GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

05 Sport Package Pictures!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-04, 07:35 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would have to agree with most of you here that the Sports Package option physically is NOT making us drool over it desiring it like we should. The main reason to get the Sports Package option is the KDSS which is a good enough reason (even if I don't really need it - I am still trying to figure this out).

A real sports package is what BMW puts out, with larger & different rims, fatter tires, sportier suspension, slightly different body kit (in most cases) & interior tweaks (from the Steering wheel to the seats). This is what I see Lexus trying to achieve not all at once, but step by step and KDSS is a good way to start. You can easily identify a BMW with Sports package simply by the rims and fat tires.

Either way if you waited for the 2005's the two main desires are the upgraded Engine HP and the next GEN Navigation Software as well as a host of other items like Bluetooth, etc.. The latest and greatest for the time being, since we never can catch up.
Old 11-21-04, 07:39 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

By the way, the sports package would look great with these rims offerred on the Land Cruiser Prado.

I think they are similar to the other set of rims available on the Lexus website from the GX470 accessories section.
Attached Images  
Old 11-21-04, 07:41 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by lexguynj
By the way, the sports package would look great with these rims offerred on the Land Cruiser Prado.

I think they are similar to the other set of rims available on the Lexus website from the GX470 accessories section.
17" Wheel Accessory option from the Lexus Website. I don't think anyone on here has these rims at this time? They look better than the stock rims. Something different at least. However Lexus has got to be charging an arm and a leg for these rims.
Attached Thumbnails 05 Sport Package Pictures!!!-17in_alloy_wheels.jpg  

Last edited by lexguynj; 11-21-04 at 07:42 PM.
Old 11-21-04, 08:21 PM
CivicFerio
Pole Position

The GX optional wheel might become standard in the future like what happend to the LS430 which is now comes standard in 18s.

I was looking at the new Tacoma and I saw they have 6 lugs like ours and the X runner 18in rims caught my eye http://www.toyota.com/images/vehicle...ge/photo_8.jpg . Unfortunately they made the X runner a 5 lug for some reason so we are unable to use that wheel.

Charleston
Old 11-21-04, 08:30 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by CivicFerio
The GX optional wheel might become standard in the future like what happend to the LS430 which is now comes standard in 18s.

I was looking at the new Tacoma and I saw they have 6 lugs like ours and the X runner 18in rims caught my eye http://www.toyota.com/images/vehicle...ge/photo_8.jpg . Unfortunately they made the X runner a 5 lug for some reason so we are unable to use that wheel.

Charleston
Those X-Runner Rims look nice.

18" Rims and 5-6 Spokes are such a beautiful thing in a car or truck.
Old 11-22-04, 05:18 PM
Tony
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Looks cheaper

The interior looks cheaper and looks more like the 4 runner. All that black wood and grey dash does not contrast and gives a mono tone color. I like the way the regular birds eye maple stands out. I get comments all the time about how the color of the wood in the regular GX looks so rich and luxurious.
Old 11-22-04, 08:29 PM
Jayson
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Looks cheaper

Originally posted by Tony
The interior looks cheaper and looks more like the 4 runner. All that black wood and grey dash does not contrast and gives a mono tone color. I like the way the regular birds eye maple stands out. I get comments all the time about how the color of the wood in the regular GX looks so rich and luxurious.
I'm so glad that I read through all the posts in this thread before jumping in because your 4Runner comment is exactly what I am thinking. Looks like they grabbed the interior colors from the RX and put them in the GX. I also was expecting dark headlamps, those shown in the pic don't look any different. As stated in a previous post, am glad to finally see the 05GX Sport and will definitely pass on it and pick up an 03GX and save the $$$ late next year.
Old 11-23-04, 06:44 AM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

OK, so we are not all impressed by the new Sports Package offerring by Lexus for the 05 GX470 (including myself) but for those of you that want KDSS, it's a nice added bonus to make your GX look even slightly different than the standard ones already on the road as well as added features since you were going to get the KDSS in the first place.

But I wil reserve my final judgement until I actually see one in person. Either way it's a good direction that Lexus is going in, when they realize that buyers like us want something sportier that just stock at times.