GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

1st Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-04, 12:03 PM
olysomaha
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st Lexus

My 05, White, GX arrived on the 12/23. It's my first Lexus and all I can say is "Unbelievable". Lexus appears to have thought of every little detail that ensures a great experience in the GX. Am I just crazy or does anyone else want to spend every minute of the day driving around in your Lexus. What a Christmas present!
Old 12-26-04, 03:28 PM
Rx900
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by olysomaha
My 05, White, GX arrived on the 12/23. It's my first Lexus and all I can say is "Unbelievable". Lexus appears to have thought of every little detail that ensures a great experience in the GX. Am I just crazy or does anyone else want to spend every minute of the day driving around in your Lexus. What a Christmas present!

congrats, and enjoy! hopefully you won't encounter any defects on yours
Old 12-26-04, 04:26 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,312 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Congrats and welcome!
Old 12-26-04, 05:02 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Thumbs up

Congratulations on your new GX470! Yes, Lexus is an awesome company. I have had 3 of them myself and I can honestly say that I would always want to own a Lexus product, even if I was to no longer work for Lexus. They make the BEST cars around, reliable, smooth, comfy, and all the little details that you would never think about until you notice it has it on your car. And what a great color choice...Blizzard Pearl, White with sparkly pearl in the paint. Post up some pix if you get a chance.
And welcome to Club Lexus, we are glad to see you here.

Old 12-27-04, 05:30 AM
CdeFabio
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats on the new GX! You will love it. Also, great color choice!! This was my first Lexus and I am now sold for life! Incredible customer service!
Old 12-27-04, 07:00 AM
mdgx
Driver School Candidate

What color of interior on your new 05?

How's pricing in your area - full MSRP?

Thanks
Old 12-27-04, 12:17 PM
LexFather

Congrats!!
Old 12-27-04, 04:35 PM
olysomaha
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mdgx
What color of interior on your new 05?

How's pricing in your area - full MSRP?

Thanks
The interior color is Tan. My last 3 Explorers were grey so we tried something different. Tan does show the marks, but the White w/ Tan GX was already on the boat when someone cancelled their order- lucky us w/ our timing. My friend owns the Omaha dealership (among several others in town), but he only gave me $2,000 off MSRP. I was working w/ 4 other dealerships in 3 states and no one elso offered a discount let alone delivery of a GX in December (and we needed the 6000lb tax break this month). Thanks for everyone's well wishes and Happy Holidays!
Old 12-27-04, 07:53 PM
Rx900
Lexus Test Driver

The interior color is Tan. My last 3 Explorers were grey so we tried something different. Tan does show the marks, but the White w/ Tan GX was already on the boat when someone cancelled their order- lucky us w/ our timing. My friend owns the Omaha dealership (among several others in town), but he only gave me $2,000 off MSRP. I was working w/ 4 other dealerships in 3 states and no one elso offered a discount let alone delivery of a GX in December (and we needed the 6000lb tax break this month). Thanks for everyone's well wishes and Happy Holidays!
wow, that's a good enough discount! You should have seen the "hustle-and-bustle" when the GX first came out. Discounts were out of the question! It was either "take it or leave it and have someone else have it!"
Old 12-27-04, 09:31 PM
olysomaha
Driver School Candidate

Smile

Originally Posted by Rx900
wow, that's a good enough discount! You should have seen the "hustle-and-bustle" when the GX first came out. Discounts were out of the question! It was either "take it or leave it and have someone else have it!"
It pays to have friends as they say. At the time in early Dec., it was difficult for me to fathom only a 2k discount, but after speaking w/ several competitive dealerships (after I signed the contract), he's a better friend than I realized. Let's hear it for childhood friends. I'm developing a "Lexus GX syndrome" during my vacation this week. I either drive around town for no reason (other then to be in my GX) or I read the owner's manual constantly to discover the amazing features in the GX. Is there a GX, 12 step program for help?