GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Hello, Room

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-04, 06:20 PM
MDJAK
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello, Room

undefinedundefinedundefined Well, I'm going to welcome myself to this forum. Unfortunately, I don't own a Lexus. Not yet, anyway. My son drove my SC300 until he totaled it.

I now own a Touareg. (I can hear the booing and hissing already.) It is such a trouble prone car, that I am ready to trade it in for the GX. If it was trouble free, as the Lexus seems to be, it would be awesome, very powerful, and I love the look.

Now, I want the GX. I've been told, and it's been said, that forums naturally draw posts about problems. Other than a vibration and clunk problem I've seen here, there don't seem to be anything but very happy owners. That's certainly not the case on the vwvortex forum.

VW, good riddance. Lexus, Hello, Baby.
Old 12-28-04, 06:28 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Welcome to ClubLexus!
Old 12-28-04, 06:53 PM
MDJAK
Driver School Candidate

thanks, Dave. I see I have a long way to go to catch up to your post count. I have slightly over 2,000 on the VW forum. In fact, I just posted there regarding my reading of this forum and how it seems as if there are few if any problems and many happy owners. I hope to join the ranks soon. I just helped two friends negotiate excellent deals, one on an RX330 and the other on the SC430. The latter is who I purchased the used SC300 from.
Old 12-28-04, 07:35 PM
steevr
Pole Position

Hi MDJACK,

We've got an '02 RX and a 2 month old '04 GX. Both cars have been trouble free. My father in law also has an '04 GX and he's had no problems whatsoever. Trust me, you'll love the GX. I look for every possible opportunity to ****** it from my wife. Don't get me wrong, I love my RX, but the GX is just so smooth and quiet and I love that V8.

Welcome aboard.
Old 12-28-04, 08:02 PM
Capirato
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Welcome

Originally Posted by MDJAK

Now, I want the GX..
Welcome to ClubLexus.....

There are many registered members who haven't been able to post or reply, since the Upgrade. Most Posters and Repliers are Newbies to the Board.

What I did to be able to get back on, was to go to Start, then Search, then clicked on All Files and Folders. Then searched for all (*.txt) text files with the word (clublexus) in it. I then deleted the cookie files.

Then I loged onto Club Lexus as before, and to my surprise, I was able to log on.....

~ Cap
Old 12-29-04, 05:24 AM
CdeFabio
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile

Welcome to the club! You will love the GX, it is truly a great SUV. I have only had a few issues which the dealer fixed, Lexus service is the best! My wife has been looking for a new car and she used Lexus customer service as a benchmark to compare the different dealers we went to. We did not find very many that were in the same league! It really make you appreciate your Lexus even more!! Lexus service and attention to detail is amazing! Owning a Lexus is really a great experience, one that you will always be proud of.
Old 12-29-04, 06:36 AM
Rx900
Lexus Test Driver

WELCOME! Hope you don't run into any defects in your Gx!
Old 12-29-04, 06:37 AM
Rx900
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Capirato
Welcome to ClubLexus.....

There are many registered members who haven't been able to post or reply, since the Upgrade. Most Posters and Repliers are Newbies to the Board.

~ Cap
NEWBIES??? Well, for a second i thought you were a newbie (until i saw your register date ) Well I'm certainly am not a newbie BUT I only started posting here around feb 03 even though i registered in mar 02)
Old 12-29-04, 11:57 AM
rjfiore1
Driver

Thumbs up great ownership

Welcom to the Club! I'm new myself, but I can attest to the fact that the Lexus product is great! I do have to admit that the styling of most of the Lexus lineup is subtle and not very flashy, but they surely are relaxing and comfortable to drive. I think that the Lexus philosophy is to concentrate on ergonomics, comfort and reliability more than flashy designs. Don't misunderstand, they look better than most products, especially American (In my estimation)!! And the free unlimited HAND car washes, free vacuuming and window cleaning are the best!!!
Old 12-29-04, 02:34 PM
bareyb
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah. I looked pretty hard at the Toureg too... Guys like you who had so many problems just really turned me off of it. The new GX is awesome. It's a full on luxury vehicle and drives like a dream.Mine has 5k miles on it and it's perfect. No problems at all. They even did the 5k service right here at my house! In the driveway! No muss no fuss. No driving. No waitin' for a loaner. Too cool...
Old 12-29-04, 04:08 PM
Rx900
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rjfiore1
free vacuuming and window cleaning are the best!!!
free vacuuming? I don't get that here!
Old 12-29-04, 04:57 PM
MDJAK
Driver School Candidate

If It wasn't a copyright violation, I'd copy all of your posts and repost them on the VW forum. While many "Egg" owners love their Touaregs, me included, the poor dealer network coupled with the many problems with the car and their seeming inability to fix it or care if they fix it, soured me on ownership.
Old 12-29-04, 04:59 PM
Tony
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Trouble free here

Welcome to the forums. You will love the GX especially now that the 05 models have more horespower. I love my GX and have not had any of the problems that a few other members have had. I get the occasional clunking one in 200 stops but its so small that Im not worried about it. I have 8000k on my truck now and love it.

One thing I regret not getting was the KDSS I had one on order and it would of taken two months so when another GX was avaliable I bought it without the KDSS.

Even without KDSS I still think that its one of the best handling SUVs out on the market. I used to drive a BMW X5 4.4. So I really like stiff handling.