GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

2005 GX will be home tomorrow (12-08-04)

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-04, 02:49 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by MarcP
I hear you - I'd go with my gut on the color choice - you've waited this long so it's better to get what you want.
MarcP,

You are right, I had a chance to see more Blue Meridian Pearl colors online and they are nice, but I still want black and will just have to wait another couple of weeks. I think I can do it! Keep us updated once you hear more for your upcoming GX too!
Old 12-10-04, 03:42 PM
luckylex
Rookie

I also find myself thinking about quite a bit (about my vehicle, not Marc's ). Today I spent some time cleaning out the inside of my current vehicle, trying to create some karma!

We put in 3 color preferences (in order, Blizzard, Silver, Black), so I figure the chance of getting one of those is pretty good and less likely to be disappionted.

/Still waiting restlessly
Old 12-11-04, 05:53 PM
orclex
Driver School Candidate

Default Pictures available in Gallery

Just posted some pictures in gallery...........

orclex.
Old 12-11-04, 06:00 PM
davidc1
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice. And Bluetooth looks like a nice add. By the way, in one of the pictures, it appeared that a DVD movie was showing both on NAV screen as well as RES. It that how it works?

Last edited by davidc1; 12-11-04 at 06:03 PM.
Old 12-11-04, 06:24 PM
orclex
Driver School Candidate

You're right, but the vehicle should be in park position.
Old 12-11-04, 06:46 PM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally posted by orclex
You're right, but the vehicle should be in park position.
..and the e-brake must be engaged (at least in my '04).
Old 12-13-04, 07:35 PM
bunka
Lead Lap

Originally posted by lexguynj
ORCLEX - Congrats again on your new baby and I bet your still smiling!

In regards to the Type of Fuel issue, I would assume that when you buy a $50K+ SUV with poor gas mileage, the cost of fuel would not be your top priority and you would just fill up with with Premium / Super all the time to baby your vehicle and make sure it gets the best. Sure people will say there is no need to pay the higher price for Premium and your GX can run just as good on regular, but premium is the cleanest grade gasoline and I would only want the best for my GX to have it continue to run at it's best. If the cost of gas was a major issue, I would get a RX400 Hybrid for the better gas mileage, however even then I'd still fill up on Premium / Super gas.

This is just my opinion, since I remember someone else stating the negative that the 2005s could only use Premium fuel and myself thinking, what's the big deal?
There have been a number of studies that usually demonstrate that using a higher octane than a vehical requires is fruitless (and costly). If the car is tuned to get the best fuel economy on 87 octane, you won't see much (if any and in some cases worse) economy out of the higher octanes. Essentially, if you put 91 or higher octane into the 03/04 GX's, you will not see any difference in fuel economy. PS - 91 octane is NOT any "cleaner" than 87 octane. That perception shows that you have been "seduced" by the marketing executives.

There's a guy over on the MBworld.org forums that really knows his stuff. He goes by Buellwinkle. Go do a search over there and see what you find. Good luck!

Last edited by bunka; 12-13-04 at 07:49 PM.
Old 12-16-04, 01:05 PM
Nas
Driver

For those of you that have gotten your 2005 GX, what type of tires did it come with? I can't find the post, but I remember someone saying they switched the Bridgestones with Michelins? I'm going to try to get my dealer to do that, but they said each Lexus comes with specific tires that they must approve. What process did you go about to do the switch? Are the Michelin's All-Seasons, or Snow/Mud Tires (tires that GXs come with according to the Lexus Website).

Thanks Guys.
Old 12-16-04, 02:05 PM
PitBull
Pole Position

Originally posted by Nas
For those of you that have gotten your 2005 GX, what type of tires did it come with? I can't find the post, but I remember someone saying they switched the Bridgestones with Michelins? I'm going to try to get my dealer to do that, but they said each Lexus comes with specific tires that they must approve. What process did you go about to do the switch? Are the Michelin's All-Seasons, or Snow/Mud Tires (tires that GXs come with according to the Lexus Website).

Thanks Guys.
What are they talkin about "must approve"? The GX comes with several brands of tire. Michelin Cross Terrains are one of the ones it comes with. They just happen to cost more the 2X's as much (if you had to replace them on the open market) as the other OEM tires that they put on the GX. They are also much better tires then the other choices. Check the rating of the different tires on www.tirerack.com. I told the dealer that if they wanted me to sign the paper work and buy the vehicle they needed to have it wearing the Michelin Cross Terrains which are one of the OEM tires. Tell the dealer that is what you want and if they want to do the deal change the tires. It doesn't cost the dealer anything other than the time it takes for the service dept. to change 5 tires and balance them.