GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

The 2005 GX470 Waiting Game

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-04, 02:33 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The 2005 GX470 Waiting Game

Let's get this GX470 forum up and running again with activity!

After all the anticipation of the new 2005 GX, we all seem to be in a holding pattern at this time and have nothing new to add, since we are just waiting for our 2005s to come in!

I have a January 10th or sooner delivery date at this moment for my Black / Ivory GX470 and I tell you it's still only a couple of weeks out, but the waiting is driving me nuts! However again it's only a couple of weeks out and I am waiting for the color that I originally wanted, so it's well worth the wait!

I've mentioned this before to my other fellow members in this forum, that I at least think about my GX a couple times a day, HOPING that my sales person will call each day to tell me that it arrived early or WANTING to call my sales person several times a day just to check if it came in early! Then I realize how the heck am I getting anything done in my daily life? Did I forget to eat, forget to sleep, forget to take the dogs out during all of this? Notice how I am typing this from work too!

The wait continues.......
Old 12-22-04, 02:42 PM
Rx900
Lexus Test Driver

you gotta calm down bro! i know how i felt when i was waiting for mine, but not like this!
Old 12-22-04, 02:52 PM
gs400jon
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by lexguynj
Let's get this GX470 forum up and running again with activity!

After all the anticipation of the new 2005 GX, we all seem to be in a holding pattern at this time and have nothing new to add, since we are just waiting for our 2005s to come in!

I have a January 10th or sooner delivery date at this moment for my Black / Ivory GX470 and I tell you it's still only a couple of weeks out, but the waiting is driving me nuts! However again it's only a couple of weeks out and I am waiting for the color that I originally wanted, so it's well worth the wait!

I've mentioned this before to my other fellow members in this forum, that I at least think about my GX a couple times a day, HOPING that my sales person will call each day to tell me that it arrived early or WANTING to call my sales person several times a day just to check if it came in early! Then I realize how the heck am I getting anything done in my daily life? Did I forget to eat, forget to sleep, forget to take the dogs out during all of this? Notice how I am typing this from work too!

The wait continues.......
What's the port of entry for you folks back east? My experience on three vehicles is that the salesperson knows if my choice is on a ship that has left Japan, whether it's allocated to dealership or not, a minimum of two weeks prior to arriving on the lot.
Old 12-22-04, 05:40 PM
steevr
Pole Position

Lexguy,

I have to ask you, how old are you. I'm 43 and I still get the same way as you after ordering a vehicle. It's the only thing I can think of until it gets here.

Where in Jersey are you? My sister lives in North Caldwell (home of Tony Soprano). It's beautiful out there.
Old 12-22-04, 08:39 PM
luckylex
Rookie

LOL! I hear ya lexguy!

My sales guy is assuring me that the vehicles will arrive next week. I need to get it done by the end of the year for the tax reasons. Since the first wave haven't hit here in the midwest yet he has had a difficult time finding exactly what I wanted. However, it looks like I may be getting one loaded w/sport package. I think about it everyday too - when I get in the car!

Last edited by luckylex; 12-23-04 at 05:16 PM.
Old 12-22-04, 08:41 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

PrestigeLexus.com already has 8, 05 in stock 3 are black, what dealer are buy buying from
Old 12-22-04, 10:17 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Rx900
you gotta calm down bro! i know how i felt when i was waiting for mine, but not like this!
I hear you on the calming down part, but easier said then done and I am sure you were just as excited when you were waiting for your GX!
Old 12-22-04, 10:18 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by steevr
Lexguy,

I have to ask you, how old are you. I'm 43 and I still get the same way as you after ordering a vehicle. It's the only thing I can think of until it gets here.

Where in Jersey are you? My sister lives in North Caldwell (home of Tony Soprano). It's beautiful out there.
Hey Steevr, age is just a number and I'm 31 and the GX is actually for my wife, and look at how excited I still am!

I am here in central NJ, Princeton area. There are still nice places in NJ!
Old 12-22-04, 10:20 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by luckylex
LOL! I hear ya lexguy!

My sales guy is assuring me that the vehicles will arrive next week. I need to get it done by the end of the year for the tax reasons. Since the first waive haven't hit here in the midwest yet he has had a difficult time finding exactly what I wanted. However, it looks like I may be getting one loaded w/sport package. I think about it everyday too - when I get in the car!
Hey Lucklex, you are just on the brink of getting yours and maybe the first to get even get one with the Sports Package (which of course you will have to give us the reviews when ready!). If mine were only days away, I wouldn't be able to get anything done!
Old 12-22-04, 10:21 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by EDGE2
PrestigeLexus.com already has 8, 05 in stock 3 are black, what dealer are buy buying from
Thanks for the update. Maybe Prestige is a larger dealer and has better selection or more 05s coming in first. I am using a dealer here in central - southern NJ and they already have had some 05s come in, but they are all ordered already by others ahead of me. I am getting the 2-3rd shipment of 05s.

Last edited by lexguynj; 12-22-04 at 10:22 PM.
Old 12-22-04, 10:23 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by gs400jon
What's the port of entry for you folks back east? My experience on three vehicles is that the salesperson knows if my choice is on a ship that has left Japan, whether it's allocated to dealership or not, a minimum of two weeks prior to arriving on the lot.
GS400jon - I really don't know, but I would guess, since I am NJ, it would be Newark, NJ or a NYC port, so right next door?
Old 12-23-04, 05:19 AM
Knicksfan
Pole Position

Default I'm in/on the same boat!

I think mine is in the same shipment. Dealer says I should have it 1/15. Mine is in Bound Brook NJ and I took everyones advice and went for the color etc that I wanted.

I have developed a unique way of taking my mind off the wait for the GX. I also just purchased a 45" LCD flat panel television - which is backordered - and so I am really like a kid before Christmas waiting for all my new toys to arrive.

Happy Holidays everyone!
Old 12-23-04, 07:34 AM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Knicksfan
I think mine is in the same shipment. Dealer says I should have it 1/15. Mine is in Bound Brook NJ and I took everyones advice and went for the color etc that I wanted.

I have developed a unique way of taking my mind off the wait for the GX. I also just purchased a 45" LCD flat panel television - which is backordered - and so I am really like a kid before Christmas waiting for all my new toys to arrive.

Happy Holidays everyone!
That is a great way to keep you mind off of the new GX470! The holiday time also do help, since they are busy and will be over before you know it!
Old 12-23-04, 04:40 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gs400jon
The window sticker usually says what port of entry is but Im the same as lexguynj and they come in either Newark or Elizabeth, either 1 their right next to each other
Old 12-23-04, 05:01 PM
gs400jon
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by EDGE2
The window sticker usually says what port of entry is but Im the same as lexguynj and they come in either Newark or Elizabeth, either 1 their right next to each other
Thanks! I didn't have a clue. Out this way, the port of entry is in the Los Angeles area so the vehicles are trucked up here to Northern California.

Quick Reply: The 2005 GX470 Waiting Game