-19-05, 02:49 PM
loflin
Pole Position

take it to the dealer 98 and up have a recall. then replace bulbs and tell me if it works. if u dont know. open up the hook. left side right above the passenger front tire there will be 2 holes or a 2x2 black box if u have the black box its been done if u see 2 screw holes it hasnt been done.
"take it to the dealer 98 and up have a recall."

dude ya have to stop posting at midnight or lay off the koolaid!
Old 08-19-05, 04:37 PM
koolaidman
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by loflin
"take it to the dealer 98 and up have a recall."

dude ya have to stop posting at midnight or lay off the koolaid!

hey i only need 7 hours of sleep. any more makes me tired at work
Old 08-19-05, 04:49 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Ahhhhhhhhhh it's a form of Engrish http://www.engrish.com/faq.php
Old 08-19-05, 05:48 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The thread starter got an 2003 GX470. How the heck his car got the recall from 98 and up? The GX not come out until 2003. May be his car has some experience of travel back in time or something. You may need a rest and stop posting/PUI( posting under influence).

The recall is for the LX and Lexus just want to add more capacitor to the DRL.