GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Climate control question/problem?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-05, 07:24 AM
StevenS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Climate control question/problem?

I own GX for almost a year now and decided to ask a question about strange behavior of climate control.
I noticed that even when you have you Climate control OFF, GX is still blowing air thru ventilations. If you have 70+ on your CC unit (even it is OFF) - you get hot air, if it is lover than 70 -
cool air, but it is no way to get rid of the air blow completely except as to close the ventilation.
Also, in order for you to get a cooler air, you have to turn Climate Control on, then change the temperature to be lower and then turn it off (this is because CC unit don't accept you temperature settings in OFF position.
Is it a issue with all GXs, and what everyone do about it.
Old 01-18-05, 07:48 AM
Gohawks63
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Noticed the same thing on my LC.
Old 01-18-05, 11:38 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by StevenS
I own GX for almost a year now and decided to ask a question about strange behavior of climate control.
I noticed that even when you have you Climate control OFF, GX is still blowing air thru ventilations. If you have 70+ on your CC unit (even it is OFF) - you get hot air, if it is lover than 70 -
cool air, but it is no way to get rid of the air blow completely except as to close the ventilation.
Also, in order for you to get a cooler air, you have to turn Climate Control on, then change the temperature to be lower and then turn it off (this is because CC unit don't accept you temperature settings in OFF position.
Is it a issue with all GXs, and what everyone do about it.
When you have it OFF, is it still on outside air mode? Because if it is, you're allowing air to come in when you're driving. YOu need to switch it to recirculating mode (inside air), which closes off the vent.

The 2nd part is true for other cars too. Same thing in my GS, temperature is at that level with the outside air venting in and CC OFF. This is what I know, hope it helps
Old 01-18-05, 01:42 PM
SacKen
Driver

GS3Tek is right, and this is common in many modern climate control systems in cars. If you have the system set to let outside air in, you should notice the air blowing in only when driving and not when at a stop. The temp of the air and which vents the air comes out of is determined by whatever the settings were before you turned the climate control off.
Old 06-14-05, 06:32 PM
maaloxx
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
When you have it OFF, is it still on outside air mode? Because if it is, you're allowing air to come in when you're driving. YOu need to switch it to recirculating mode (inside air), which closes off the vent.

The 2nd part is true for other cars too. Same thing in my GS, temperature is at that level with the outside air venting in and CC OFF. This is what I know, hope it helps

What about memory functions. Somehow I lost my memory functions in my AC controls and my Seats
Old 06-15-05, 11:03 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by maaloxx
What about memory functions. Somehow I lost my memory functions in my AC controls and my Seats
I'm not sure what you mean?
But if you lost memory functions regarding your seats and AC on each start-up means that memory in not stored, so a blown fuse?

Let me ask the obvious question, you did hold "set" then either #1 or #2 and heard a beep right?
Sorry if this is not answering your question.

I'm no tech, just trying to help, but not really understanding your question???
Old 06-15-05, 06:49 PM
lonewolf69
Pole Position

Maalox,

Memory function only controls the seat position, steering wheel position and side mirrors thats it. Memory function does not control A/C settings, although that might NOT be such a bad idea!!!

You should submit that over to LEXUS R&D.... !!!
Old 06-15-05, 07:31 PM
super_cjc
Pole Position

Originally Posted by maaloxx
could it be a bad memory chip?
Old 06-18-05, 05:15 AM
Rx900
Lexus Test Driver

for now, you can't store in memory the A/C settings. only the seats, side mirrors, and steering wheel can be stored. and as mentioned, close the vents and the air will go away.
Old 06-20-05, 07:27 PM
maaloxx
Pole Position

Memory Seats still out...LOL..Haven't been able to locate a fuse. The AC memory i'm talking about is very subtle but it's there. What ever you have the AC settings to the car will remember the next time you start your car. I double checked this with my friend's and dad's GS. So, i'm thinking that the climate control unit has an ACC wire just like the radio. By the way....this is driving me crazy! LOL

G