GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

XM .. again..

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-05, 02:35 PM
Capirato
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by darylhuff

On the web page the prices listed add up to something like $370 to get everything you'll need to get the system working with an iPod or an XM radio.
Check this out for a higher price.

~ Cap

http://www.vaistech.com/avic100x.html
Old 01-06-05, 12:23 PM
yaro1
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by looknow12
...and if your radio supports MD changer, you will have text on your
display.
Do we have and MD changer? (2004 GX with Navi)
Old 01-06-05, 02:45 PM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by yaro1
Do we have and MD changer? (2004 GX with Navi)
The ML system with Navigation does support MD according to Vais Tech.
Old 01-06-05, 08:12 PM
luckylex
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by darylhuff
The Vaistech web site lists 1/2005 as the release date. I'll warn you that until a few days ago the web site listed 12/2004 so things seem to still be a bit fluid. On the web page the prices listed add up to something like $370 to get everything you'll need to get the system working with an iPod or an XM radio. That's almost as much as a 40GB iPod. Check out http://www.vaistech.com/aic100i.html .
Would installing this mod void any warranty?
Old 01-07-05, 05:14 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by luckylex
I cannot see how it would. Anyways, if something ever failed and you need to take it back to the dealer, it's always a good idea to remove the device before doing so.

I am very curious... I believe that this product might be the one Lexus and Toyota will use for dealer installed Satellite options. If you recall the press release not to long ago, it's my hunch that a product like this would be the most likely candidate. If that is the case, Toyota may be have a contract ready for Vais Tech anyway. If they do, you know the answer to your warranty question.

Lucky, have you used XM before in your area? I notice you're located in Illinois. I've had no success with XM in the New England Area. This includes New York, Connecticut, Vermont, and Massachusetts. The signal strength on regular roads was horrible. Only on wide open roads like 95 and I91 could I receive uninterupted signal.
Old 01-07-05, 08:45 AM
Capirato
Racer

Default Nav-tv

I am very curious...
Looknow.....

I have NAV-TV which is similar. I use it to run my TV and DVD units on the Nav screen. Also has a game port.

I am wondering if I can just connect the Satellite Radio receiver to the NAV-TV module, somehow.

~ Cap
Old 01-07-05, 10:56 AM
darylhuff
Rookie

Probably only if they could prove that the addition of the Vais Tech unit caused the problem. Still, once I get this unit installed, if I ever have problems with the nav/sound system I'll probably pull the unit before taking it in for service just to avoid the questions.
Old 01-07-05, 04:53 PM
Randy20g
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looknow, I live in Orange County, NY. I have no problems with XM at all here, and in Rockland. Drove to Foxwoods on tuesday. Had one drop out the entire route.
Old 01-07-05, 11:38 PM
Capirato
Racer

Default Sirius Satellite Radio

Originally Posted by rkrzyston

There was a post about someone placing the XM radio in place of the heated seat buttons. Anyone know about this?
Randy.....

Below is a XM installation on a LX. It is very similar to the GX. I have ordered the Custom Mount made for an Audiovox Sirius receiver, model # SRSIR001FMR.

I will post pictures when I finish the installation.

~ Cap
Attached Thumbnails XM .. again..-lx470mount.jpg  
Old 01-08-05, 02:37 PM
Capirato
Racer

Default V A I S - Technology

I do have a piece of news which you may know of already anyway, but its exciting enough to repeat.
Looknow.....

I also wrote to Eugene.

Hi Eugene.....

Does your device work fine with the 2004 Lexus GX470 ?? The 2005 Lexus GX470 has a different generation of hardware.

I am also interested in Sirius working on the 2004.

~ Cap

Eugene’s reply

Cap: Yes, it does work with 2004 GX470. Sirius version is still under development, if you would like to purchase the product, please go to "reserve your product" on our website, we have a line of people, so it might will take some time until I will get to your form.
Best regards,
Eugene
VAIS Technology
phone: 720-733-2348
e-mail: info@vaistech.com
Old 01-08-05, 03:15 PM
Kash
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wonder if this will work with our navigation system

Link
right click save as
Old 01-08-05, 03:50 PM
Randy20g
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can confirm this WILL NOT work with a GX. I tried this with Jon from XMPRIUS. We dont have the extra input on the radio.
We DO however have a possibility. We will be trying something else in a day or two. I will keep everyone informed as to the outcome.
Old 01-10-05, 01:33 PM
luckylex
Rookie

Lucky, have you used XM before in your area? I notice you're located in Illinois. I've had no success with XM in the New England Area. This includes New York, Connecticut, Vermont, and Massachusetts. The signal strength on regular roads was horrible. Only on wide open roads like 95 and I91 could I receive uninterupted signal.
I have not personally used XM, but have several friends who do and they do not have any problem in this area or travelling in neighboring states.
Old 01-10-05, 03:58 PM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

I have not personally used XM, but have several friends who do and they do not have any problem in this area or travelling in neighboring states.
It really doesn't matter if you are traveling state to state. It matters what states you travel in. And typically if you are traveling state to state, you are on interstate roads which are generally wide open.

It's more of an issue with trees, and living far north. XM's satellites are fix positioned very far south, near South America. Sirius has 3 satellites that orbit from south the North. At any given point the elevation is at least 50 degrees elevation. (I'm guessing). Whereas XM must be near 24. I know Directv is around 34 degrees.

None of this matters if you drive in open areas, but in Connecticut and New York, most roads are heavily covered with trees. I mean look up and you see trees before sky.
Old 01-10-05, 08:54 PM
Capirato
Racer

Default Satellite Radio Antenna

What's the best antenna for a Sirius receiver ?? Also, where is the best place to mount it ??

~ Cap