GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Introducing myself

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-05, 12:27 PM
bliksem
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Introducing myself

Ok guys just to intro myself, noob on this board. Just go the GX this weekend after months of "planning". I have an 03 4Runner LTD V8 and like the platform quite a lot. But needed to get rid of my GFs Freelander, which we bought because it was quite ( the 3 door model with droptop roof, and dont ask...) SO we traded the Freelander for the GX. There is a lot of similarities between the 4Runner and the GX and also a lot of differences, but the platform has been very solid so far on the 4Runner ofter numerous offroad trips.

Below some pics of the new baby.

Our dog Bliksem testing out the new ride

Side by side
Old 05-16-05, 04:04 PM
98Nav400
Driver

Welcome...After putting some miles on the GX, I would be interested in hearing about the differences between the two.
Old 05-16-05, 04:59 PM
angelslex
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Your New Baby

WELCOME. you have some good taste in color.
Attached Thumbnails Introducing myself-dsc00777.jpg  
Old 05-16-05, 06:31 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

welcome to CL

congrats on the ride

your dog had to have some help getting up there

keeping it stock ???

johnny
Old 05-16-05, 07:03 PM
TexGX
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congradulations,

She is nice. Now who drives the GX and who drives the 4R? When are you going to take the GX off-road? I am interested to see if you think the sliders on your 4R would work on the GX. I am still trying to find some for the GX. I need to send Hanna pics of the underbody.

TexGX

Last edited by TexGX; 05-16-05 at 07:06 PM.
Old 05-16-05, 10:18 PM
bliksem
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by angelslex
WELCOME. you have some good taste in color.
Oh man that is funny!!! Good choice on the colors
Old 05-16-05, 10:22 PM
bliksem
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by T.L.W.
welcome to CL

congrats on the ride

your dog had to have some help getting up there

keeping it stock ???

johnny
He can get up there if he really wants to, but at the moment I just picked him up. He scratched the paint on the 4Runner getting up there, when it was stock, so I'm not going to risk it. Besides he likes the 4Runner better at the moment, roll down rear window (the sulfur smell is not coming from the exhaust, if you know what I mean, bulldogs specialize in that department).

It will stay stock for quite some time (famous last words, I know)
Old 05-16-05, 10:24 PM
bliksem
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TexGX
Congradulations,

She is nice. Now who drives the GX and who drives the 4R? When are you going to take the GX off-road? I am interested to see if you think the sliders on your 4R would work on the GX. I am still trying to find some for the GX. I need to send Hanna pics of the underbody.

TexGX
Well the GF wil probably drive it more than me, since we traded her Freelander.

Yeah lets discuss the sliders via PM perhaps. I an take some measurements sometime and see on the GX. Unfortunately I dont have KDSS so I can't help in that area.
Old 05-17-05, 01:34 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bliksem
He can get up there if he really wants to, but at the moment I just picked him up. He scratched the paint on the 4Runner getting up there, when it was stock, so I'm not going to risk it. Besides he likes the 4Runner better at the moment, roll down rear window (the sulfur smell is not coming from the exhaust, if you know what I mean, bulldogs specialize in that department).

It will stay stock for quite some time (famous last words, I know)

hahaha yeah i know
but atleast he gives you someone to blame

congrats again

i had a 2000 4 runner for 4 years .....then got the Lexus ....when the FJ cruiser comes out

that will be my daily
Old 05-21-05, 11:18 AM
GS3Tek

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts
Talking

Welcome bliksem A little late to the welcome wagon here
Your dog seems very contented in his spot

When I don't use the 3rd row, I put the seat on the right side down b/c it blocks the view in the rear.

You mind me asking if bliksem have any meaning?
Old 05-21-05, 05:12 PM
bliksem
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
Welcome bliksem A little late to the welcome wagon here
Your dog seems very contented in his spot

When I don't use the 3rd row, I put the seat on the right side down b/c it blocks the view in the rear.

You mind me asking if bliksem have any meaning?
Thx.

Bliksem is my dog's name. Loosely translated it means naughty bugger, which is appropiate for him
Old 05-21-05, 06:08 PM
mm25fx35
Rookie

Bliksem,
I have a quesion for you. Since both Vehicles share the same platform, can you tell if the front end of the frames are pretty similar? The reason why I ask is because my wife and I have been looking for accessories for the front end of our GX, but we have had a difficult time. There are a ton of accessories and products like westin bullbar, Jaos products and front grille guards for the 4-runner (03-05) but nothing for the GX. Since you have both in your garage you're in a unique spot to be able to compare the underside and clearance of the bumpers. I'm in process of contacting Westin to see if the 2.5" bull bar would fit the GX since there is an application for the 4runner. I have contacted JAOS and after 2 weeks they finally wrote back and said that grille guards might fit but may require some modification.

sorry about the long thread but i'm excited about dressing up the GX!!

thanks!
Old 05-21-05, 09:05 PM
yaro1
Lead Lap

Smile Welcome

Welcome. I am absolutely sure you will love the GX. I cannot be any happier with mine. A few small CLASSY mods and you will have the ultimate ride. Good luck! Enjoy.

By the way, that is a VERY nice color choice; I should think of getting that color. LOL

ENJOY
Old 05-21-05, 10:07 PM
TexGX
Rookie

mm25fx35,

I have the Manik grill guard on my GX. I remembering finding one or two more when I was looking. I attached the pic of mine for you.

TexGX
Attached Thumbnails Introducing myself-grill-guard.jpg  
Old 05-21-05, 11:49 PM
bliksem
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mm25fx35
Bliksem,
I have a quesion for you. Since both Vehicles share the same platform, can you tell if the front end of the frames are pretty similar? The reason why I ask is because my wife and I have been looking for accessories for the front end of our GX, but we have had a difficult time. There are a ton of accessories and products like westin bullbar, Jaos products and front grille guards for the 4-runner (03-05) but nothing for the GX. Since you have both in your garage you're in a unique spot to be able to compare the underside and clearance of the bumpers. I'm in process of contacting Westin to see if the 2.5" bull bar would fit the GX since there is an application for the 4runner. I have contacted JAOS and after 2 weeks they finally wrote back and said that grille guards might fit but may require some modification.

sorry about the long thread but i'm excited about dressing up the GX!!

thanks!
I had a quick look earlier and the bumpers are different, it seems the GX is a bit lower around the front.. I will see if I can get a better measure tomorrow or so.

TexGX already posted his, maybe he can give the other ones as well.

Quick Reply: Introducing myself