GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

2005 GX will be home tomorrow (12-08-04)

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-04, 05:56 AM
davidc1
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Perhaps the owner's manual wasn't updated? I'd go with 91 since that's what their press release said.
Old 12-10-04, 06:17 AM
MarcP
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by luckylex

No word yet Marc?
Nope - nothing yet - I hate it because I want to keep calling my dealer but don't want to become a real pain in the a$$! If I don't hear anything this weekend I'll be calling her Monday.

What about those pics orclex???
Old 12-10-04, 09:30 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Capirato
The 4.7-liter V8 delivers world-class smoothness and quietness. At highway cruising speeds, the V8 is barely audible. It delivers good power with strong torque for towing, 270 horsepower and 330 pound-feet of torque. As heavy as it is, the GX 470 is no slouch in the performance department, capable of full-throttle sprints from 0 to 60 mph in about 8.1 seconds, with a nice V8 intake roar to go with it. If you're towing anything up to its limit of 5000 pounds, this truck will handle it with ease. The bad news is that, even if you try hard, you'll probably never achieve 20 miles per gallon. For 2005, the V8 gets the company's VVT-i (variable-valve timing with intelligence) for improved efficiency and response at all engine speeds. VVT-i also helps the GX 470 run cleaner, earning the government's more stringent ULEV-II (Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle) rating for 2005. The GX 470 requires 91 octane (or higher) gasoline and rates an EPA-estimated City/Highway 15/19 mpg.

http://www.lexus.com/models/gx/road_test.html

~ Cap
Most likely the owners manual was not updated.
Old 12-10-04, 09:44 AM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by MarcP
Nope - nothing yet - I hate it because I want to keep calling my dealer but don't want to become a real pain in the a$$! If I don't hear anything this weekend I'll be calling her Monday.

What about those pics orclex???
Hey Marc, do you find yourself thinking about your new GX almost every minute of the day? I am surprised that I actually get any work done! I too will check with my dealer on an updated delivery status, since not knowing is driving me nuts! I feel that I should give my dealer a couple of days after I call him to not annoy him, but I do feel like calling him morning, afternoon or night to check status!
Old 12-10-04, 09:46 AM
MarcP
Driver

Originally posted by lexguynj
Hey Marc, do you find yourself thinking about your new GX almost every minute of the day? I am surprised that I actually get any work done! I too will check with my dealer on an updated delivery status, since not knowing is driving me nuts! I feel that I should give my dealer a couple of days after I call him to not annoy him, but I do feel like calling him morning, afternoon or night to check status!
Cliff - I am so glad you said that - I thought I was going a little insane because I literally am thinking about that stupid vehicle every minute it seems - I have no idea what I am going to do with my time once it actually is mine!! I'm starting to worry that it will not live up to the totally unreasonable expectations I have for it at this point!

Last edited by MarcP; 12-10-04 at 09:47 AM.
Old 12-10-04, 10:19 AM
Tony
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default KDSS

KDSS seems like it will still be available even without the sport package because if you go to the lexus website you still can buy it as a option for 1785.00
Old 12-10-04, 10:38 AM
davidc1
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: KDSS

Originally posted by Tony
KDSS seems like it will still be available even without the sport package because if you go to the lexus website you still can buy it as a option for 1785.00
Not if I go to "build your GX" section. They don't seem to even appear as part of a package. What's your zip code?
Old 12-10-04, 11:13 AM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Default Blue Meridian Color?

Cliff - I am so glad you said that - I thought I was going a little insane because I literally am thinking about that stupid vehicle every minute it seems - I have no idea what I am going to do with my time once it actually is mine!! I'm starting to worry that it will not live up to the totally unreasonable expectations I have for it at this point!
I was just told that I could get a Dorado Gold or Blue Meridian sooner as they continue to check.

I don't like the Gold, but any good photos of the Blue Meridian color? Any comments on how you like the Blue Meridian Color?

I could only find this photo in the gallery:

https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...at=508&page=11
Old 12-10-04, 11:16 AM
MarcP
Driver

I haven't seen either in person - what did they say the wait was for your black/ivory?
Old 12-10-04, 11:38 AM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

I haven't seen either in person - what did they say the wait was for your black/ivory?
Possibly around end of December / beginning of January and now that I hear January 2005 (even though it's only a couple weeks) it still feels like eternity.

Also he will know more by next week on what else is coming in after this first shipment.
Old 12-10-04, 11:40 AM
MarcP
Driver

Possibly around end of December / beginning of January and now that I hear January 2005 (even though it's only a couple weeks) it still feels like eternity.

Also he will know more by next week on what else is coming in after this first shipment.
Good luck with the wait - I feel your pain.

I can't believe more people haven't posted about getting an 05 - I know they are at the dealers and most were pre-sold. I'd love to hear some feedback on the engine performance, nav, etc.
Old 12-10-04, 11:50 AM
GrdnRxR
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

The Blue Meridan is nice. It can look almost black in the shade. On the other hand , it can look a bit on the purple side too.....
Old 12-10-04, 12:04 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by GrdnRxR
The Blue Meridan is nice. It can look almost black in the shade. On the other hand , it can look a bit on the purple side too.....

GrdnRxR - I see what you are saying, it's a cool color yet strange at times too, depending on the lighting. It's not as straightforward as Black or Silver and it does look close to black in lower light condistions, but not sure if it's too funky looking when it's bright as day out there! Man this is a tough decision!
Old 12-10-04, 12:19 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Good luck with the wait - I feel your pain.

I can't believe more people haven't posted about getting an 05 - I know they are at the dealers and most were pre-sold. I'd love to hear some feedback on the engine performance, nav, etc.
Hey MarcP,

My dealer will know more next week on the when the next batch will arrive (towards the end of December). So I will see if there is a Black in there or not and if not, then determine if I can take any of the other incoming ones or go for this Meridan blue. It's funny I still think the end of December is too far away, but in fact it's only 3 weeks away!
Old 12-10-04, 12:22 PM
MarcP
Driver

Hey MarcP,

My dealer will know more next week on the when the next batch will arrive (towards the end of December). So I will see if there is a Black in there or not and if not, then determine if I can take any of the other incoming ones or go for this Meridan blue. It's funny I still think the end of December is too far away, but in fact it's only 3 weeks away!
I hear you - I'd go with my gut on the color choice - you've waited this long so it's better to get what you want.

Quick Reply: 2005 GX will be home tomorrow (12-08-04)