GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Finally!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-04, 11:21 AM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats!

Nice GX
Old 12-31-04, 11:22 AM
gs400jon
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by MarcP
The floormats were a free gift from the dealer - I didn't realize until I got home that they weren't Lexus branded - they still seem to fit like O***s though - I can't complain because they were free after all.

I may look into "Catch-All" mats at some point - had them on my Explorer and really liked them.
I have the Lexus all weather mats and they're really nice. Yours are very similar to what I have in the ES330. Strangely enough, my dealer says Lexus doesn't make all weather mats for the ES so mine are aftermarket and quite satisfactory.
Old 12-31-04, 11:42 AM
MarcP
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gs400jon
I have the Lexus all weather mats and they're really nice. Yours are very similar to what I have in the ES330. Strangely enough, my dealer says Lexus doesn't make all weather mats for the ES so mine are aftermarket and quite satisfactory.
gs400jon,

Do you think the ones I received for free (weathertech) are comparable to the Lexus ones or should I look into getting the Lexus ones?
Old 12-31-04, 12:25 PM
Rx900
Lexus Test Driver

gs400jon,

Do you think the ones I received for free (weathertech) are comparable to the Lexus ones or should I look into getting the Lexus ones?
but did you get the LEXUS floor mats, did you?? weathertech mats are not bad, as long as they hold up when it comes to water and mud!
Old 12-31-04, 12:36 PM
MarcP
Driver

Originally Posted by Rx900
but did you get the LEXUS floor mats, did you?? weathertech mats are not bad, as long as they hold up when it comes to water and mud!
Yes - I do have the standard Lexus carpeted mats - not as impressed with them as I would have thought - I just don't want to feel stupid either because the dealer gave me Weathertech instead of Lexus all weather mats and I'm curious if the fit of the Lexus all weather mats is superior to the Weathertech ones.
Old 12-31-04, 01:07 PM
Rx900
Lexus Test Driver

Yes - I do have the standard Lexus carpeted mats - not as impressed with them as I would have thought - I just don't want to feel stupid either because the dealer gave me Weathertech instead of Lexus all weather mats and I'm curious if the fit of the Lexus all weather mats is superior to the Weathertech ones.
well if you get them for free, it's good enough! I think they are about the same size. only difference is the price of having an aftermarket mats, or having a LEXUS branded all-weather mats!
Old 12-31-04, 01:38 PM
gs400jon
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

gs400jon,

The Weathertech is certainly a good product. That's what I have in the ES330. The difference is that the Lexus all weather mats have the identical outline of the carpet mats so they are a perfect fit. Other than that, the weight and quality of both are about the same. I like the design of the Lexus all weather mats (has the anchoring holes also) so they stay in the truck all the time.
Old 01-01-05, 10:29 PM
steevr
Pole Position

I've got the weather tech mats also. They're made by MacNeil Industries down in Downer's Grove, IL. They've improved the GX set for the second row of seats. The ones we bought for my in-law's '04 GX over the summer had a small mat for each side of the 2nd row. The ones we bought in November for our GX are now wider and overlap in the middle. This works out great since my 3 kids usually all sit in the second row.

I've got the cargo mat for the rear also. I've been pretty happy with the entire set.

My '02 RX has a black set with the tan carpet and the mats have held up well after 3 years. My only complaint with the black is that you really see the white salt during the winter, but hey, better the salt on the mats than on the carpet.

Happy New Year to all of you on this great message board!!!
Old 01-06-05, 05:20 PM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by luckylex
Congrats Marc! Enjoy!

A little late, but congrats MarcP and luckylex on the new GX
I shalll be joining soooon.
Old 01-06-05, 07:13 PM
Gohawks63
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats!!

I have Weather Techs in my LC and I've been pleased.
Old 01-12-05, 09:27 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Hey Marc,

Your Silver GX470 looks great! Silver is a great color, next to black of course! HA! I picked up our Black 2005 GX470 yesterday and I am sure you feel the same way, it's awesome. It was well worth the wait. Congrats again and we'll continue to post our updates on the 2005 model!
Old 01-12-05, 10:11 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

gs400jon,

Hey Marc,

I will go for the OEM Lexus Weathermats and give them a try, however get the Weathertech Cargo / Trunk mat when you have the chance, since it's a great product. I just ordered it and used it for my previous vehicles.

So far I have found a 5% rebate going through www.ebates.com for www.autoanything.com and the overall price and shipping is slightly less as compared to going to the Weathertech site and buying this.
Old 01-13-05, 09:04 AM
ShakMan
Rookie

MarcP

Can you tell me if the rubber mats are placed on TOP of the original lexus carpets. I wanted to purchase them but was told that you could not place them on top of the carpets.

If they are on top of the carpets, any problems moving your seats

Thanks
Old 01-13-05, 09:28 AM
MarcP
Driver

Originally Posted by lexguynj
Hey Marc,

Your Silver GX470 looks great! Silver is a great color, next to black of course! HA! I picked up our Black 2005 GX470 yesterday and I am sure you feel the same way, it's awesome. It was well worth the wait. Congrats again and we'll continue to post our updates on the 2005 model!
Thanks for the compliment Cliff! Can't wait to see the pics of your new ride! Did you end up with the sport package?

It is awesome isn't it? Congratulations!!
Old 01-13-05, 09:30 AM
MarcP
Driver

Originally Posted by lexguynj
Hey Marc,

I will go for the OEM Lexus Weathermats and give them a try, however get the Weathertech Cargo / Trunk mat when you have the chance, since it's a great product. I just ordered it and used it for my previous vehicles.

So far I have found a 5% rebate going through www.ebates.com for www.autoanything.com and the overall price and shipping is slightly less as compared to going to the Weathertech site and buying this.
Cliff,

Let me know what you think of the Lexus mats - I'd like your opinion as I might change my weathertech ones if you think the Lexus ones are really good... too bad the weather where we live requires them!

Quick Reply: Finally!!!