GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

i want mirrors like the 4 runner

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-04, 10:26 PM
LexLuder
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had them on my F150 pickup, they worked and looked good, one problem I faced was it scratched easely, let say when washing the car and drying or cleaning them would result in scratches, I Tried to use the softes cloth but it got worst, I had some type of problems with the side rear view mirrors and the dealer replaced them, I was lucky at the time the mirrors were from a Lincoln Navigator, had the side lamps form factory
Old 07-17-04, 09:56 AM
Capirato
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by LexLuder
they worked and looked good, one problem I faced was it scratched easily,
You must not have been using Muth's mirrors.

http://www.muthco.com/

~ Cap
Old 07-17-04, 05:21 PM
LexLuder
Rookie

Default capirato

I may be ignorant but not blind, I dont post just to post a reply, my replies are grounded and I have the proof for that, it is dark right now and cant take a picture without the reflection on it, I will go boating tommorow when I get back if thers time I will take a shot, one more thing I am an independent business owner and I do not, sell, distribute, any type of side rear view mirror signal light's, also I am not an infiltrated thinking to be, a lexus owner to make people believe I am rich.
Old 07-17-04, 06:23 PM
Capirato
Racer

Default Re: capirato

Originally posted by LexLuder
I may be ignorant but not blind, I dont post just to post a reply, my replies are grounded and I have the proof for that, it is dark right now and cant take a picture without the reflection on it, I will go boating tommorow when I get back if thers time I will take a shot, one more thing I am an independent business owner and I do not, sell, distribute, any type of side rear view mirror signal light's, also I am not an infiltrated thinking to be, a lexus owner to make people believe I am rich.
LexLuder…..

I am a little baffled by your response. I got the impression from your first post, that you had a problem with your F150 pickup mirrors. That the mirrors were a factory or dealer installed and that they were replaced with Lincoln Navigator mirrors, which have side lamps on the mirror’s housing.

Muth’s mirrors are retrofit kits which use the original vehicle’s mirror housings.

The installer who installed my directional mirrors was telling me that the first directional mirrors came all in one piece. In other words, the whole mirror, housing and all, had to be replaced. Today, Muth has kits for many cars where all that is replaced are the glass mirrors. The old ones snap out and the new ones snap in. They do have to take the whole assembly out, so that the directional signal wires can be fed through.

~ Cap
Old 07-17-04, 07:21 PM
LexLuder
Rookie

Default Capirato

I think I did not explained well, I own a F150 truck which is used for towing it came with regular electric side rear view mirror, for security meassures while towing in case the trailer light failed I purchased the Muth signal lights, the electric side mirrors came with a production problem and were replaced under warranty with new ones, in this case the replacement were for a Lincoln Navigator I was , I decided to leave the original mirror glass, the lincoln light are placed at the edge of the mirror casing so due that the muth mirror signal lights are all scrachted they are sitting in the garage, hope it cleared any doubt.
Old 06-14-05, 05:26 PM
Capirato
Racer

Default Muth Mirrors

Originally Posted by lyxxsx1

Can you see the light blinking from the driver seat?
Since I had the mirrors installed, I've had 30% tint added the front windows, which cuts down the brilliance quite a bit.

~ Cap