GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

When will Lexus update their website to the 2005 GX? (updated NOW!)

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-04, 10:34 AM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When will Lexus update their website to the 2005 GX?

I grow tired as may some of you already of checking the Lexus USA website and finding that the GX is the ONLY model not updated to 2005? It's almost December!

I know this great Clublexus website has given me almost all the info that I need, but it would be nice to have additional photos of the 2005 Sports Package and some solid MSRP numbers when you build your GX to use as a reference. Some of you have new 2005 brochures already and I am waiting for mine.

I hope by this December 1st, we will at least see a brand spanking new 2005 GX470 section on the Lexus Website.

Thanks again for listening.
Old 11-29-04, 10:37 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Did you give 'em a call and ask?

http://www.lexus.com/home/contact_lexus.html

Edit, oh and sports package looks sweet

Last edited by DaveGS4; 11-29-04 at 10:38 AM.
Old 11-29-04, 12:53 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by DaveGS4
Did you give 'em a call and ask?

http://www.lexus.com/home/contact_lexus.html

Edit, oh and sports package looks sweet
I did and maybe I just got the wrong customer service agent, since she said that it will be sometime in December and said that is all the info she has at this time.

Ahh I will have to be more patient!
Old 11-29-04, 06:47 PM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

They'll do it when it makes sense to do it. If they are still trying to unload 04's and there's not enough 05's in stock yet, they'll keep 04 up there. It makes no sense to change the website to 05 until the last possible minute. That's because as soon as they do, it will devalue the 04's the dealers may still have in stock.
Old 11-29-04, 09:52 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by looknow12
They'll do it when it makes sense to do it. If they are still trying to unload 04's and there's not enough 05's in stock yet, they'll keep 04 up there. It makes no sense to change the website to 05 until the last possible minute. That's because as soon as they do, it will devalue the 04's the dealers may still have in stock.
You have a good point, however over here in NJ, the 2004s have stopped coming in, and it's slim pickins over here, so the 2005 info should be coming around very soon and I just have to get my hands on a new 2005 GX470 brochure that some already have.
Old 12-01-04, 09:40 AM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

AHHHH THE LEXUS Website if FINALLY UPDATED to 2005. Check out! Not a Major Revamp, but it's NOW UP TO DATE!

http://www.lexus.com/models/gx/index.html
Old 12-01-04, 04:49 PM
davidc1
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went to the website and tried to build my GX. It seems sport pack is not available for our region. I type a California zip code and it suddenly appears. I'd be very disappointed if we can't get the sport pack around here. I will hold out as long as it takes. Although..... the dealer did take the deposit and felt they could get one. Hurry up and wait I guess.
Old 12-01-04, 05:43 PM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by lexguynj
AHHHH THE LEXUS Website if FINALLY UPDATED to 2005. Check out! Not a Major Revamp, but it's NOW UP TO DATE!

I think it's huge that they have those flash demos near the feature listings. They need to work on the content a bit as it doesn't always describe the feature well enough, i.e. KDSS/W/O KDSS

But I like the idea.
Old 12-01-04, 07:17 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by davidc1
I went to the website and tried to build my GX. It seems sport pack is not available for our region. I type a California zip code and it suddenly appears. I'd be very disappointed if we can't get the sport pack around here. I will hold out as long as it takes. Although..... the dealer did take the deposit and felt they could get one. Hurry up and wait I guess.
Hello davidc1, the Sports Package will be available for NJ, you just have to wait until your dealer has one on the way or you special order.

My dealer already has new 2005 (NON SPORTS) coming in (next week or two), but no Sport Package versions yet. I was given an estimated delivery of 8 weeks or sooner for a Sports Version and they also won't give me such a great deal on one as compared to a Non Sports Version.

It's just a waiting game at this moment.
Old 12-01-04, 07:44 PM
MarcP
Driver

Hello davidc1, the Sports Package will be available for NJ, you just have to wait until your dealer has one on the way or you special order.

My dealer already has new 2005 (NON SPORTS) coming in (next week or two), but no Sport Package versions yet. I was given an estimated delivery of 8 weeks or sooner for a Sports Version and they also won't give me such a great deal on one as compared to a Non Sports Version.

It's just a waiting game at this moment.
Hey lexguynj,

Just to give you an update - my GX made the second allocation to my dealer and should arrive the week of the 20th. She said in approx. ten days she will be able to narrow the arrival time down to a two day window - hopefully the wait will soon be over!
Old 12-01-04, 08:30 PM
sonnyb
Driver School Candidate

Default 2005 GX

I just checked the lexus.com site and did not find the GX had been updated to the 2005. Where did you get your info?
Old 12-01-04, 11:05 PM
luckylex
Rookie

I note that the dealer accessories does not include XM radio. Do you think individual dealers might still provide that? If it can be installed in the LX with the Navi/ML, is there any reason why it couldn't also be installed in the GX with the Navi/ML?

I also note that in the "build a GX", every option package includes/requires the third seat. I prefer not to have the third seat, but that seems questionable or at least difficult.

I guess the 2005s should be here soon!!

Old 12-01-04, 11:46 PM
Capirato
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2005

Originally posted by luckylex

I also note that in the "build a GX", every option package includes/requires the third seat.

I also noted that they all include the Navigation System.

~ Cap
Old 12-02-04, 01:28 AM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by MarcP
Hey lexguynj,

Just to give you an update - my GX made the second allocation to my dealer and should arrive the week of the 20th. She said in approx. ten days she will be able to narrow the arrival time down to a two day window - hopefully the wait will soon be over!
Marc P,

That is great news and I can't wait for you guys to get the first 2005s and then give us your review on the new stuff for 2005 (especially how it drives with the new upgraded engine). Your wait is almost over after all this time!
Old 12-02-04, 01:32 AM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by luckylex
I note that the dealer accessories does not include XM radio. Do you think individual dealers might still provide that? If it can be installed in the LX with the Navi/ML, is there any reason why it couldn't also be installed in the GX with the Navi/ML?

I also note that in the "build a GX", every option package includes/requires the third seat. I prefer not to have the third seat, but that seems questionable or at least difficult.

I guess the 2005s should be here soon!!

Hey Luckylex, I too noticed that you could only build your GX with the 3rd Row Seating, and I asked my dealer if I could get it without the 3rd row and he says it's a special order and could take up to 8 weeks for delivery. He also commented that the 3rd Row Seating although listed as an option, usually never comes in WITHOUT the 3rd row seating, so it's almost like a mandatory option.

It just seems that you still can get what you want if you special order it and can wait up to 8 weeks for it to come in. However maybe your dealer is better and either has one already coming in or they can locate it at port and trade with another dealer. Good luck!

Quick Reply: When will Lexus update their website to the 2005 GX? (updated NOW!)