GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

My Awesome 2005 BLACK GX is here!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-04, 07:36 AM
soonerdude
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Awesome 2005 BLACK GX is here!

Got it last night. It is completely loaded with the sport package with grey leather, black maple eye wood, dvd and everything imaginable! It looks swweeeeet! I tell you what, this is my first Lexus and also my first black car. The black is the way to go... really pops out at you and very slick and classy looking. I dont mind the extra time of keeping it clean. Also I was able to get a great deal on car insurance through Progressive. All-State wanted ~$1000 per 6 months. Progressive quoted me ~$400. Now I am a Progressive customer.

The sport package is very nice. Very distinctive in appearance. The graphite overhead luggage rack is very cool. In my opinion, the black maple wood is sportier and younger looking than the orangy wood. I'll post some pictures later...
Old 12-30-04, 08:40 AM
Rx900
Lexus Test Driver

congrats and enjoy! (how many times have i said those 3 words for this month, hmm.)
Old 12-30-04, 09:12 AM
soonerdude
Driver School Candidate

I guess the 2005 GX are starting to trickle into the states. Just wondering where everybody is getting their from. I got mine in Fort Worth, TX.
Old 12-30-04, 10:59 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Congratulations That's an awesome color combo you got there too.
I initially wanted what you have, but started to steer away into the blue ash mica with gray....but blue ash doesn't have the sports edition....boooo
I will be joining the GX clan pretty soon.
Old 12-30-04, 01:42 PM
luckylex
Rookie

Congrats!

My '05 Silver w/sports package is in and I am picking up tomorrow!

woo hoo
Old 12-30-04, 01:45 PM
RAM MAN
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
Congratulations That's an awesome color combo you got there too.
I initially wanted what you have, but started to steer away into the blue ash mica with gray....but blue ash doesn't have the sports edition....boooo
I will be joining the GX clan pretty soon.

My wife and I looked at a 05' Ash Blue Mica / Gray with the sports and chrome wheels. My wife didnt like the black looking wood. But we saw it in person at Kuni Lexus in Colorado 2 weeks ago.

KBB shows you cant get the sports in White or Gold

Last edited by RAM MAN; 12-30-04 at 02:03 PM.
Old 12-30-04, 01:57 PM
GrdnRxR
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by luckylex
Congrats!

My '05 Silver w/sports package is in and I am picking up tomorrow!

woo hoo

pictures... we want to see pictures !!!
Old 12-30-04, 02:56 PM
Capirato
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I believe that the Sport's Model comes in Silver, Light Blue, Dark Blue and Black.

~ Cap
Old 12-30-04, 03:39 PM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Capirato
I believe that the Sport's Model comes in Silver, Light Blue, Dark Blue and Black.

~ Cap
Light Blue -> Ash Blue
Dark Blue -> Blue Meridian
Silver - Silver Pine Metallic

I assume this is what you mean Cap?
Old 12-30-04, 03:59 PM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by RAM MAN
My wife and I looked at a 05' Ash Blue Mica / Gray with the sports and chrome wheels. My wife didnt like the black looking wood. But we saw it in person at Kuni Lexus in Colorado 2 weeks ago.

KBB shows you cant get the sports in White or Gold
You and cap mentioned that the ash blue mica comes in sports, but when I asked the dealers, they said that it didn't come with the sports edition
Old 12-30-04, 04:23 PM
gs400jon
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

You and cap mentioned that the ash blue mica comes in sports, but when I asked the dealers, they said that it didn't come with the sports edition
According to the brochure, your dealers are wrong. Dorado Gold and Blizzard Pearl are not available with the Sports Package.
Old 12-30-04, 05:12 PM
GXtreme
Driver School Candidate

Not so fast my friend. I have the '05 ash blue mica w/ sport pak. Your local lexus dealer is trying to convince you not to buy somethng they do not have.
Old 12-31-04, 07:13 AM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Nice ride, black is the hawtness, about your insurance, can you give some info, man/woman, age, area you live in, Im with AllState and pay under 800 every 6 months for my loaded 4Runner and a secondary vehicle like a GX470 would run me an extra 400 every 6 months, Im 25 and 24 was the 1st year my insurance really dropped

Is the GX your only ride, either way good car nice insurance payment
Old 12-31-04, 07:53 AM
Rx900
Lexus Test Driver

I WANT A HYBRID GX!!!
Old 01-01-05, 10:54 PM
lourdes
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by soonerdude
Got it last night. It is completely loaded with the sport package with grey leather, black maple eye wood, dvd and everything imaginable! It looks swweeeeet! I tell you what, this is my first Lexus and also my first black car. The black is the way to go... really pops out at you and very slick and classy looking. I dont mind the extra time of keeping it clean. Also I was able to get a great deal on car insurance through Progressive. All-State wanted ~$1000 per 6 months. Progressive quoted me ~$400. Now I am a Progressive customer.

The sport package is very nice. Very distinctive in appearance. The graphite overhead luggage rack is very cool. In my opinion, the black maple wood is sportier and younger looking than the orangy wood. I'll post some pictures later...
CONGRATS !! You will love this car. We bought a 2004 Black one, fully loaded as well, and when the Black is clean, polished and waxed, it is absolutely STUNNING. Looks like I need to talk to Progressive as well :cry

We love the DVD player in the back, we hook the kids gamecube in it and they play away. The days are gone of actually looking out the window to see what the world looks like.

And how about that Lexus leather smell - nothing like it !!

Quick Reply: My Awesome 2005 BLACK GX is here!