GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Kinetic suspension not available as standalone option?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-05, 08:00 PM
DSW
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kinetic suspension not available as standalone option?

I just got back from a dealer. They are telling me that Kinetic suspension is not available as a standalone option. It's only available with the sports package. That really sux because the sport package is not available in the color I want (Blizzard Pearl)

anyone have any contradicting info?
Old 02-17-05, 05:21 AM
CdeFabio
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The Lexus web site shows it as a separate option... Maybe your dealer just does not want to do a custom order. You sure picked a great color , I love my Blizzard Pearl! Let us know what you find out because I have thought of upgrading with one that has KDSS but do not want the sport option or 3rd row seat.
Old 02-17-05, 08:37 AM
DSW
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CdeFabio
The Lexus web site shows it as a separate option... Maybe your dealer just does not want to do a custom order. You sure picked a great color , I love my Blizzard Pearl! Let us know what you find out because I have thought of upgrading with one that has KDSS but do not want the sport option or 3rd row seat.

Yes you are correct. Lexus does show it as an individual option. I will point this out to the dealer.
Old 02-17-05, 02:21 PM
First_GX
Driver School Candidate

My dealer told me the same thing. To get the Kinetics option you have to get the Sports Package. Also, they went further and told me that it comes from the Factory will the DVD Entertainment system. So, to get and 05 GX-470 I would be forrced to get :

- 3rd row seating
- DVD Entertainment
- Sports Package
(Options I do not want)

Combine that with a lesser discount for this type of vehicle and the total difference in prices was over $5,000!!!!! No thanks. I just ordreed an 05' without Kinetics. I also approached 2 dealerships with the same results.

This is my first Lexus (BMW and Acura guy), I hope the GX-470 is better than the sales process.

Al
Old 02-17-05, 02:33 PM
stl2chi
Rookie

Folks.... I have a different story.

My wife and I are not a fan of the "sports package" cosmetics nor did we want the RESS, but I wanted the KDDS.

I surfed the web including this forum. Then in December, I placed an order for the following:
2005 GX470
Blue Meridian with Ivory
ML - Navi
3rd row
KDDS
Rear Spoiler
Tow Hitch
Chrome Tips

- I have not received yet, however, as of last week..... Per the dealer, they have
gotten confirmation that it will be built the last week of FEB.
So if things work as planned, I should have the new truck by end of March, First of April...... I hope so, since I am selling the 99 4Runner this weekend.

Good forum..... I have been lurking for months!!
Old 02-17-05, 08:33 PM
luckylex
Rookie

Originally Posted by stl2chi

My wife and I are not a fan of the "sports package" cosmetics nor did we want the RESS, but I wanted the KDDS.

I surfed the web including this forum. Then in December, I placed an order for the following:
2005 GX470
Blue Meridian with Ivory
ML - Navi
3rd row
KDDS
Rear Spoiler
Tow Hitch
Chrome Tips

- I have not received yet, however, as of last week..... Per the dealer, they have
So if things work as planned, I should have the new truck by end of March, First of April...... I hope so, since I am selling the 99 4Runner this weekend.

Congrats! You will LOVE it!

I picked up my '05 w/sport package on new years eve. Initially I wasn't all that interestsed in the sport package, but took this vehicle because I needed to purchase by end of year and this was the only one available with the other options I wanted. Boy, am I glad I did. The KDSS is awesome. I never thought that I would notice something like that, but it's an unbelievably huge difference from what I was used to. I haven't driven other GX's without it so I can't compare to those, but I do love the handling!

Old 02-18-05, 05:20 AM
CdeFabio
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stl2chi

2005 GX470
Blue Meridian with Ivory
ML - Navi
3rd row
KDDS
Rear Spoiler
Tow Hitch
Chrome Tips

Great to hear! I just want KDSS and NAV so it sounds like they can order them, the dealers just don't always want to. Enjoy your new Lexus when it gets here this spring!