GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Wishlist

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-04, 09:20 AM
LexusPride
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Wishlist

I currently own a GS300 and am seriously considering a GX. I just had an RX330 as a loaner last week and noticed some things that I don't think the GX has, but please correct me if I'm mistaken:
1) illuminated doorsills (front and back I think)
2) illuminated interior door handles (nice touch)
3) modern dash and console (new GS going this route, current GX looks LX-like to me)
4) remote rear liftgate (nice touch)
5) illuminated cupholder

Things I wish GX would consider:
1) panoramic roof
2) HID (competitors in this class have them, so safety shouldn't be issue)
3) rear seat warmers please
4) DVD-Audio system
5) heat/cool seats
6) hot/cold cupholder

Having read that a refresh may be coming soon, I'm afraid to pull the trigger, and knowing some of these things listed are included on lower models makes me scratch my head that you can't even order them as options on the GX. Please enlighten!
Old 12-28-04, 07:40 PM
steevr
Pole Position

The GX does have the lighted door handles on all four doors and there is a light in the rear set of cupholders in the front console.

Don't let the lack of HID's discourage you. I put in two set of Xenon Depot's HID kits on both our and my father-in-law's GX's and it was totally plug and play (45 minute installation) and looks totally stock. Many of the members here have put them in.

Hope that helps.
Old 12-29-04, 06:45 AM
Rx900
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LexusPride
I currently own a GS300 and am seriously considering a GX. I just had an RX330 as a loaner last week and noticed some things that I don't think the GX has, but please correct me if I'm mistaken:
1) illuminated doorsills (front and back I think)
2) illuminated interior door handles (nice touch)
3) modern dash and console (new GS going this route, current GX looks LX-like to me)
4) remote rear liftgate (nice touch)
5) illuminated cupholder

Things I wish GX would consider:
1) panoramic roof
2) HID (competitors in this class have them, so safety shouldn't be issue)
3) rear seat warmers please
4) DVD-Audio system
5) heat/cool seats
6) hot/cold cupholder

Having read that a refresh may be coming soon, I'm afraid to pull the trigger, and knowing some of these things listed are included on lower models makes me scratch my head that you can't even order them as options on the GX. Please enlighten!

GX has the illuminated door handles, floor illumination, and two little lights from next to the map lights.

Modern dash?? You mean you want a silver trim instead of wood? Well go for the Sport Package!

Auto rear door, well maybe hazardous in some situation for a side opening door.

Yes there is an illuminated cupholder

HID, buy from the internet!

Rear seat heaters, well I know the X5 has that, but the only Lexus that has that is the LS

It does have RSES (rear seat entertainment system) and RSAS (rear seat audio system)

heat/cool seats, well the front has heaters on them. seat coolers for the summer you mean??

hot/cold cupholders, never seen a car with those.
Old 12-29-04, 07:15 AM
LexusPride
Lead Lap

I just don't understand why the RX has illuminated scuff plates (doorsills) and you can't even order them for the GX, BUT the SC has them?! The MB C-class has beverage heat/cool as does Acura from what I understand (A/C or heat is piped into the unit). A nice feature that only the LS has that wouldn't be expensive to carry over is the illuminated seatbelt holder, where you click your seatbelt into. When I talk about a modern dash, I mean the shape that Lexus is moving towards with the ES, the GS and the RX; more curves and less boxy. I assume a refresh in year 4 or 5 will address some of these though.
Old 12-29-04, 11:37 AM
rjfiore1
Driver

Default politics?

You know, I'm sure that Lexus could put all those features in. It could be a marketing thing? Or it could be that it they did all tose "glamorous" things, then where would the LX fit in? And of course, what would there be to aspire to in future model years??
Old 01-03-05, 04:52 PM
sphera
Driver School Candidate

How about power mirror retraction? Or is that something that breaks all the time so they didn't include it for reasons of potential maintenance nightmares?
Old 01-03-05, 07:45 PM
Tengbt
Driver School Candidate

although gx has many standard features, felt some simple ones were left out.
a) slot to hold quarters....
b) remote controlled rear panel windows (3rd row section)
c) memory setting for passenger seat