GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Anyone has Sport Pkg with Gray interior?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-05, 02:12 PM
stl2chi
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking get what you want...

Joel888

You should be able to get just about any color combination that you want (with in reason)...

However you may have to order it. (I order mine in December, delivered in March)

We ordered a Blue Meridian with Ivory with TAN Wood. KDDS w/nav..

STL2CHI
Old 05-23-05, 02:15 PM
Bronsteen
Driver School Candidate

Default Dark Interior with Sport

You cannot get the Sport Package with Dark interior anywhere in the Northeast. It does not come to the port of Newark that way. You have to go very far south or very far west to get it. I would say the Northeast 20 states do not let you get the sport with the dark interior. I had to have my shipped from OK to NYC.

Bill
Old 05-23-05, 02:28 PM
Joel888
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bronsteen
You cannot get the Sport Package with Dark interior anywhere in the Northeast. It does not come to the port of Newark that way. You have to go very far south or very far west to get it. I would say the Northeast 20 states do not let you get the sport with the dark interior. I had to have my shipped from OK to NYC.

Bill
Bill,

Oh! So may be that why I did not see any in Gray interior at 3 dealerships' lots yesterday coz these GX all came from port of Newark NJ.

Since you had your GX shipped from OK, did you pay a premium for it?

Thanks.
Old 05-23-05, 02:31 PM
Bronsteen
Driver School Candidate

Joel,

Yes, I had to pay to have it shipped. About 700 dollars. You can always fly out and come back with it. Georgia had them too. It is the south and the middle where you start to see them. Lexus is silly to not make them this way up here.

Bill
Old 05-23-05, 02:33 PM
Joel888
Driver

Bill, how did you know that sport and gray interior does not come to Northeast? Did the salesman told you back then? Thks.
Old 05-23-05, 02:33 PM
mm25fx35
Rookie

Originally Posted by Joel888
Bill,

Oh! So may be that why I did not see any in Gray interior at 3 dealerships' lots yesterday coz these GX all came from port of Newark NJ.

Since you had your GX shipped from OK, did you pay a premium for it?

Thanks.

We got dark interior, we didn't pay full price. We ended up getting 3000 off sticker plus blue book for our trade in. The Toledo dealership had 3 Sports at the time (2 were black on black) If the Dealer is willeing to sell, they will (should) locate what you want
Old 05-23-05, 03:13 PM
Bronsteen
Driver School Candidate

I went to every dealer in person or on the phone from NYC to VA. They all let me know it is not built this way here. Not one. And when I finally started to find them 100s of miles away, the prices could not touch what I was getting up here.
Old 05-23-05, 04:59 PM
Lex7
Driver School Candidate

Just purchased a 05 sport black on grey. After owning an IS with ivory interior for 2 years I couldn't own another one. The panels under the seats showed everything including the seat showing things that a black wouldn't show as much. I found our black on grey with sport GX at our dealership in Charlotte and fell in love with it the grey leather looks so great with the dark maple wood and with the dark gauges. Sorry i don't have any pics of the inside though but, if you can check out your dealership and see if they have any car with black paint with either the ivory or black leather and compare them both and go from there. I say black all the way

Justin
Old 05-23-05, 06:46 PM
Joel888
Driver

Originally Posted by Lex7
Just purchased a 05 sport black on grey. After owning an IS with ivory interior for 2 years I couldn't own another one. The panels under the seats showed everything including the seat showing things that a black wouldn't show as much. I found our black on grey with sport GX at our dealership in Charlotte and fell in love with it the grey leather looks so great with the dark maple wood and with the dark gauges. Sorry i don't have any pics of the inside though but, if you can check out your dealership and see if they have any car with black paint with either the ivory or black leather and compare them both and go from there. I say black all the way

Justin
Yeah, I just worry that whenever someone wears a dark color jeans, the color will get onto the ivory leather. But gray color can hide much better.
Old 05-24-05, 12:06 PM
loflin
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gx470atl
My friend just got one for his wife, it looks as perfect as it could. IMHO ivory would look totally out of place. black exterior with chacoal gray with the highlights of the black wood and polished aluminum sport package........I wished I had waited. And not to mention the front bumper accessory........

oh he paid 50,250 for his msrp was 59k (demo with 4950 miles)
Of course color choice is a very personal one, but did you sit/drive in an Ivory Sport Edition?

We did in both. As I said, for OUR taste, the gray on gray on black on metal was just too colorless.

At first, we also did have trepidation on Ivory Sport, as the only picture avail (this was last Nov) was a tiny one in the BYO web app. But once we could sit and drive one, it was clear to us.
Old 05-24-05, 12:08 PM
loflin
Pole Position

Yeah, I just worry that whenever someone wears a dark color jeans, the color will get onto the ivory leather. But gray color can hide much better.
I had an SC430 with ECRU (that's practically white) for 4 years, jeans all the time (including damp ones more than once). There was no color transfer.
Old 05-24-05, 12:11 PM
loflin
Pole Position

Unfortunately Lexus.com do not have Sport Package for me to build (strange).
Joel88, you have to realize that when you put in your zip code (as you are forced to do), it will only show inventory in that greater area. It explains this in the text.

So if you are just playing around with different packages and pricing, then put in zip codes for other major cities (LA, NY, Dallas, Miami). You will get other packages to build from.

So, also, when you try a week or two later, with your zip code, you will not find the same packages available.
Old 05-24-05, 12:28 PM
Joel888
Driver

Thumbs up

Guess what guys...One of the local dealer just emailed me that he has several GXs in stock with gray leather interior w/ sport pkg black maple trim.

He also offered to sell one of these MSRP at $56,148 for $50K. Is this a good deal or I can do better?
Old 05-24-05, 12:39 PM
Joel888
Driver

Smile

Originally Posted by loflin
Joel88, you have to realize that when you put in your zip code (as you are forced to do), it will only show inventory in that greater area. It explains this in the text.

So if you are just playing around with different packages and pricing, then put in zip codes for other major cities (LA, NY, Dallas, Miami). You will get other packages to build from.

So, also, when you try a week or two later, with your zip code, you will not find the same packages available.
loflin, you are right!

I put in zipcode of Ohio and now the website allows me to configure the sport package and also shows me the gray sport interior.

Thanks!
Old 05-24-05, 01:43 PM
Bronsteen
Driver School Candidate

Who is the dealer in NY that can get them?

Quick Reply: Anyone has Sport Pkg with Gray interior?