GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Lexus Personalized Settings (LPS)

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-04, 08:45 PM
luckylex
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus Personalized Settings (LPS)

I know only a couple people have posted that they now have the 2005 GX. Was this "one-time complimentary offer" LPS discussed with you by your dealer? What types of settings are included for the GX and what are they?

From the web site:

Lexus Personalized Settings (LPS) [1] allows certain electronic functions, such as the automatic door locks, power window system, illuminated entry system, moonroof operation, etc., to be customized to an owner's preference by the Lexus dealer

[1] The Lexus Personalized Settings (LPS) Program is a one-time, complimentary offer for new 2005 model year vehicles purchased or leased from 10/1/04 and beyond, up to 12 months from the date the vehicle is sold to the first retail purchaser or the date it is first used as a demonstrator, lease, or company car, whichever occurs first. Please see your Lexus dealer for more information

Old 12-15-04, 09:14 PM
gs400jon
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: Lexus Personalized Settings (LPS)

Originally posted by luckylex
I know only a couple people have posted that they now have the 2005 GX. Was this "one-time complimentary offer" LPS discussed with you by your dealer? What types of settings are included for the GX and what are they?

From the web site:

Lexus Personalized Settings (LPS) [1] allows certain electronic functions, such as the automatic door locks, power window system, illuminated entry system, moonroof operation, etc., to be customized to an owner's preference by the Lexus dealer

[1] The Lexus Personalized Settings (LPS) Program is a one-time, complimentary offer for new 2005 model year vehicles purchased or leased from 10/1/04 and beyond, up to 12 months from the date the vehicle is sold to the first retail purchaser or the date it is first used as a demonstrator, lease, or company car, whichever occurs first. Please see your Lexus dealer for more information

Sounds like CBEST, which has been around for a long time on all models. It's the settings using the remote entry system. For example on my GX, one push unlocks all the doors while the default is the driver's door on the first push, the other doors on the second push. My dealer will change the settings per the owner's request at any time.
Old 12-16-04, 08:01 AM
Traturn
Driver

It is Cbeset, just advertised and displayed. Replaces the 1k service. There are pamphlets for each model that have the options.
Old 12-16-04, 12:20 PM
Nas
Driver

Do any of you guys have a list of what preferences can be customized? I'll be getting my GX in about a week, so I like this to be done prior to delivery. I also have an ES, which I like to get customized. Is there a list online (CBest, Scanned Photos of the Phamplets?)?

Thanks Guys!
Old 12-16-04, 12:31 PM
98Nav400
Driver

Your dealer will have a list for you. I would suggest waiting until the 30 day check up to have your personalization items programmed. There are a few things that bug me, that I wouldn't have thought of prior to driving the car day to day.
Old 12-16-04, 06:30 PM
whazzup
Driver School Candidate

I just did my "CBEST'" on my '04. I had them turn the lights off after 30 seconds (supposed to be factory default) and turn the automatic headlight sensitivity up a little. I was able to program the automatic door locks the way I want it.

I was unaware that there was a fee for this. There is nothing in the owner's manual for the '04's that says it is a fee. [[In fact, I only learned that there was a name for this at the dealer today.]]
Old 12-16-04, 08:48 PM
luckylex
Rookie

I came across this at a dealer's web site. This is listed as the LPS for the GX:

Door Lock Systems
Unlocking of doors
By pressing the remote key door unlock button, the following functions can be programmed:
1.Pressing the unlock button one time will unlock all doors. (Rear included)
2.Pressing the unlock button one time unlocks the driver's door, and two times unlocks all doors. (Standard)

Flashing of signal lights
Using the remote key, the following operations can be programmed:
1.Press the LOCK/UNLOCK button on the remote key and the lights will not flash.
2.Press the LOCK button and the lights will flash once. Press the UNLOCK button and the lights will flash twice. (Standard)

Unlocking doors when placing vehicle into park
While the engine is running and the vehicle is placed into park, the vehicle can be programmed as follows:
1.When placing the vehicle into park, all of the doors will remain LOCKED. (Standard)
2.When placing vehicle into park, ALL the doors will automatically UNLOCK.

Auto locking of doors at 13 mph
When the vehicle reaches 13 mph, the vehicle can be programmed as follows:
1.The doors will not lock. (Standard)
2.All of the doors will automatically lock.

Locking doors when shifting from park
While the brake pedal is being pressed and the vehicle is taken out of park and placed into another range, the doors can be programmed for the following:
1.The doors will remain unchanges.
2.To automatically lock. (Standard)

Power Window and Moon Roof
Using the remote key to open all windows and the moon roof
Pressing the UNLOCK button on the remote key for 2.5 seconds, the vehicle can be programmed as follows:
1.The windows will not roll down and the moon roof will not open.
2.All the windows will roll down and the moon roof will open. (Standard)

Lighting Systems
Illumination of cabin light
After closing the door, the interior lights can be adjusted to stay on for the following:
1.7.5 seconds
2.15 seconds (Standard)
3.30 seconds

Illumination of the interior light
When the ignition switch is turned from ACC to LOCK, the interior cabin light can be programmed for the following:
1.Not illuminate.
2.To illuminate. (Standard)
*Note: The interior cabin light must be placed in the door mode.

Delaying headlights to turn off
After turning off the ignition and all the doors are closed, if the headlights are ON or in the AUTO position, the lights can be programmed for the following:
1.Turn off immediately, when the vehicle is turned off and the driver door is opened.
2.Turn off in 30 seconds. (Standard)
3.Turn off in 60 seconds.
4.Turn off in 90 seconds.

Sensitivity of automatic headlights
While driving the vehicle and the headlight switch is placed in the "AUTO" mode, the front headlights can be programmed to turn on under darker or lighter ambient light conditions. Circle setting selection:

Normal = 3 (Standard)

Tilt Steering Wheel
Auto tilt away of the steering wheel
When the vehicle is placed in park, the ignition turned off, and the key is removed from the ignition, the steering wheel can be set to the following:
1.Automatically move up and away from the driver position setting. (Standard)
2.Remain in the current position, as set by the driver.

* The customized features must be programmed by your Lexus dealer.
= Standard Setting
= Optional Setting