GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Maintenance Manual

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-04, 10:43 PM
MarcP
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maintenance Manual

Kind of a dumb question... after going through the mountain of manuals that came with my GX, I noticed I do not appear to have a Supplemental Maintenance Manual?? The main owners manual references it - but it is nowhere to be found. Did you all get this and should I bug my dealer about it? Was it in the leather binder with the other manuals?
Old 12-31-04, 11:34 PM
gs400jon
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by MarcP
Kind of a dumb question... after going through the mountain of manuals that came with my GX, I noticed I do not appear to have a Supplemental Maintenance Manual?? The main owners manual references it - but it is nowhere to be found. Did you all get this and should I bug my dealer about it? Was it in the leather binder with the other manuals?
Yes, that manual should have been in the binder. Ask the dealer to give you a manual from another GX if there's one on the lot.
Old 12-31-04, 11:41 PM
Rx900
Lexus Test Driver

yup, i did
Old 01-01-05, 12:20 PM
MarcP
Driver

Originally Posted by gs400jon
Yes, that manual should have been in the binder. Ask the dealer to give you a manual from another GX if there's one on the lot.
Thanks - since I'm going to bug my dealer is there anything else I'm missing? I have the following:

Main Owners Manual
Navigation Owners Manual
Navigation Quick Reference
Navigation CD Demo
Lemon Law Supplement
Lexus Pen
Old 01-01-05, 01:29 PM
Rx900
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks - since I'm going to bug my dealer is there anything else I'm missing? I have the following:

Main Owners Manual
Navigation Owners Manual
Navigation Quick Reference
Navigation CD Demo
Lemon Law Supplement
Lexus Pen
the little bag for the manual??
Old 01-02-05, 07:36 AM
luckylex
Rookie

The Supplement also contains all of the warranty information. I can't believe they missed that! It has a maintenance schedule that they can sign off on when you have maintenance service done so that you have an "official" record of the regular maintenance being performed.

Also, I have something (like a brochure) for Lexus Roadside Service (good for 4 years). Do you have that? If not, maybe your dealer doesn't participate? You should inquire about that too.

I noticed that there is nothing that provides a "list" of commands for the Speech Command. Can that only be found on the navi system help?

Last edited by luckylex; 01-02-05 at 07:39 AM.
Old 01-02-05, 07:39 AM
luckylex
Rookie

Originally Posted by Rx900
the little bag for the manual??
It came in a big box, embossed with the dealer info.
Old 01-03-05, 07:41 AM
MarcP
Driver

Originally Posted by luckylex
I noticed that there is nothing that provides a "list" of commands for the Speech Command. Can that only be found on the navi system help?
I didn't find anything printed as well - seems odd, but the nav system help button does have a lot of info... does the maintenance supplement you have look like the other books - ie. nav supplement, etc.? Also, did you get any info on the personalized settings?

Last edited by MarcP; 01-03-05 at 07:50 AM.
Old 01-03-05, 06:45 PM
luckylex
Rookie

I didn't find anything printed as well - seems odd, but the nav system help button does have a lot of info... does the maintenance supplement you have look like the other books - ie. nav supplement, etc.? Also, did you get any info on the personalized settings?
Yes, the maintenance supplement looks like the other manuals, same type of cover. In size it is a little bigger than the navi manual.

I didn't get anything with the materials about the personal settings, but I had pretty much researched it on the web sites so my guy might have thought I was already knowledgeable. However, he insisted that I wait until driving for a while before changing any settings to get a better feel for what I want.
Old 01-03-05, 07:01 PM
MarcP
Driver

Originally Posted by luckylex
Yes, the maintenance supplement looks like the other manuals, same type of cover. In size it is a little bigger than the navi manual.

I didn't get anything with the materials about the personal settings, but I had pretty much researched it on the web sites so my guy might have thought I was already knowledgeable. However, he insisted that I wait until driving for a while before changing any settings to get a better feel for what I want.
Thanks for the reply - I stopped by the dealer as they had my maintenance manual (somehow it got misplaced during the delivery).

I asked for something on the personalization and she gave me a flyer with the same options I've seen on the web as well - let me know if you want any info but I'm sure it's the same as what you've seen.

Are you still as excited about your GX? I'm really happy with mine - do you have any pictures?
Old 01-03-05, 07:11 PM
ShakMan
Rookie

Here is what came with my GX

Lexus Owners Guide
Lexus Owners Manual Supplemental (which contains the scheduled maintenance logs)
Lexus Owners Manual Supplement (Lemon Law Guide)
Lexus Navigational System Owners Manual
Lexus Navigational System Quick Reference Guide
Lexus Navigational System DVD-ROM
Lexus Dealer Maintenance Guide
Lexus Extra Care Guide
Gold Pen
Leather Binder with embossed Lexus Logo
Old 01-03-05, 07:25 PM
Tengbt
Driver School Candidate

...also included in my binder was the McGard wheel lock ID# card and registration. dealer pbly put in there for me.
Old 01-03-05, 07:48 PM
luckylex
Rookie

Originally Posted by ShakMan
Here is what came with my GX

Lexus Owners Guide
Lexus Owners Manual Supplemental (which contains the scheduled maintenance logs)
Lexus Owners Manual Supplement (Lemon Law Guide)
Lexus Navigational System Owners Manual
Lexus Navigational System Quick Reference Guide
Lexus Navigational System DVD-ROM
Lexus Dealer Maintenance Guide
Lexus Extra Care Guide
Gold Pen
Leather Binder with embossed Lexus Logo
In addition to the brochure for Lexus Roadside Service, the box from my dealer also included a chamois and a card for first "ding" fixed free (good for 90 days) LOL!

Yes Marc, I'm loving it. Due to the holiday weekend today was the first day I really got to put some miles on it. Spent much of the time learning the voice commands and playing with everything. Probably won't have time to do any picture taking and uploading until end of this week.

If there is one "complaint" I have, it is the lack of storage compartments. My last SUV had compartments under the carpet in the rear cargo space, where I kept some things like jumper cables, a tool kit (I know, we got one, but it is limited), some other stuff. There is limited storage space in the GX.

Speaking of storage, where do people "store" the wireless headphones?
Old 01-04-05, 04:45 PM
Kbach
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Store them in the pockets on each rear door. Need to watch that they don't fall out.