GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Another GX newbie

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-05, 10:52 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts
Talking Another GX newbie

Well my GX Brethrens. I am now officially a GX owner

My wife and I picked up our GX in the bright and sunny weather yesterday

Our 05 GX:
Ash blue mica with grey interior.
Nav/ ML/ 3rd row seat/ rear spoiler/ chrome exhaust tip/ tow hitch

We we're so wishy-washy on the exterior colors that we literally went down the list:
First ash blue mica, then black, then blue meridian, then white, then silver, and finally back to ash blue mica

We picked it up yesterday in the rain, so we had a chance to use the automatic rain sensor wiper. This was a cool feature b/c we haven't had this feature b4.Talking about getting lazier and lazier

We didn't get the weathermat (not like we expected to) so our salesman flipped the carpet mat over, exposing the rubber side-I never thought about that!!

It was easier to get into the 3rd row than our friend's Yukon, of course his 3rd row was roomier.

I had the suspension on the stiffest and was still comfortable and very maneuverable. Seems perfect so don't know how much of a difference with the kdss

You could change the screen color to 5? different background color.

I wonder if anyone knows that the 05 have the 15 degree headlight tilt?

Not sure what Lexus thought of this but they should at least reverse the swing of the tailgate. They should have the opening to the right side where you can unload to the right side, facing the sidewalk. It seems safer than having to unload, let's say, your luggages to the left side where the streets and cars are???

As soon as this rain clears up, I will post up pictures.

I can now post up as a GX owner.......no more lurking

sorry for the long post, just tooooo excited!!!
I also got to keep the GS (wasn't worth the trade in~$11k)
Old 01-08-05, 11:10 AM
yaro1
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome and good luck!!! Love my Lexus!!
Old 01-08-05, 03:09 PM
Kash
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congrats on ur new purchase!! hope to see you participate
Old 01-09-05, 08:42 AM
Rx900
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i duno, but it seems like Lexus has sold more GX470s than Rx330s! (just my opinion seeing more GXs than Rx330s)
Old 01-09-05, 08:43 AM
Rx900
Lexus Test Driver

btw, congrats GS3tek
Old 01-10-05, 09:18 AM
GS3Tek

Talking

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome.
I got to play with the voice function of the navigation a little bit this weekend. I was able to switch the car's position on the nav screen where it always faces up (which I like), rather than in accordance to the "North" direction. I found it by accident b/c I was saying "Navigation on".

I do see a lot more GX than LX and RX also

I 'll post pix when this rain clears up
Old 01-10-05, 10:35 AM
ShakMan
Rookie

Welcome and hope to see pictures soon !!
Old 01-10-05, 02:24 PM
luckylex
Rookie

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
We picked it up yesterday in the rain, so we had a chance to use the automatic rain sensor wiper. This was a cool feature b/c we haven't had this feature b4.Talking about getting lazier and lazier
This is one feature I have not been crazy about. It seems like the wipers are constantly going, even when there is only a slight drizzle/snow and on the least sensitivity. I miss the good ol' intermitent wiper. Does anyone know if the auto wiper sensitivity can be adjusted? I know the auto light sensitivity can be adjusted, but haven't seen anything about the wipers.

And congrats on the GX purchase!!
Old 02-03-05, 11:03 PM
dcdomain
Driver School Candidate

GS3Tek, I pretty much have the same car as you, picked it up today as a matter of fact. Could you tell me how much the chrome exhaust tip was? I've been looking all over the net and I can't seem to find a place that sells it. I found an eBay auction for a 4Runner chrome exhaust tip, not sure if they use the same exhaust system as the GX though. Thanks! If it's cheap enough, I might just get it from the dealership. Just ordered a cargo liner, trying to see what else it needs...
Old 02-04-05, 07:51 AM
davidc1
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by luckylex
This is one feature I have not been crazy about. It seems like the wipers are constantly going, even when there is only a slight drizzle/snow and on the least sensitivity. I miss the good ol' intermitent wiper. Does anyone know if the auto wiper sensitivity can be adjusted? I know the auto light sensitivity can be adjusted, but haven't seen anything about the wipers.

And congrats on the GX purchase!!

Yes, you can adjust the sensitivity. There is a dial on the stalk. You probably have it on high.
Old 02-04-05, 12:37 PM
gs400jon
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by dcdomain
GS3Tek, I pretty much have the same car as you, picked it up today as a matter of fact. Could you tell me how much the chrome exhaust tip was? I've been looking all over the net and I can't seem to find a place that sells it. I found an eBay auction for a 4Runner chrome exhaust tip, not sure if they use the same exhaust system as the GX though. Thanks! If it's cheap enough, I might just get it from the dealership. Just ordered a cargo liner, trying to see what else it needs...
Out here last year, the stainless steel exhaust tip was about $85 retail, at the Lexus dealership.
Old 02-04-05, 01:01 PM
Capirato
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default GX 470 Exhaust Tip

Originally Posted by gs400jon

Out here last year, the stainless steel exhaust tip was about $85 retail, at the Lexus dealership.
GS.....

Go to the following and look for my post. There you will see a link for the 4-Runner.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ht=exhaust+tip

~ Cap
Old 02-04-05, 06:57 PM
gs400jon
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Capirato
GS.....

Go to the following and look for my post. There you will see a link for the 4-Runner.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ht=exhaust+tip

~ Cap
OK. I was just saying what the retail price was. What a memory. I was 71 cents off from what I posted in your above link. As I said in that same link, I ended up paying the Lexus dealer $45 plus tax and no shipping cost.
Old 02-05-05, 09:04 AM
GS3Tek

Talking

Originally Posted by dcdomain
Congrats dcdomain
Seems like most of our GX members answered before I could
And if you still want to check around, I believe pep-boys and other auto supplies should have them also for less than $50 and they're clamped on.

Wow, I better get some pictures up, the sun's been pretty warm lately

I found this on l-tuned website for $60:

http://www.l-tunedparts.com/model/st...d=11&cat_id=10

Last edited by GS3Tek; 02-05-05 at 09:09 AM.
Old 02-07-05, 03:15 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

GS3Tek,

Sorry for the late chime in, however Congrats on your new 05 GX470!

What an awesome truck and nice color combination!

Quick Reply: Another GX newbie