GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Help!! (leaning)

Old 04-23-04, 08:03 AM
Kash
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey that pics leaning becuase its on a snow dune.. of course its gonna lean.. i'll take a leaning pic after i shower
Old 04-23-04, 08:09 AM
Squiggy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I stuck a four foot level on my back bumper ...

.. of my 2003 GX last night. The bubble was dead center. If it's leaning, there's something wrong.
Old 04-23-04, 09:49 AM
LEXUS4NZ
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by kph3
The leaning in my GX doesn't matter what suspension setting its in or at what the rear height is set at. It measures the same 3/4" at whatever position it is set at.

Looknow12, the service manager said that they had to order special tools to put in this new cylinder and the repair paperwork they give you states that they "bled the system once at 5MPA pressure and a second time at 7MPA pressure per repair manual instructions". They also "bled suspension fluid using SST#09760-60010 and set suspension fluid pressure to proper specifications."

Could there be a broken spring?

what do you think?
kph3,

Did they mention anything about the air suspension? My looks balance from both front and rear.
Old 04-23-04, 02:03 PM
kph3
Driver School Candidate

Lexus4NZ
They said the air suspension checked out....that is what is so crazy about it. Was hoping someone else experienced this problem to help me figure it out. It doesn't make sense.
Old 04-24-04, 10:09 AM
Kash
Lexus Test Driver

me and my dad went out to measure all fours of the vehicle.. so this is what our results are the whole driver side of the vehicle leans to the left .5 inches so... thats that.. i got an appointment tws day
Old 04-27-04, 12:17 PM
Kash
Lexus Test Driver

just got my vehicle back from the dealer... they did notice that the left suspension was lower then the right and they said they adjusted it.. now the problem i'm having is that i came home and measured it.. its still .5 inches off from the floor to the top of the wheel well, on both sides, and even measureing bumper height...

i gave em a call just right now and she's on the phone.. we'll see what happens this really sucks.. so far they have fixed my sun roof rattleing problem

edit:
just returned from the dealer, and had a talk with the tech.. he hooked up the diag thing and show'd me the readings and said that its .5 lower then the right and thats within specs.. guess thats what we have to live with

Last edited by Kash; 04-27-04 at 01:20 PM.
Old 04-27-04, 09:14 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

If the truck has a visible defect in which you see the lean then that is not right, take the truck to the dealer tell them you want to see atleast 5 other GX's that have the same lean, they won't be able to do that, then tell them your leaving the truck with them and don't want it back till they fix the lean, you want a loaner car equal to the GX, give them several days and tell them your lawyer will contact them about having the dealer buy it back and give you 1 without a lean.

Complete and udder BS, don't leave the dealer to they fix it or they give you a new 1, calling Lexus headquarters in the place also says alot, who's gonna buy a $50,000 dollar vehicle with a visible defect like a lean, quaranteed if you go to trade it in they will not offer you as much cause of the lean.

As a last resort take that racing paint and paint lemons on it and write the dealers name on it saying the dealer sold you a truck with a lean and will not fix it.

You could also just keep taking it to the dealer and file a lemon claim saying they can't fix the problem.
Old 04-27-04, 09:16 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Ask the service writer how far up your azz does my foot have to be so it is within specs
Old 04-27-04, 10:40 PM
Kash
Lexus Test Driver

yea, i'm calling lexus cs tommrow morning gonna find out
Old 04-28-04, 08:41 PM
Kash
Lexus Test Driver

ohh my freak!! so right twsday i took my car in and got it back and what not.. and well he adjusted it to .5 inches and what not.. so i take my gx out for a drive what do u know its back at -1.5 inch offset to the left WTF is up...
Old 04-28-04, 09:25 PM
gs400jon
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Do you hear a hissing sound after turning the engine off at your destination? Make sure you have the "OFF" light lit on the RAHC.
Old 04-29-04, 03:46 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Holy Sh-t

Originally posted by Tony
Man from that picture it has a serious lean. You have got to be kidding if the dealership service writer cannot see that I would knock him upside his head. I dont have KDSS and do not have that problem. My truck is a 9700E build.
Read my post. That GX's front wheel is sitting on a snow bank.
Old 04-29-04, 08:09 AM
Kash
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by gs400jon
Do you hear a hissing sound after turning the engine off at your destination? Make sure you have the "OFF" light lit on the RAHC.
yea but thats just the rear airsuspension going back to its resting position if i come back to the vehicle its leaning again.. i called 1800 coustomer care today to make a note of it.. she sayd she's gonna research the problem
Old 05-01-04, 06:05 PM
kph3
Driver School Candidate

Kash.....let me know what you find out. I am still waiting for a response from my dealer on the 3/4" variance.
Old 05-01-04, 06:19 PM
kph3
Driver School Candidate

Kash.........

Did you say your variance is now 1.5"?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help!! (leaning)