GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

2005 Black GX w/ Sport Package Pics.

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-05, 08:35 PM
soonerdude
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Black GX w/ Sport Package Pics.

Finally got the pictures posted . Hope this helps for the people who are not sure what Black Maple looks like... It actually looks even better in person. The graphite rack is pretty cool. (Click below for Pics).

https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...cat/508/page/1

Last edited by soonerdude; 01-17-05 at 06:19 PM.
Old 01-09-05, 10:12 PM
gs400jon
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks for posting the pictures. Congratulations on your super GX. Can you describe the two vertical panels on either side of the Navigation please? Thanks.
Old 01-10-05, 03:19 AM
Kbach
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweeeeet.....what is the roof rack color?
Old 01-10-05, 06:30 AM
davidc1
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice indeed! Thanks for the pictures.
Old 01-10-05, 07:01 AM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

So thats what happen to the silver roof racks on the 4Runner Limited, they put them on the GX

Nice
Old 01-10-05, 12:29 PM
soonerdude
Driver School Candidate

The link for the pictures sometime locks up. The pictures are in the GX gallery section. The vertical panels adjacent to the Nav system is brushed steel in color. I wish it was all black maple. The black wood is very sharp looking, however the brushed steel blends well with the console.

Last edited by soonerdude; 01-10-05 at 05:00 PM.
Old 01-10-05, 02:04 PM
gs400jon
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by soonerdude
The link for the pictures sometime locks up. The pictures are in the GX gallery section. The vertical panels adjacent to the Nav system is brushed steel in color. I wish it was all black maple. The black wood is very sharp looking, however the brushed steel bends well with the console.
Thanks. I think the black maple panels would look better too. I wonder if they are some kind of carry over from the RX? Don't know why it would be
Old 01-10-05, 04:59 PM
soonerdude
Driver School Candidate

Just posted a few more pictures to be complete. Any suggestions of what kind of car wax or sealant I should use...Zaino?
Old 01-12-05, 05:04 PM
4everlexus
Rookie

Default LX or GX photo?

I am unclear as to whether or not the height control is standard on the GX or part of one of the option packages?

Last edited by 4everlexus; 01-12-05 at 05:11 PM.
Old 01-12-05, 09:20 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Hey Soonerdude,

Thanks for posting those great photos. I have been using them for my desktop wall paper as I was waiting for mine to come in. I just picked it up yesterday (Black / Ivory - Non Sport) and I have to say this 2005 GX470 is awesome and the black color looks great!

Congrats again and enjoy the ride. Black Exteriors are worth it!
Old 01-13-05, 06:46 AM
GX470Blue
Driver School Candidate

very niiice!
Old 01-13-05, 11:52 AM
loflin
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 4everlexus
I am unclear as to whether or not the height control is standard on the GX or part of one of the option packages?

Standard.

BTW, I don't find it that useful in everyday use. It does not "remember" your setting. Everytime you start the car or go over 20 mph it resets to normal. I believe it really is to be used for real "offroading" (that is you want to drop the height for slightly different CoG or you want to raise it for more clearance). The "salespitch" was it would make it easier for the wife to load groceries, but trying to train someone to remember to hit the switch each time to get a whole 0.8 inch lower, doesn't really work (for me).
Old 01-13-05, 01:56 PM
SacKen
Driver

Originally Posted by loflin
Standard.

BTW, I don't find it that useful in everyday use. It does not "remember" your setting. Everytime you start the car or go over 20 mph it resets to normal. I believe it really is to be used for real "offroading" (that is you want to drop the height for slightly different CoG or you want to raise it for more clearance). The "salespitch" was it would make it easier for the wife to load groceries, but trying to train someone to remember to hit the switch each time to get a whole 0.8 inch lower, doesn't really work (for me).
The GX auto-lowers to the lowest setting when you get out. You can hear the air releasing near the rear.

Besides offroading, I have also used the height adjustment to connect and disconnect from my boat. Back up, lower the rear then put back to normal after the ball is under the boat. Reverse to disconnect from the boat. Reduces all the hand-cranking... yes I'm lazy
Old 01-13-05, 04:11 PM
soonerdude
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lexguynj
Hey Soonerdude,

Thanks for posting those great photos. I have been using them for my desktop wall paper as I was waiting for mine to come in. I just picked it up yesterday (Black / Ivory - Non Sport) and I have to say this 2005 GX470 is awesome and the black color looks great!

Congrats again and enjoy the ride. Black Exteriors are worth it!
Lexguynj,

I am glad you enjoyed the pictures. I totally agree with you on the black exterior...very classy and sharp. I also congrats on your new GX enjoy. I am discovering new things everyday about this awesome car!

If you got the DVD Nav system try out the automatic voice recognition. It is a cool toy. Click on the button (with a face) in the lower right corner on the steering wheel and dictate a command. Say "DVD" to turn on the DVD player. Say "70 degrees" and the climate control will set the temperature to 70 degrees. "radio" will turn on the radio. "seafood" will mark seaford restuarant on the map....etc. There is a long list of commands in the manual and on the help list after you press the "speaking face" button on the steering wheel. It is pretty cool. You'll impress your friends .
Old 01-17-05, 11:14 AM
4everlexus
Rookie

Default Tow

Originally Posted by soonerdude
Finally got the pictures posted . Hope this helps for the people who are not sure what Black Maple looks like... It actually looks even better in person. The graphite rack is pretty cool. (Click below for Pics).

Hey Soonerdude:

Is your tow hitch an aftermarket install?

Thanks...

Quick Reply: 2005 Black GX w/ Sport Package Pics.