GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

2005 Is Here (almost)!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-04, 12:32 PM
luckylex
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Is Here (almost)!

I spoke with my dealer today, and they expect the first shipment any day and possibly tomorrow . The first shipment with this dealer sounds already spoken for, but they don't expect it to take long too get the next shipment (with a lot more cars).

Also, I asked about the XM radio. Doesn't sound like they can do it on the GX, sounds like the LX actually has a slightly different audio system than the GX as the NAV is standard so the design might be different.

And, as others have said here, it will be difficult to get without the third row, you would have to specially order.

Old 12-06-04, 12:51 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: 2005 Is Here (almost)!

Originally posted by luckylex
I spoke with my dealer today, and they expect the first shipment any day and possibly tomorrow . The first shipment with this dealer sounds already spoken for, but they don't expect it to take long too get the next shipment (with a lot more cars).

Also, I asked about the XM radio. Doesn't sound like they can do it on the GX, sounds like the LX actually has a slightly different audio system than the GX as the NAV is standard so the design might be different.

And, as others have said here, it will be difficult to get without the third row, you would have to specially order.

Hey Lucklex, today after talking the talk for some time now, I walked the walk finally & just put down a deposit on a 2005 GX470 and it's out for allocation today, which basically means if they find this common configuration at the port they can switch it with something else that is coming in that is not purchased yet. So my delivery is unknown at this time.

You maybe one of the first and which configuration did you get again? CONGRATS again to your upcoming new baby arrival!

Last edited by lexguynj; 12-06-04 at 05:38 PM.
Old 12-06-04, 05:07 PM
MarcP
Driver

luckylex - which dealer are you working with (I think you told me before but I forgot) - I'm working with McGrath in Westmont and my GX is supposed to hit Portland on the 8th and the dealership about ten days after that - I still am holding out hope that dealer installed XM will work with the GX - it might just take some time for the dealers to realize it

lexguynj - glad to hear you finally stepped up and put some $ down - what color/option combo did you decide on?

Last edited by MarcP; 12-06-04 at 05:09 PM.
Old 12-06-04, 05:43 PM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by MarcP
luckylex - which dealer are you working with (I think you told me before but I forgot) - I'm working with McGrath in Westmont and my GX is supposed to hit Portland on the 8th and the dealership about ten days after that - I still am holding out hope that dealer installed XM will work with the GX - it might just take some time for the dealers to realize it
You can get Sirius Satellite in any vehicle. If it's dealer installed, or mobile stereo shop installed. You can easily install them yourself too.
Old 12-06-04, 06:31 PM
fxguy
Driver School Candidate

It's the integrated Sat Radio everyone wants so you don't have to go through an FM modulator or tape deck, and to have all the controls on the Nav screen so you don't clutter up the car.
Old 12-06-04, 08:33 PM
luckylex
Rookie

Lexguynj - Congrats on making the move! You might get delivery before me, I have to wait at least for the second shipment as all of the vehicles in the first shipment are accounted for, but it sounds ilke that shouldn't be a problem. It sounds like it should be before the end of the month though. Marc will probably be the first among us! What colors did you finally go with?

Marc, I will PM you. My contact has been great so far. As for the XM, my guy says that as soon as he sees the nav system he will know, but he is pretty sure that it can't just be added to the GX like the LX. I guess there is some difference in the nav systems, and the LX is built with the system, whereas it is "added' to the GX. ???

Looknow12, I have an XM Commander that could be installed. However, it would be nice to have the integrated system that works with the nav screen.

Last edited by luckylex; 12-06-04 at 08:34 PM.
Old 12-06-04, 08:40 PM
Rx900
Lexus Test Driver

Lexguynj - Congrats on making the move! You might get delivery before me, I have to wait at least for the second shipment as all of the vehicles in the first shipment are accounted for, but it sounds ilke that shouldn't be a problem. It sounds like it should be before the end of the month though. Marc will probably be the first among us! What colors did you finally go with?

Marc, I will PM you. My contact has been great so far. As for the XM, my guy says that as soon as he sees the nav system he will know, but he is pretty sure that it can't just be added to the GX like the LX. I guess there is some difference in the nav systems, and the LX is built with the system, whereas it is "added' to the GX. ???

Looknow12, I have an XM Commander that could be installed. However, it would be nice to have the integrated system that works with the nav screen.

wait so u were saying that the nav is standard in the LX??? wow, i didn't know that!
Old 12-07-04, 08:27 AM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Leckylex as I stated in another thread, the boss (aka: my wife) choose Black Onyx Exterior with Ivory Interior. So when the boss speaks, I listen. My hopes for Silver Pine have been dashed, but I can live with Black!

Marc would seem to be the first 2005 GX470 owner, unless someone (lurking around) comes out of nowhere and sweeps the title out from under him! Congrats to you too on your new GX!

Last edited by lexguynj; 12-07-04 at 08:28 AM.
Old 12-07-04, 08:30 AM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by MarcP

lexguynj - glad to hear you finally stepped up and put some $ down - what color/option combo did you decide on?
Hey MarcP - Black Exterior with Ivory Interior as specified by the wife.

After talking about the 2005 GX 470 for so long and non-stop, I feel that I now should give some time to my wife and let her at least choose the color, since she has grown very tired of me talking about the GX!
Old 12-07-04, 09:29 AM
MarcP
Driver

Originally posted by lexguynj
Leckylex as I stated in another thread, the boss (aka: my wife) choose Black Onyx Exterior with Ivory Interior. So when the boss speaks, I listen. My hopes for Silver Pine have been dashed, but I can live with Black!

Marc would seem to be the first 2005 GX470 owner, unless someone (lurking around) comes out of nowhere and sweeps the title out from under him! Congrats to you too on your new GX!
I think a few of us will probably get ours right around the same time - the week before Christmas. I don't need a title - just the GX! There is an allocation in today or tomorrow so I'm sure some might have one this week even.

With my luck - there will be a huge ice storm in the west that will freeze the train carrying my car and I'll have to wait until spring!

lexguynj - you can enjoy the silver pine vicariously through me!
Old 12-07-04, 10:19 AM
allisonb1013
Driver

congrats on the orders guys. once i put my deposit down it felt like i waited a lifetime for my truck to come in. i'm really impressed by the expected arrival dates you guys are getting. last time i was in the dealership my salesman told me they weren't expecting to see any '05 GXs until at least mid-January.
Old 12-07-04, 11:56 AM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by allisonb1013
congrats on the orders guys. once i put my deposit down it felt like i waited a lifetime for my truck to come in. i'm really impressed by the expected arrival dates you guys are getting. last time i was in the dealership my salesman told me they weren't expecting to see any '05 GXs until at least mid-January.
Thanks again allisonb1013, it seems that GX's take preference over the Toyota 4runner V8s, since Toyota Dealers still can not formally quote on a 2005 4runner v8 and delivfery for those are still expected in January 2005. So the updated V8 engine were initially reserved for the GX470 production and then the 4runner will follow shortly afterwards.
Old 12-07-04, 05:31 PM
Knicksfan
Pole Position

Default Do I sacrifice?

I can have mine if I take the darker blue/grey leather....instead of the Blue Mica/Grey that I ordered....hmmm tempting otherwise I wait until at least mid-Jan in NJ.

Does anyone know if the NAV voice issue (always have to reset to off) has been "fixed"?

Good luck everyone!
Old 12-08-04, 06:34 AM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: Do I sacrifice?

Originally posted by Knicksfan
I can have mine if I take the darker blue/grey leather....instead of the Blue Mica/Grey that I ordered....hmmm tempting otherwise I wait until at least mid-Jan in NJ.

Does anyone know if the NAV voice issue (always have to reset to off) has been "fixed"?

Good luck everyone!
I have realized that it's well worth the wait to get what you always wanted from the start. If you get your 2nd choice color now, you may see that first choice color on the road in the future and start liking it more and possibly regret not getting that color. Another exampls is I was offerred a great deal on a 04, but could not pull the trigger on it, since the 05s were right around the corner with the upgraded engine, so I got an 05 and am happy. However if this were earlier in the year 2004 and the 2005s were months away, I would have pulled the trigger on an 04.

Congats on your upcoming GX purchase!
Old 12-08-04, 07:03 AM
MarcP
Driver

Default Re: Re: Do I sacrifice?

Originally posted by lexguynj
I have realized that it's well worth the wait to get what you always wanted from the start. If you get your 2nd choice color now, you may see that first choice color on the road in the future and start liking it more and possibly regret not getting that color. Another exampls is I was offerred a great deal on a 04, but could not pull the trigger on it, since the 05s were right around the corner with the upgraded engine, so I got an 05 and am happy. However if this were earlier in the year 2004 and the 2005s were months away, I would have pulled the trigger on an 04.

Congats on your upcoming GX purchase!
I agree 100% - I passed up an extremely good deal on an 04 because I knew deep down I wanted the features of the 05 (vvti motor, gen4 nav). It seemed like a ridiculous wait (almost 3 months from when I started) but now my 05 should be here in about 10 days and I couldn't be more happy with my decision to wait.

By the way - I spoke with a couple of local dealers yesterday and the first 05's are at the dealerships here in the Chicago area!

Quick Reply: 2005 Is Here (almost)!